Press Conferences

Should the "Additional Comments" box be bigger?  

145 members have voted

1. 1. Should the "Additional Comments" box be bigger?

• Yes
    • No

Here's something for you to laugh at.

I was asked "Who do you think will win the Premiership?" (I'm stoke BTW) : I replied: Manchester United -- and now my players have reacted badly. Come on, it's not like Stoke are going to win the prem -- the press conferences need a little work imo.

I said Wolves (I'm Charlton) and they were upset. For a laugh I reloaded and said Palace and they were just as narked when they should really be more so. The fans didn't seem to care either and I'm sure any Charlton manager who touted Palace for the title would be roundly heckled.

Having said that I am enjoying them and if the text typing bug is sorted I'll enjoy them even more.

Here's something for you to laugh at.

I was asked "Who do you think will win the Premiership?" (I'm stoke BTW) : I replied: Manchester United -- and now my players have reacted badly. Come on, it's not like Stoke are going to win the prem -- the press conferences need a little work imo.

Haha, I'm Arsenal and I said Stoke to be funny - barely anything was said about it. Adebayour thought I should be more ambitious!

I like the press conferences but there are some problems with it - such as being asked the same question twice in a row!

Also yes, we need a bigger text box. It's quite annoying that it doesn't tell you when you're at the end of the character amount either.

its also annoying that you dont seem to get anything to do with what you typed in the text box.

"be careful what you say or it could come back to haunt you" i was kind of hoping it would :)

im still waiting though and that was 5 games ago now.

When I praised balotelli in my game I said something along the lines of hE's still young and will only get better with match experience, in another confrence I was asked again about balotelli and was quoted to what I had said previously which I though was cool

It will just show up in your inbox... something like:

Will you be bringing in any new players? You reply with your message, then in the message it will say:

When Jason was asked if he'd be bringing in new players, he responded saying he will be bringing in a center forward, before adding that he is also on the lookout for young talent.

(the bit in bold is the bit I would have said... you get the general gist I'm sure)

I am playing as Arsenal and when asked who should be world player of year, I said Toure. Next thing, Toure's profile says "Toure does not feel worthy of myname's comments. Three other players' profiles say: playername is worried by myname's comments. title of feedback from press conference was: "Baffling Toure choice for world player of the year". I thought the whole thing was hilarious.

i also think the box is fine. for the game to even try to comprehend what you're saying, the comment has to be very brief.

The game doesn't understand what you type into the box. It just stores it and may print it out in a news item.

Yep, it does that. It's quite nice cause it even got the reason for my expletive-filled rant right. The sunday mirror asked me 3 times about whether I was buying Gokhan Inler, two of those in the same conference. The new item afterwards said that I "seemed to take offence at being repeatedly asked the same question". :D

something interesting: I mentioned complacency in one of my answers and the next question was about complacency. I mentioned being focused in that one and the news item had the word 'focused' in the title.

I wonder whether it checks text strings to find further possibly related questions and/or headlines?

The amount of characters that you can fit in the press conference comments box is more then enough, at least for me. It's a purely cosmetic feature as it doesn't affect any outcome so to me, it's fine the way it is. I do find the press conferences interesting. Let's hope they don't get too repetitive as each game goes on. I would love to do a press conference before a Champions League final but hey, that's a dream for now.

Archived