Where Is The Announcement?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
he posted earlier that he was trying to get it out today but he had a lot on. perhaps its tomorrow now.

I'm sure it will just be the fine details, not sure anyone should expect any 'miracles'. It certainly won't be unlocked before the 14th. Let's just hope that it is before 9 a.m.... :)

Nope, Matt from Sega confirmed there would be an announcement today about activation AND PaulC said that there were finalising the patch and would release a changelist.

Cant see any of them here :(

plans can change if he is busy. posting an announcement on the forums probably isnt one of his highest prioritys 4 days before the release of a new game. he was probably too busy to post it and will probably post it tomorrow.

I'm just interested in what SEGA/SI are doing about the activation.

I'm fine with it, too much hooha about it on these forums, its not a big deal, so many peope asking "what about X or Y?".

Who cares, install it, authenticate and damn well play!

BUT since I'm getting mine a day early like I do with ALL my games I really need to know if it is worth taking time off work Thursday/Friday or not...

plans can change if he is busy. posting an announcement on the forums probably isnt one of his highest prioritys 4 days before the release of a new game. he was probably too busy to post it and will probably post it tomorrow.

His post intimated that he had not been able to get in touch with everybody he needed too today, probably because of the different timezones involved.

PaulC said that there were finalising the patch and would release a changelist.

Cant see any of them here :(

PaulC only said they'll release the chengelist when the patch is done, I'm quite sure he never mentioned this would be today. I actually hope the patch isn't done yet, they have 3 or 4 more days to work on things, why finish it today?

Apologies - I did say I'd post today but haven't been able to get all the information I need. I'd rather make sure it's all nailed on and correct.

It's now highly likely to be tomorrow. I'm really sorry.

What I'd suggest is that the patch changelist won't be available until the patch is done and tested - so basically Friday, when SI hope to get it live. That much I do know.

More tomorrow. Cheers.

I dont remember seeing anything about patch content for today... Would expect that Wed/late Thursday. Hopefully they've seen fit to put back one or two things they probably shouldnt have removed *cough* highlights speed slider ;)

The longer they spend on this first patch, the better it should be.

Update - Well, if the patch is out Friday then most people arent going to care if the game is activated at midnight. I've restarted too many games to play without patches gah!

I dont remember seeing anything about patch content for today... Would expect that Wed/late Thursday. Hopefully they've seen fit to put back one or two things they probably shouldnt have removed *cough* highlights speed slider ;)

The longer they spend on this first patch, the better it should be.

Update - Well, if the patch is out Friday then most people arent going to care if the game is activated at midnight. I've restarted too many games to play without patches gah!

I second this, especially the removed *ahem* slider... Naughty SI!

No patch = no start. I've been burned before, now I have learned patience. It's a virtue you know. ;)

Patience might be a very good thing to have.

Here is my GUESSWORK at an announcement. The good, the bad and the ugly.

The bad.

Due to resources being put (correctly) into the day 0 patch, they have not yet fully completed the tweaks to the code to turn FM09 into WWSM09. This is supported by the absence of a WWSM09 demo as was promised. WWSM will be delayed XX days and therefore will not be available on Steam on Nov 14th.

The good.

Due to this, SI / SEGA have co-ordinated with Steam to open up the FM09 download to all US IP addresses for Nov 14th.

The ugly.

Iain Dowie and Judge Judy

AGAIN, ALL OF THE ABOVE IS PURE SPECULATION (and hopefully thinking) :D

Patience might be a very good thing to have.

Here is my GUESSWORK at an announcement. The good, the bad and the ugly.

The ugly.

Due to resources being put (correctly) into the day 0 patch, they have not yet fully completed the tweaks to the code to turn FM09 into WWSM09. This is supported by the absence of a WWSM09 demo as was promised. WWSM will be delayed XX days and therefore will not be available on Steam on Nov 14th.

The good.

Due to this, SI / SEGA have co-ordinated with Steam to open up the FM09 download to all US IP addresses for Nov 14th.

The ugly.

Iain Dowie and Judge Judy

AGAIN, ALL OF THE ABOVE IS PURE SPECULATION (and hopefully thinking) :D

I think 'The ugly' can only be regarded as fact :)

I think you may be right in your predictions. What are the lottery numbers for Saturday?

STEAM will also be one of the ways to be able to authenticate your retail version of Football Manager 2009 on it's release, and our preferred route of patching, as patching through STEAM is automatic. You can download the STEAM client from http://store.steampowered.com/ and can also pre-order Football Manager 2009 from the site to be able to play it at 9am UK time on the day of release.

The "strawberry" demo will also be available as a torrent download for those who are aware of this techonology, and as a download with bandwidth provided by GameShadow, although these are likely to appear shortly after the demo becomes available on STEAM, as we will be uploading to STEAM first.

this. read it :)

i'll wait for patch changelist. if 2d goes 3d for me .i'll buy the game. if not there is nothing to do .it's all over for me and time say bye to fm series. why would i pre order it if i can't play 3d

Because 3D is quite a small insignificant part of the game to me, and it wouldnt make any difference to the out come of the game if it was 2d or 3d

i'll wait for patch changelist. if 2d goes 3d for me .i'll buy the game. if not there is nothing to do .it's all over for me and time say bye to fm series. why would i pre order it if i can't play 3d

I prefer the 2d over the 3d.

In fact, if I'd have gone out and bought a new computer just to use the 3d match engine I'd be a very p*ssed off boy right about now.

if you would choose not to buy FM09 because it wasnt 3D your obviously not a true fan of the series. to some diehard fans of the series *i tip my hat to these people* they still use text only. those are the true fans and play the game for the enjoyment of the game. the thrill of the LLM or winning the world cup. which ever level you choose to manage at, the game is about football management not watch a game in 3D.

not sure about that. matt will make that annoucement later. all i know atm is whats in the stickie what i have already posted. mine was sent from HMV today so im hoping it will be here soon :D

Yup HMV have sent me an email saying "Its On Its Way" but it will take 2-4 days for delivery..

So most likely get it on Thuirsday / Friday morning... But no point in getting it early i wont be able to play it untill 10pm on Friday.

if you would choose not to buy FM09 because it wasnt 3D your obviously not a true fan of the series. to some diehard fans of the series *i tip my hat to these people* they still use text only. those are the true fans and play the game for the enjoyment of the game. the thrill of the LLM or winning the world cup. which ever level you choose to manage at, the game is about football management not watch a game in 3D.

Hmm, you make it sound as though games cannot progress. It's 2008, things can move forward and new fans, who are just as passionate about FM, can and will come along and with that comes a whole new level of expectation. Having said that, most people who love FM would continue to buy into the series even if it remained 2D. I know I would!

I'd like to see a better level of presentation (throughout the game) though, so you'd say I dont really like FM either right? ;)

I don't like the notion that to be considered a true FM fan you have to stick to old ways of playing. That's like saying you have to work in a coal mine to be a proper man

I love 3D and I'd be gutted if I couldn't use it. But that doesn't make me any less of a fan

Archived