What the hell is going on? World class players at Sunderland?

I am currently playing as Sunderland and have finished 6th, 4th 3rd and 3rd. Last season I won the champions league and told the board I would challenge for the title after selling a few players and messing around with the budgets I managed to get a transfer budget of just under £70 million with this I got Schweinsteiger for £12 million. Because Liverpool never finished in the top 4 for the last 3 seasons Torres was willing to join my club so I signed him for a whooping £52 million.

Now I have just sold Eduardo for £10 million, Ashton for £20 million and a few other lesser players to get £39.5 million. I saw Messi had that as a minimum release clause in his contract so I bid for a laugh, after all I had been praising him for awhile now. I was shocked to see that it said Messi is demanding a 5 year contract for 110k a week. He is unhappy at Barcelona and is only listed as squad rotation. How the hell can it be that Messi would actually consider joining my team despite us not winning the league ever and not having the best reputation in the world. This seems wrong I can only offer 105k per week and surely I should jump at the chance to sign Messi which I will but this seems wrong. I have not edited the game so what is going on?

Bah I couldn't even get Giovanni Dos Santos to discuss terms with me (I'm Juventus and in the champs league) and who does he sign for in RL? Spurs. Reputation is messed up in this game (amongst other things)

He's now ruing the day he rejected you after the, hmmm, shall we say less than impressive start at good ol' White Hart Lane. :D

You could say that about everyone that's signed for Spurs in the summer ;)

Which is about 1000 players given that this Ramos character is insistent on changing the whole squad. Anyway getting a bit off topic here so let's bring it back:

Well done for attracting Leo Messi to your club, you should be proud of yourself.

Well a team that finishes 4th, 3rd and 3rd in a row in the EPL should be considered a quality team really. And not only that, you also won champions league. Picture if that happened in real life, Sunderland would be a very attractive club to play for. Look at the big 4 in England today, all very prestigious clubs. If you can meddle with them 3 years in a row then you should be considered just as good.

lol some people are never happy, the thing that will annoy me is if I post my team in the good players and team guide forum I will be accused of cheating not that I care its just a little annoying.

Players don't say ahh such a club has better reputation than such a club, like saying barcelona and inter milan. he might go inter milan, doesn't mean that they have better reputation than barcelona, it's what they want!

I don't see why you can not attract players like Messi. God, Man C signed Robinho with out even winning nothing and imagine if they had won the UCL? I am not saying both clubs are equal but just everything can happen and so quickly. You won the UCL which is a massive achievement for a team like Sunderland (or really for any team).

Which is about 1000 players given that this Ramos character is insistent on changing the whole squad.

Nah, don't worry. Ramos told me its a career game for him, and judging by his HoF points, he's doing o.k.

I mean, give the guy a break. He's playing by strict LLaMa rules. Oh, and the language-learning module is broken, so he can't even talk to his squad!

Eduardo the defender?

10 mil?

Seriously, he's probably the most versatile player I've ever had. I wouldn't let him go for 30mil.

It was eduardo the Arsenal striker he couldnt hack it as a lone striker. I got Torres so I dont need him, I would like to sign another big player but not sure who or if I can get the money Sergio Aguero has a £40 million release at Real Madrid but I am not convinced he would fit into my team. Messi has started brilliant and will already be a hit with the fans after scoring twice against Newcastle.

How the hell can it be that Messi would actually consider joining my team despite us not winning the league ever and not having the best reputation in the world.

Exactly! Just like Robinho would never consider joining a club like Man City for example...oh, wait...

Im my current game Sunderland (not managed by me) are a top 4 club and have been since the start of the game, i put this largely down to the fact that Kenwyne Jones is broken (even though he can't shoot he RAVAGES defences). However I think there reps quite far off the point where they can buy world beaters so they just buy classy flair players. Winning the champola league wouldn't neccesarily guarantee (in real life) that Sunderland could buy these players, having the ability to offer 150-200k a week wages would. FM isn't real life though so any team with a big stadium can eventually buy stars.

Archived