Super striker........Wes Brown?!

im gona go with it being a bug

weirdly enough when i went to mark him, specifically with kolo toure, on the drop down menu in kolo's instructions he was listed as a CB, and the recommended player i mark with kolo was anderson in centre midfield!

quite a strange bug indeed

I Have also seen this before with a few clubs Centre Backs being upfront...id say its a bug

Its not. You'll find most CB's are capable of playing as target men, as the attributes required are similar. It also happens the other way round

Its not. You'll find most CB's are capable of playing as target men, as the attributes required are similar. It also happens the other way round

I agree, this happens quite a lot when teams are 1-0 down and are looking for a goal, they will employ a CB as a supporting ST as they are usually good in the air, so they provide a threat from long balls, Richard Naylor for instance, although he is now at Leeds.

some clubs do this in real life when they are down in the last 10 minutes and they don't have anymore subs left. I remember Danny Shittu would go upfront in the dying stages of a match when he was at Watford. So it doesn't seem like a bug to me.

some clubs do this in real life when they are down in the last 10 minutes and they don't have anymore subs left. I remember Danny Shittu would go upfront in the dying stages of a match when he was at Watford. So it doesn't seem like a bug to me.

that would make sense...if it werent for what i said earlier in that when i went to man mark him, the drop down list said he was playin at CB, and recommended i mark anderson who was playin in CM, seems like a bug to me

When did Arsenal score? As it looks like Man U went to a defensive 5 4 1 to preserve the draw, conceded and went to a 4 4 2 to try and salvage something from the game, but only had one striker on the pitch and none on the bench. So they went for the option that would provide some form of target man but not weaken them defensively.

So it looks like sensible tactics.

Maybe it's a managerial masterstroke like when Wenger converted Henry from a winger to a striker.

This is not what happened. Henry was a striker at Monaco (Manager: A. Wenger), Juventus tried and failed to convert him to be a winger. A position that he played less than twenty games in. So you can't really claim he was actually a winger, but was instead consistently played out of position. And when Arsenal signed him, he played in his normal role. Not a managerial master stroke by Wenger at all. Converting Sol Campbell from a striker to a centre back, that's more of a managerial master stroke by Doug Livermore and Ray Clemence. Wenger can be credited for switching Toure from all over the damn place, to the defence.

And to add to the list of centre backs who've been thrown up front as strikers: Robert Huth.

With the Henry thing. Wenger did play him downt he left wing at Monaco as Wenger has the attitude that a young striker can learn the game on the wing, without the pressure of having to score goals. He is doing the same thing with Walcott (when he is fit anyway).

Wenger has opening stated on many occasions that Walcott will be a striker and play down the middle eventually, but he is giving him games on the wing to give him match experience. It is slightly annoying when supposed football experts (i.e. dumb-ass pundits) talk about Walcott as a right winger and seem to forget that he played up front for Southampton and Arsenal bought him as a striker.

Anyway, rant over and back to topic ...... good detective work Cavenagh. I think you may have cracked it.

So yeah, playing against united in the early stages of the season, went to check there formation for the last 5 mins of the match

and i noticed something, um, a little....odd about Carlo Ancelotti's (Newly taken the post) strike partnership...

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb231/xander291190/brown.jpg

I dont think it's a bug. He must be short of strikers through injury. Tevez is on the bench but his condition is only 80%, so the AI has deemed him not fit to start. I think it's a fantastic bit of realism brought into the game. Irl managers often have to do these things. Look at Tim Cahill at Everton at the mo.

Archived