What happens when....

Just a question about affiliated clubs.

You are managing a league 2 team and inherit a parent club from a higher league in the same country. You become extremely successful and end up in a better league than your parent club. Does the club remain your parent club even though you are in a higher league? Or do they become your feeder club? Or does the affiliation between the two teams finish?

Ive just always wondered. And have never been successful enough to actually find out haha.

Sometimes you get offered a feeder in the same league - I won Serie A, then was offered a fellow Serie A side as a feeder. One year, we finished 1st and 2nd :D

I think that Italian football is probably a bit unique. Since they dont actually have a reserve league they loan their players among themselves so thats probably the arrangement you have. However an affiliate relationship is normally cancelled if both clubs are playing in the same league at the same time.

Your not allowed affiliates in the same league as you.

well, thats the impression i got anyway

that's usually what happens although i had been promoted and kept my link with my parent team that we in the same league as so i cancelled the link myself.

• 2 weeks later...
Can't work it on the demo but I heard we could suggest feeder/parent clubs to the board in FM09. Does anyone know if this is the case and how to do it?

Miles said you have to be managing the team long enough that they trust you so probably wont work in demo

Archived