Will there be anywhere selling FM09 tomorrow?

It would mean not having to drive somewhere at midnight to get it, could just get it during the day and sit waiting for midnight for activation. Does anyone know if it will be released tomorrow by anyone? Seeing as the activation happens now, it doesn't actually affect SI at all, it just means those who want to can be prepared for the release and play asap after release date!

I remember buying 07 from a 24hrs tesco at bout 1030pm the nite before it was released, but yeah, no point this year cause of the activation stuff. I love the first week after the game has come out, everyone is racing to find the best players, gain some kudos amongst other fans.etc....

it doesnt make a difference anyway cause it cant be activated till friday

You only need to wait until friday if you are a pc user. Mac users, if they can find a shop thats selling the boxed version, can play it now since mac and pc versions are on the same disk.

Edit: You can activate just before midnight tomorrow night according to Miles thread.

introduced this year to stop the shops selling it early.

Its questionable if it really stops shops selling it earley when they know it cannot be activated till Friday anyway... they probably think they are not breaking the law.

Its questionable if it really stops shops selling it earley when they know it cannot be activated till Friday anyway... they probably think they are not breaking the law.

They aren't breaking the law to sell the game early. They are breaching a term of a contract that Sega/SI are not likely to challenge as they would jeopordise payment and damage goodwill with their customer.

Working in credit control for a manufactor, unfortunately its pretty clear that large Retailers take the **** with their suppliers because they can.

im australian and i have my copy. the wait to activate the game actually makes me do something i have rarely done before. read the manual and check the editor. oh and actually get stuck into my final uni essay due soon. i spose thats a good thing..

I remember for FM07 I went in to GAME and claimed Virgin down the road had started seeling it. There was absolute uproar and GAME started throwing copies around :) classic

That's really sneaky and underhand thing to do...a downright shady way to operate, utterly disgraceful in fact!

Nice one. :thup:

I remember for FM07 I went in to GAME and claimed Virgin down the road had started seeling it. There was absolute uproar and GAME started throwing copies around :) classic

I went into my local PC World store on the revised official release date and they refused to sell it! (and there wasnt just me asking, was a queue!) so well done, sales lost there!

It got worse, went to the next nearest PC World and they didnt know what FM08 was !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOSERS!

Thank God for Zavvi, they are organised and knowledgable.

That and also to protect FM.

To protect FM (or more precisely SEGA) from what exactly? , Incorrect Sales Statistics for release week? Big deal, I dont really care about suits and their Powerpoint presentations (because, here's news!, they dont care about FM, just "product xyz" - could be "The Sims - Sexual Deviants & Serial Killers" for all they care) - I just want to play the game

They aren't breaking the law to sell the game early. They are breaching a term of a contract that Sega/SI are not likely to challenge as they would jeopordise payment and damage goodwill with their customer.

Working in credit control for a manufactor, unfortunately its pretty clear that large Retailers take the **** with their suppliers because they can.

...by giving consumers what they want - when they want it? They can carry on taking the pxss then as far as Im concerned.

To protect FM (or more precisely SEGA) from what exactly? , Incorrect Sales Statistics for release week? Big deal, I dont really care about suits and their Powerpoint presentations (because, here's news!, they dont care about FM, just "product xyz" - could be "The Sims - Sexual Deviants & Serial Killers" for all they care) - I just want to play the game

Actually it's to protect them from pre-release piracy.

If no-one has a disk in their hands until the release day, there's zero percent chance of a pirate playing the game on release day. Instead real customers get the game first.

I remember back with 03/04 I had friends playing pirate versions a few days before I got my copy... and mine was a pre-release copy from SI for testing. Yes, pirates had it before SI Towers had any physical copies. That's what they are looking to prevent.

If the only way to play the game last week was to pirate it or wait until tomorrow as no shops near you broke the street date, plenty would have downloaded the pirate "just until release day". If it then worked flawlessly, some of them would have then said "ah, screw buying a copy, this works fine" and a sale is lost. By making sure no-one has it pre-release, SI can ensure that they maximise sales and minimise piracy. Anyone who waits for the game to be cracked after release wouldn't have paid anyway.

So does anyone know any retailers in the UK that are selling the game today? I realise that I can't activate the game yet but it would be good to get the game now so I can start reading the manual and also play the game @ midnight!

Or set the clock on your PC back 6 Billion years and go and watch the dinosaurs! Hate to burst your bubble mate but the clock on a PC does not change the time in the real world! :-D

Damn, was just in the middle of setting my PC clock back to the days when Newcastle won things (1950's BTW) when i read this post lol

Archived