Administration

• 3 weeks later...
Anyone seen any teams go into admin?

Sheff Utd just got docked 10 points at end of 1st season on mine

Yeah sheff Utd got deducted 10 points on mine aswell which led to them being relegated. Quite handy for my Aberdeen team though as i picked up Stephen Quinn and Nick Montomery from them for something like 70k combined.

Brighton are bankrupt in mine, but haven't been deducted points at any time. The last two seasons in a row they've finished bottom of their division by some distance. Their squad is tipped for promotion from the Blue Square Premier but it consists of a bunch of youth team players as well as a couple of players who must've signed long-term deals a few years back. Basically, they can't afford to renew anyone's contract or sign any half-competent players.

This could be the first time I've seen an established team drop out of the top six levels of English football in FM.

Brighton are bankrupt in mine, but haven't been deducted points at any time. The last two seasons in a row they've finished bottom of their division by some distance. Their squad is tipped for promotion from the Blue Square Premier but it consists of a bunch of youth team players as well as a couple of players who must've signed long-term deals a few years back. Basically, they can't afford to renew anyone's contract or sign any half-competent players.

This could be the first time I've seen an established team drop out of the top six levels of English football in FM.

How far in to the game are you?

Playing as Villa, in 2014 and Everton, Liverpool and CHELSEA!!! have all been docked 9 points in the prem (i thought it was 10 for entering admin?) love Liverpool getting docked as it meant i won the league by 2 points!!!

It's 9 points in the Prem. 10 in the other leagues. I have no idea why.

Seeing teams like Man City and Chelsea going into administration is an absolute joke.

Why? If Roman and the Arabs withdraw their money both clubs are left with huge wage bills that they can't hope to meet.

I know they were hard coded in previous versions as it was club copyright.

Maybe that has changed?

It is ludicrous to think in 6 years Chelsea and Man City will encounter severe financial turmoil, who ever the chairman is. Even if it's Peter Ridsdale.

Seeing teams like Man City and Chelsea going into administration is an absolute joke.

Actually it isnt. Chelsea allegedly were months from Adminstration when Roman took over and they are likely to be in the same position when Roman leaves - presuming he does at some time. Liverpool & Man Utd - no, really, in any other industry they would be a certainty! - are both likely to suffer the same fate unless at some point a wealthy benefactor takes them on (which is almost certain so no real worries there). Man City, and I am a fan, will probably be shafted if the current backers pull out but they seem to be using the Club as a loss leader for their own promotional purposes, and thats fine by me. West Ham I imagine are on the slippery slope already. The point is, if a potential buyer can let the club get docked the points without fear of relegation / missing on a top 4 finish, and if they can then buy the club at a discount (which is effectively what would happen) then that is what will happen.

It is ludicrous to think in 6 years Chelsea and Man City will encounter severe financial turmoil, who ever the chairman is. Even if it's Peter Ridsdale.

No, it's not. If Abramovich were to leave or die Chelsea would be in serious financial trouble.

Archived