Pay me £x per week to move, does it happen IRL

trying to flog off some of my deadwood and came across the pay me x amount of £'s per week until the end of my contract and i'll move. Are there any real life examples of this? i couldn't think of any off the top of my head although i'm assuming SI wouldn't just include any old tat for funsies, will it be in FM09?

another issue along this subject is players buying out their contracts, will this be included?

trying to flog off some of my deadwood and came across the pay me x amount of £'s per week until the end of my contract and i'll move. Are there any real life examples of this? i couldn't think of any off the top of my head although i'm assuming SI wouldn't just include any old tat for funsies, will it be in FM09?

Bobo Balde.

this happens quite alot in real life actually.

this usually happens when a big team wants to get rid of a player but this other club which has less economical facilities cannot guarantee the same pay the player was getting at this club so if the big club want to get rid of this player so badly they come to an agreement that for how long the player stays at this new club x amount of money will still be covered by them.

Leeds were still payng some of Robbie Fowler's wages when he was at Man City I think.

Duberry as well, which really is hilarious and you deserve everything you get if you're going to give that clampet a ridiculously high wage.

but he's still at celtic, and isn't that more to do with the fact all the teams who want him wont pay the wages instead of him demanding money from celtic

Thats what it is in the game. IF he can't get the same wages, he may want his previous club to 'top up' his new wage, so that his living standard doesn't suffer.

Yeah, Leeds recruited Robbie Fowler on £80k per week but clubs knew the financial situation so could play hardball and say "we'll give you £1million for Fowler and pay him £40k; you make up the difference... the bank's gonna reposess if you don't reduce your outgoings..."

It would only really be used in real life in that situation, ie, a club HAS to reduce its wage bill and is so desperate to do so it will accept a deal like that. If the club is in the black I doubt they would agree to anything like this, no matter how dead the wood is.

but he's still at celtic, and isn't that more to do with the fact all the teams who want him wont pay the wages instead of him demanding money from celtic

Yes he is still there. That's the point.

They weren't prepared to pay him to leave.

When McPhail came to Barnsley from Leeds apparently they were still paying around 50% of his wages.

That's madness, surely McPhail couldn't have been on so much money Leeds were prepared to pay half just to cut their budget by half of his wages?! Did Ridsdale know anything about money or football?

Robbie Fowler, Harry Kewell, Danny Mills, Seth Johnson..in fact Leeds did this a lot :D

Any wonder they are where they are....

Perhaps Dafuge should start a challenge:

"Dafuge's Continental Challenger to small-time club challenge"

All you'd have to do is pay astronomical wages to rubbish players, then sell all your best ones and watch your team free-fall.... :D

It does happen in RL. You want to sell a player you don't use to another club, but that club can't afford his current salary, so offers a much lower one. The player wishes to move but is not willing to cut down on his salary for it, so he proposes that you cover for the salary difference for a certain period of time if you really want to get rid of him.

It does happen in RL. You want to sell a player you don't use to another club, but that club can't afford his current salary, so offers a much lower one. The player wishes to move but is not willing to cut down on his salary for it, so he proposes that you cover for the salary difference for a certain period of time if you really want to get rid of him.

think you've kinda missed the point Xaman, try reading the whole thing before posting

That's madness, surely McPhail couldn't have been on so much money Leeds were prepared to pay half just to cut their budget by half of his wages?! Did Ridsdale know anything about money or football?

Well funnily enough it was Ridsdale who brokered the deal........after becoming chairman of our Barnsley!

What a tit he was!

Leeds were that close to the wall that they needed to do this. Think Barmy got paid £2k per week from Hull when he signed with the remaining 10k per week being paid by Leeds. In essence they only saved £200k on the deal as Barmby still had a 2 year deal to see out.

I seem to remember Barmby went on loan to Forest before he went to Hull - there was something about if he'd played another game for Leeds, they'd have to pay extra to where ever he'd came from before that (Liverpool?) So Leeds saved this fee as well.

slightly at a tangent but I heard that when Leeds had agreed a fee with his club Seth Johnson went into contract negotiations with his agent hoping for £20k a week but expecting 15k which he would have been happy with but Risdale bursts in and says 'Right I can only offer you £30k a week, that's my absoloute maximum'

Seth Johnson and his agent were so gobsmacked they didn't say anything which Risdale took as a sign of playing hardball so then Risdale goes 'Ok 35k a week but thats it'.

slightly at a tangent but I heard that when Leeds had agreed a fee with his club Seth Johnson went into contract negotiations with his agent hoping for £20k a week but expecting 15k which he would have been happy with but Risdale bursts in and says 'Right I can only offer you £30k a week, that's my absoloute maximum'

Seth Johnson and his agent were so gobsmacked they didn't say anything which Risdale took as a sign of playing hardball so then Risdale goes 'Ok 35k a week but thats it'.

'Tis true, as a shoal of tropical fish will testify ;)

The gossip was suggesting that a few players Chelski wanted to offload were in the same boat - not just back in the Bogarde days, but Shevva himself!

Archived