urgent!! football manager essay!!

hey people. first of all i would love to say that fm 2008 rocks! (back to back promotions with st.albans city so doing alright)

i love fm so much that i have even decided to use it in my assignment. however im stuggling to find some info and was wondering if anyone knows where i can find this information!

1.what kind of advertising budget does a game like fm have? and what is this in relation to other games?

2.how much share of the market does fm have?and what is the size of this market?

3.who is a typical user of fm? i.e.a customer profile?

any help would be much appreciated

cheers ryan

hey people. first of all i would love to say that fm 2008 rocks! (back to back promotions with st.albans city so doing alright)

i love fm so much that i have even decided to use it in my assignment. however im stuggling to find some info and was wondering if anyone knows where i can find this information!

1.what kind of advertising budget does a game like fm have? and what is this in relation to other games?

2.how much share of the market does fm have?and what is the size of this market?

cheers ryan

i don't think that fm actually have any of the market share, i think it's 'si games' who have market share. If fm do have market share it should be a fair bit due to little competition (if we're honest.)

In terms of advertising, from what i've seen its not advertised an awful lot apart from the odd advert on tele, shop posters etc. This is probably because the game's already established and people tend to know when it comes out etc.

point 3 i have no idea, but i would say anyone with half a brain would buy this game

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nobby_McDonald:

If you write your essay to the same grammatical standard as you write your posts in here, you're going to lose some marks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you respond unhelpfully (notice I avoided "splitting" the infinitive) you are liable to ridicule. Perhaps you should restrict your grammatically exemplar/unhelpful posts to a different forum.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gilaventi:

Ryan if you want decent answers to 3 you're gonna have to break it down and ask specific questions about age, hours of use and whatever else you want to know.

As for 1 and 2, best to ask SI directly, although I doubt they'll divulge accurate figures. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

how do i ask si directly?i cant find an email address anywhere?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fmhero2001:

yeah because everything he writes is meant to be essay standard. Naughty boy Ryan for not writing properly on this forum </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You know, I've never understood why people to speak using proper grammar, because it doesn't take any more effort than using poor grammar. Same with posting on a forum. Doing it correctly or incorrectly takes the same effort, so why not do it the right way and be more easily understood?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ackter:

No, no no, you've got it the wrong way around - FM is meant to ruin educations, not assist. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What is the world coming to.!

Just on the third question, I would have said the great strength of FM is that there is no real customer profile. Young kids, the unemployed, females, married with two kids and a stressful job and even pensioners all play it. It gives you the chance to escape your current world and enter a virtual one.

The only real customer profile I'd attach is football fan.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ryan_w:

ahh but thats were spell check comes in handy </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

...or not as the case may be [/safetywink - do people still use safetywinks?]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ryan_w:

cheers ryan </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Was his opening post really written so poorly? Really? His post stands up well next to the many "text speak" staccato posts you see around. I mean, he even got the full stops into "i.e." - nice icon_wink.gif

SI Games are probably a PLC, which means they would have to publish the minutes of their AGM's (i.e. what the company plans to do for the comming financial year) and are also required by law to send their financial information to to Government, where anyboy can ask to see the results.

Thus if you want this information, check the company website (on corporate sections) or check the Department for Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform website (new companies must be registered with Companies House, which would be under that Department and thus the information will be floating around there somewhere)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by V50:

SI Games are probably a PLC, which means they would have to publish the minutes of their AGM's (i.e. what the company plans to do for the comming financial year) and are also required by law to send their financial information to to Government, where anyboy can ask to see the results.

Thus if you want this information, check the company website (on corporate sections) or check the Department for Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform website (new companies must be registered with Companies House, which would be under that Department and thus the information will be floating around there somewhere) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I doubt it tbh but Sega may be...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ackter:

No, no no, you've got it the wrong way around - FM is meant to ruin educations, not assist. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly......I ma actually thinking of suing (sp) SI if I dont finnish my study soon icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Law_Man:

Was his opening post really written so poorly? Really? His post stands up well next to the many "text speak" staccato posts you see around. I mean, he even got the full stops into "i.e." - nice icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Isn't it just a case of poor punctuation rather than bad grammar?

Although I never paid too much attention in English at school so I am probably wrong! icon_rolleyes.gif

My beat advice to you here is to find another angle for your essay. The only information you can get from "Companies House" is the financial information of the company (turnover, shareholdings, ebitda, tax, etc). You will not be able to deduce enough information from that though I'm afraid. However, there may be a breakdown of operational costs which may give you the overall marketing spend.

Customer profiling is so costly and so valuable that you are unlikely to ever get access to this information. Since Sega Europe acquired the share capital of SI Games, I would imagine that they would see this type of information as a key marketing tool against the opposition in their marketing and distribution of the FM series and their other games.

Can't you perhaps take a different angle on your essay though? Perhaps one that can allow you to enjoy the essay, but a the same time give you a chance of completing it? If you want to do customer profiles, perhaps you could ask for a sample through the forums and see how many people respond.

p.s. If you really want to know more about a company, the best thing to do is to buy a share (just one share is enough) and then call the company to explain that you are a shareholder and have some questions for their shareholders' service centre. You will then find out exactly what they are willing to give you and what they are not. Remember that a shareholder in a company is king. The directors of a company work for the shareholders and their number one legal priority (above all else; employees and customers included) is the shareholder value. This "p.s." is an aside. It really doesn't improve your chances of success in getting access to this very private data. icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hawshiels:

My beat advice to you here is to find another angle for your essay. The only information you can get from "Companies House" is the financial information of the company (turnover, shareholdings, ebitda, tax, etc). You will not be able to deduce enough information from that though I'm afraid. However, there may be a breakdown of operational costs which may give you the overall marketing spend.

Customer profiling is so costly and so valuable that you are unlikely to ever get access to this information. Since Sega Europe acquired the share capital of SI Games, I would imagine that they would see this type of information as a key marketing tool against the opposition in their marketing and distribution of the FM series and their other games.

Can't you perhaps take a different angle on your essay though? Perhaps one that can allow you to enjoy the essay, but a the same time give you a chance of completing it? If you want to do customer profiles, perhaps you could ask for a sample through the forums and see how many people respond.

p.s. If you really want to know more about a company, the best thing to do is to buy a share (just one share is enough) and then call the company to explain that you are a shareholder and have some questions for their shareholders' service centre. You will then find out exactly what they are willing to give you and what they are not. Remember that a shareholder in a company is king. The directors of a company work for the shareholders and their number one legal priority (above all else; employees and customers included) is the shareholder value. This "p.s." is an aside. It really doesn't improve your chances of success in getting access to this very private data. icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Be careful about this, the new Companies Act codifies directors duties and it includes duties to customers, employees and even the environment!!!

Archived