Like it or not?even with some things that will be fixed, will you buy it?

LIKE IT?  

165 members have voted

1. 1. LIKE IT?

• normally, will still buy it
    • nope, not at all...canceled the buy

i am trying to make a thread to see if anyone does REALLY like the game, as it is or as it will be on the release date, even with the patch...in my case, i like it...the 3d will be used only in Champions League(if i will get there with my small home town team)or in the big matches, so i really do not care much about that...i do not see anything anoying me....whats really disturbing are the injuries....hope it will be fixed...in the rest...not much to complain about(even though i play the game since 99)...so i made a poll and i want to see what is the percentage of people that does not like it AT ALL....so, let the voting start(should have putted the answers in the poll like: Obama or McCain :p:)) ) ....sorry if the pole will not show up, but im not into the forums...i just post :) do not want to overwhelm my mind with these things:)

its a great game that has a history behind...and i think that when you love something, you will take that something(someone)with you untill the end:P we must not let SI down just because they made some errors(or because some have bad pc's to play it)...its too huge(fm)for my life and i wont give that up...will be like giving up my familly or wife

well...it appears that my hopes in seeing people still buying it have turned up good...many still like it...and i think that some bugs will be sorted out, even though some will not...:( that is life...good and bad...we have to live like we can and we have to encourage SI and tell them good opinions and not stupid and angry complaints...tell them what is what and they will now how to fix

I'll be buying the little smasher. Any glitches will be sorted because SI work like trojans to do it every single year. Each year the game improves and I weep with joy when I imagine the game I'll be playing when FM 2036 is released... I'll be standing on a virtual touchline watching the virtual match as if I'm really there- non of this 'choice of views' nonsense. It will be thru the eyes of the virtual gaffer. Then I'll purchase my virtual pie at half-time and actually be able to taste it. After winning the Chamions' League with Lewes I'll be able to actually run, arms aloft, onto the virtual pitch and complete a tearful lap of virtual honour. Virtually. Magic.

its a great game that has a history behind...and i think that when you love something, you will take that something(someone)with you untill the end:P we must not let SI down just because they made some errors(or because some have bad pc's to play it)...its too huge(fm)for my life and i wont give that up...will be like giving up my familly or wife

Oh come up. I know it's a bit of a tongue in cheek analogy but the line about not letting SI down is ridiculous - they're a decent sized business backed by a multi-national who done very well thank you from us all over the years.

I'll be buying the game but it certainly won't be out of any sense of responsibility to SI. They owe us.

Oh come up. I know it's a bit of a tongue in cheek analogy but the line about not letting SI down is ridiculous - they're a decent sized business backed by a multi-national who done very well thank you from us all over the years.

I'll be buying the game but it certainly won't be out of any sense of responsibility to SI. They owe us.

well, its not like that...i am in a bigger firm than sega, so i know how things run with the smaller firms that mine has(and trust me, it has 3 smaller ones, not 1)....i know what it means to test a game,i know what it means to make over times, in some cases until 3-4 am...i know how it is when you wake up after a long over time and only 2 hours of sleep and than back to work...if most of you Bravehearts around here could do that job, thinking its only about playing the game, well, you are all wrong...please be my guest little Hitlers and give your CV to a game testing company and than we will see if you are accepted...its about level design, its about in-game options combined with setup options, its about save/load test cases, its about more other thing that can not be told(internal policy of many game testing firms)....and also, beside a tester, there is a programmer, and if sega wont give the necessary money to hire or bring good ones, than the project is screwd and many bugs will get WNF-ed, or in some good cases MF-s....or, there is the possibility of closing the bug(by the closer of the project)as CNR-s....know anything about that?NO,OF COURSE NOT...you are not a tester and you are not a programmer....ho does not like it, provide a post in the bugs forum and some will be fixed, others, of course, will not...but please keep the post in a good mannered one...WE OWE THEM SUPPORT...trust me

thanks for the rant. we dont owe anyone anything. its entertainment. if we like the game and want to play it we buy it. they earn a living. any problems someone usually lets them know and they often fix it. i pay good money for a game id like to work. if it doesnt work i wont buy it. simple as. no need to call anyone a hitler is there

Minus the bugs, I love the FM09 demo, despite first impressions being bad. The more I got in to it the move I realized just what a good job SI have done

I hated FM08, it was much worse than FM09 when it was released and even after 2 patches it isn't very good. So I'm looking forward to getting a long career going in 09

I think it is inaccurate to say that we owe, or are indeed owed, anything by SI. It is a game produced by a company- if we like a product we will spend money on it. If we don't, we won't. Therefore it is in the interests of SI to understand their demographic target audience etc and produce a popular game that will sell well. If they miss the mark they will not sell copies of the game. It is not about owing anything to anyone.

you missed out the option of "hmm im not sure yet!" i think i will have to wait to see what people make of the patch. fm08 ran fine on my laptop yet 09 even on 2d is jittery just like 3d... infact it sometimes feels that 3d is better than 2d for jitteryness. I like the game as a whole as long as they fix the text bug but atm i'm having to play commentary only for games.

This is even after turning off 3d and also setting detail level to low yet still 2D is appauling. So ill wait before i buy as i dont want to use commentary only. If its not better i'll just have to wait till i get a new laptop. NExt year maybe.

i mihgt jsut roll back the years and start playing the older version. To me i think an option to add in future version would make some parts of the game optional via some in built options. I've only played the demo a little bit but already i find it a chore to play the game. As a gamer i simply want to buy coach and manage my team. I really don't need all the other crap that seems to being added each year.

But others may like these features and have nothing else to do but play this game. So for that reason the features can be added, but for people like me who jsut want the main parts of the game ike mentioned above then why not create a menu where you can turn off media,teamtalks, press conferences etc.

Maybe an option for SI to look at for next years game.

i mihgt jsut roll back the years and start playing the older version. To me i think an option to add in future version would make some parts of the game optional via some in built options. I've only played the demo a little bit but already i find it a chore to play the game. As a gamer i simply want to buy coach and manage my team. I really don't need all the other crap that seems to being added each year.

But others may like these features and have nothing else to do but play this game. So for that reason the features can be added, but for people like me who jsut want the main parts of the game ike mentioned above then why not create a menu where you can turn off media,teamtalks, press conferences etc.

Maybe an option for SI to look at for next years game.

I think it is inevitable that SI will eventually have to make many features of the game optional. As each new version appears, it does take longer to progress through each season. This is not a problem for me, I really like most new features, but I think the fact that many people just want to 'load up, buy players, pick tactic, play game, rattle through a season, buy more players, start new season, etc' is a really valid point. Some people just don't require all the features so it would be great if they became optional extras.

I am undecided.

For starters, I dont like the 2d match engine in FM09. It has taken a huge step backwards since FM08. It seems they [sI] have been working so heavily on the 3d engine that they have neglected the little 2d dots that bring so much joy to an awful lot of users.

As with most years, I will hang about the forums to gague the reaction to the patch from other user's. The injury problem is pretty horrendous, (Marseille picked up 5 injuries in my match against them). It is not quite "the end of the world, worst thing ever" problem that some people are making it out to be, but I'm not happy about it. If that is not fixed, then I dont think I will buy the game.

I am undecided.

For starters, I dont like the 2d match engine in FM09. It has taken a huge step backwards since FM08. It seems they [sI] have been working so heavily on the 3d engine that they have neglected the little 2d dots that bring so much joy to an awful lot of users.

As with most years, I will hang about the forums to gague the reaction to the patch from other user's. The injury problem is pretty horrendous, (Marseille picked up 5 injuries in my match against them). It is not quite "the end of the world, worst thing ever" problem that some people are making it out to be, but I'm not happy about it. If that is not fixed, then I dont think I will buy the game.

This isn't correct. The 2-D 'engine' and 3-d 'engine' are not seperate. They are both simply visual representations of the single match engine. Thought I better clear that up!

and also, beside a tester, there is a programmer, and if sega wont give the necessary money to hire or bring good ones, than the project is screwd

I think the programmers are doing quite a nice job, They have made the game a success

so far so I really dont see how there not good enough ??

yes...I will hopefully buy the game if it runs on my comp,

This isn't correct. The 2-D 'engine' and 3-d 'engine' are not seperate. They are both simply visual representations of the single match engine. Thought I better clear that up!

Yes I know. Apologies for confusing the ME with the visual representation - but I still think most people will have the sense to figure out what I mean.

so long as the injuries are fixed i will defo buy the game, as i love fm. everything else about the game i really like, just annoying about the bugs, but if u remember last years game was poor until the patch, but the patch will be out immediately so it shouldnt be a problem.

Yes I know. Apologies for confusing the ME with the visual representation - but I still think most people will have the sense to figure out what I mean.

I'm really surprised by this. SI have stated that the ME has been tested to death thro FML. Do you mean how the 2D now looks or how the ME actually represents football?

well...my thread has gone wild:P over 100 people just in here said they will buy the game...so, SI did a good job(even with some mistakes, that i hope will be fixed on release day)....so its great to see that a game, being critised since demo release, is still going to be bought....some confidence has been broken with this year's game, but still time to improve

Archived