Unusual events in Footie Manager

One of the things I love about football manager is the fact that the game is so vast that it can take a vast amount game time until you come accross a particular message or occurance.

in thhe older games players used to get sent off occasionally for pushing over refs and would receive global bans. I think people used to get bbanned as well for other occurances. i think there should be more stuff like this implemented intoo the game.

obviously they should not be frequent but it would be good if there was a great variety of things like this that add to a players personality.

does anyone have any such occurances that they would liek to see in the game? or do you guys not like things like this?

I think that most would like that... I read about people talking about exactly those worldwide bans and match postponements and such, and I remeber those days as pretty fun too. I can manage without it, but it's definately a welcome feature. All the small things that adds to realism and reflect what can happen in the real football world are always nice. I feel it would help preventing the game becoming too trivial.

I think that most would like that... I read about people talking about exactly those worldwide bans and match postponements and such, and I remeber those days as pretty fun too. I can manage without it, but it's definately a welcome feature. All the small things that adds to realism and reflect what can happen in the real football world are always nice. I feel it would help preventing the game becoming too trivial.

yeh exacttly. When you get somethign occur that is a bit different, it reminds you of how vast and great game is.

i like stuff regarding landmarks. For example having spurs 125 yr birthday mentioned was a nice touch for me. Stuff like that makes it more special.

I think maybe throwing in a player going AWOL and explaining why would be great , but only if it corresponded with their character.

I liked the ref pusshing and head butting, as long as it didnt happen every week!!!

id like teams to maybe go bust and be replaced by a non-league side of the FA's choce. (seems to happpen every few years upo here in Scotland IRL)

I remember in an older version, you made a change (either in a config file or via command line) that would make bizarre things happen a lot more often....it was a good way to spice up network games at uni.

My flatmate had 2 players that kept going out and punching players. I had a guy with recurring arthritis.

Not really a strange event, but defintiely the coolest news item I've seen:

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/7758/coolze9.jpg

What I don't get about that is why Merseyside got so excited when the Beatles were born. I mean, I wasn't around at the time, but I presume they didn't all pop out performing Hey Jude.

What I don't get about that is why Merseyside got so excited when the Beatles were born. I mean, I wasn't around at the time, but I presume they didn't all pop out performing Hey Jude.

Urm...like you said, you weren't born so you don't know do you...

:p

thats exactly the kind of comment that makes the game so brilliant. The fact it throws in crazy comments that can add a freshness to the game is testament to the effort put in by SI.

I just have my fingers crossed theres a lot more of that in FM09 - im sure there will be!

I like managing a Lower League club and declaring interest in a World-Class player like Messi or Gerrard.

It gives a wee boost to morale and some players have a PR:

"Glad to see his manager has a sense of humour in declaring interest in Messi/Gerrard etc.."

Always makes me smile. :D

some kinda random events already in one of my saves... tevez and ronaldo tearing the premiership apart.. for ARSENAL.... micah richards sold to manure... seems to happen more if i have all england leagues running but am managing in the lower leagues. oh yeah, and st albans gaining successive promotions, from BSS up into league 1 now! lol

I like managing a Lower League club and declaring interest in a World-Class player like Messi or Gerrard.

It gives a wee boost to morale and some players have a PR:

"Glad to see his manager has a sense of humour in declaring interest in Messi/Gerrard etc.."

Always makes me smile. :D

That happened to me at QPR but Flav has already declared he wants to sign Totti and we came very close to signing Del Piero too last season!

Saw this in a commentary for the first time, I thought I'd seen all variations of goal celebration.

Went 2 goals down and it said something like....

"He cups his hand over his ear and winds the fans up even more!"

Heh i've seen that too - there's also one that says 'he puts his fingers to his lips and silences the opposition fans!' :D

Remember spending a fortune years ago on Ronaldo (the fat Brazilian one) and in his 1st game in pre-season, he got sent off in the 1st 10 mins for punching the referee. Years global ban, and I had just splashed my entire feckin budget on him!

I didn't even know that kind of thing was ever possible!

Sunderland signing scot carson for 16.25 million and not even playing him as they still had craig gordon!!!:confused::confused:

In a similar vein, Man Utd re-signing Ben Foster from me for £14.25m, followed 2 days later by Craig Gordon for £24m, who becomes first choice. Foster has since made one cup appearance for them.

Remember spending a fortune years ago on Ronaldo (the fat Brazilian one) and in his 1st game in pre-season, he got sent off in the 1st 10 mins for punching the referee. Years global ban, and I had just splashed my entire feckin budget on him!

Which is why I wouldn't want this in the game. What are the chances of fat Ronaldo punching a referee and getting himself banned for a year in real life? In fact, when was the last time you saw any player from a top league punch a referee?

If I bought a player for a lot of money in the game, who in real life had not got themselves a years global ban, and they did something to get themselves a massive ban I'd be quite disappointed I think. Players punching the referee in the face is not realistic (outside of South America anyway :))

Which is why I wouldn't want this in the game. What are the chances of fat Ronaldo punching a referee and getting himself banned for a year in real life? In fact, when was the last time you saw any player from a top league punch a referee?

If I bought a player for a lot of money in the game, who in real life had not got themselves a years global ban, and they did something to get themselves a massive ban I'd be quite disappointed I think. Players punching the referee in the face is not realistic (outside of South America anyway :))

That bracketed part was very important!

Another one insulting The Beatles??? Young whippersnappers these days...they don't understand who brilliant and revolutionary The Beatles were.

Possibly because they weren't around at the time and haven't studied into it? It doesn't matter how revolutionary they were, there's only so much unadulterated cheese I can handle!

Archived