New teamtalk panel

cleiria

ok..so I'm using the default skin..where do I put the 3 files? Do I just extract them here?

C:\Users\*username*\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\skins

Please use michaeltmurray's Base Skin for this purpose:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=154934

In FM10 you always need a skin to refer to. You can't just drop those files to your quoted folder or to this folder:

C:\Users\*username*\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\panels

Last folder had worked till FM09 but in FM10 things have changed due two different standard skins.

• 3 weeks later...
could someone post a new link to this please the one in the OP is dead, thanks

link ok

When adding these to my Skin they make go funny and i have the screen repeat in background. IF wanted to added this to my Skin what xml file would i need to add this commands?

SS.

Would it be possible to tell me what part of the file is needed for this teamtalk because the skin i'm using already has one of these xmls and i don't wanna lose what they did if anything... i'm not sure, but if you tell me i can just change that part of the file :) thx

Just copy all three files to the panels-folder of your skin. You need to replace it or you open up the identic file in your skin and work out the differences. But this may take a while...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Brilliant, just what I was looking for. Started using bubbabaytuna's teamtalks which are great, but found it a real PITA switching backwards and forwards between the motivation and team talk screens, so this is just what I needed.

Massive thanks to cleiria :)

• 4 months later...
i only waiting for my game, after that i'll update the teamtalk panel. Zavvi f*** me

Great news looking forward to it, was shocked to find SI did not just incorporate it into the game, such a waste of time to have to click back and forth.

• 2 weeks later...

There is motivation on player rating screen, and it is match team stats short, but I'm not getting motivation on teamtalk screen. Meh, nevermind, at least we've got it on one of the screens :)

EDIT: I posted a screenshot in Dominion 2 thread, it doesn't work well with 2007 skin, but it should be fine for the rest

There is motivation on player rating screen, and it is match team stats short, but I'm not getting motivation on teamtalk screen. Meh, nevermind, at least we've got it on one of the screens :)

you can do the same for match team stats full.xml ;)

I use it since some years and it's great.

But the teamtalk screen is match team squad team talk.xml, which doesn't (afaik?) have anything to do with match team stats full.xml, does it? Can anyone from SI, or with greater skinning experience, comment on whether getting the Motivation onto the Team Talk screen in some way is even still possible?

But the teamtalk screen is match team squad team talk.xml, which doesn't (afaik?) have anything to do with match team stats full.xml, does it?

yes we're talking of different things. I was just suggesting something to Skald and the others reading this.

having motivation on teamtalk will be gorgeous but right now I couldn't handle it

yep. teamtalks is the match team squad team talk.xml... a quite new xml file that wasn't present in fm10. i couldn't get it to work with old codes, and all my tinkering didn't help. what we need is someone who knows a fair bit more of xml programming to see if it is at all possible.

How about creating a custom view of it just like you can do on the swad screen. That works in my game and all you have to do is remember to select it as the game doesn't remember the slected view for that page.

I have modified the team talk XML myself, the first time I've done that, and it looks like this in my game

I can upload it once I have had the chance to do more testing and worked out why the background has changed back to default.

It's the in-match motivation we're after, which doesn't have a field code in the same style as morale, personality etc. It seems the value only exists during a game, and previous discussions of this mod implied that the game only exposes "home team motivation" and "away team motivation" data sets to skins, like in the match dual view panel and the TV view widgets. So, we need to add a panel to the team talk screen which has a dropdown to view home or away motivation; however, when I've tried to do this, the panels always appear empty of data. So there's something I'm missing, perhaps at a higher level than the match team squad team talk.xml file, to supply the data to the panel. Or something, I'm very much an amateur, someone correct me :p

I try but don´t work, the panels appear empty. SI have change the code. I don´t understand why SI don´t put the motivation on teamtalk's panel, many people want it.

If someone of SI read this, PLEASE put motovation on teamtalk's panel, you'll do many people happy.

How about creating a custom view of it just like you can do on the swad screen. That works in my game and all you have to do is remember to select it as the game doesn't remember the slected view for that page.

I have modified the team talk XML myself, the first time I've done that, and it looks like this in my game

I can upload it once I have had the chance to do more testing and worked out why the background has changed back to default.

This is just what I want ,cant wait till up upload it

Archived