Promotion to Premiership

I just got promoted to Premiership with Coventry (year 2014). I took over coventry 2 season ago (in league 1) and due to their massive budget and reputation relative to peers, i was able to put together a team that dominated league 1, and then with 1 key change (GK), won promotion to premiership via playoffs.

Now have just won the promotion, when i ask for assisstant report on my players all of the come out has max 3 stars. I have two 20 goal scorers that were coming out as 5/6 stars and now they show up as 2/3 and my ass man is telling me to offload them.

Is this because now i am getting report relative to premiership skill level?

My players have lost a star or two every time i get promoted but this time my whole team has just gotten obsolete!!!

How am i suppose to avoid relegation next season??!! :p

Akaz

but i just spent $9M/$7M on a Gk and Striker now they are barely good enough to be back ups. I guess having spending 5-6 season in league 1/2, i am just have trouble adjusting to player values and salaries (had only one player at $1M salary rest very all much lower)

I wouldn't take your AM's word as gospel, if you think these players are good enough - then use them but prepare to live or die by your actions.

What I tend to do is find the weakest positions in the squad and spend my budget on getting those areas upto scratch, if I have money left over then work on the next weakest positions.

Trust your judgment more, too !

If your strikers were good enough to score tens of goals in the championship, they'll probably be able to put some past premiership goalies as well ! Some players may also be underrated because of their stats, but a consistent and determinated player might still manage to win some duels and get the ball back from any superstar in the Premier league...

Besides, if you change your whole team, you're going to crash down ! Remember that it takes time for a team to learn how to play together... buying 5-6 players means throwing away all that work.

Yea you have to make your own call, your ass man may be right sometimes but not always. Tevez was on a really bad dry spell, and I was drawing too many games so I played Fabian Brandy one time coz I think Tevez was injured or something, but anyway Fabian was smashing them in at least 1 goal a game, and he really surprised me when he scored 4 past arsenal and playing a 10! Yet my ass man only rated him 3 stats I believe. After that season alot of clubs were interested in Fabian :D

in my fm2006 game in the 3rd season my awesome barnet team who at the start of the game are dead certs to be relegated from the 3rd division are now top of the 2nd division after 18 matches i have won 16 games. My assistant manager tells me i must improve my team in every department or i am going to get relegated. Trust your players stats pick a decent formation and go with it, dont be shy about ditching someone if he isnt good enough neither.

You only have to look at what happens to teams and players who dominate the championship but fail in the premiership IRL. However I would be interested if you kept those players and got relegated if the ratings acording to your Assistant went back to 5/6 stars??

Well i am managing to stay mid table with my team of 3/4 star players. have 'only' spent about $10M of the transfer budget of $26. I find that the problem is not so much that i dont have the money to buy players but rather that they dont want to come play for me even though Cov is now in premier league :(

Funnily enough my 4star striker is being touted as footballer of the year, which is weird since he is not even in the top 10 in scoring and even within team he is considered second best.

Also when will my clubs reputation move to continental from national?

Funnily enough my 4star striker is being touted as footballer of the year, which is weird since he is not even in the top 10 in scoring and even within team he is considered second best.

Also when will my clubs reputation move to continental from national?

It'll change when you finish higher up in the Premier League. Basically at the moment you are like Wigan, if you went to the continent then not many people would know who Wigan were but if you asked them who Liverpool were then most of them would know.

You only have to look at what happens to teams and players who dominate the championship but fail in the premiership IRL. However I would be interested if you kept those players and got relegated if the ratings acording to your Assistant went back to 5/6 stars??

I mind on FM06 or 07 i took over Oxford United in league one after leaving Scotland having won Euro 2008, resigned and 6 months later mid-table Oxford job became avalible. I wasnt interested in glory at the time ive always had games at Rangers so was used to it and wanted to build a side. The offered me the job no suprises when a manager with recent suprise International glory wanted to go for such a lowly club.

Managed to convice Newcastle to sell Derek Riordan for next to nothing and he was top goal scorer and got me to the play-offs. I won and got promoted, rebuild a squad with a habit of changing tactics at half time cant mind what i did but was very succsessful and won the chamionship with a squad still young and inexperianced. Went up and Riordan was rated at 5 stars which shocked me he didnt get a game for Newcastle and theyd got relegated as i got promoted. Didnt sign a player as the board didnt give me a penny and i put in an ultimatium. I took the rest of the season off after resigning by default. They got relegated and out of a curiousity thing knowing their manager was sacked went the club again with a created manager and all the players where down to 1 star for the championship. Had to laugh. I signed Riordan off them the following season when i took the Championship side of Doncaster, as well as a winger i had so i could use my half time change tactics tactic again got to the play-offs and lost in the final but what made it better was a hat-trick from Riordan settled Oxfords second relegation in 2 years.

I laughed when i got offered the job again in December of that year, why would i go back when you wouldnt let me spend a penny of the money i won you with a double promotion(all players id bought where on a free) and to make it worse when i was in prem the halfed my transfre budget. Got Doncaster promoted and went to the UEFA cup the season after. Leaving after the end of the season to go back to a smaller club. Spent 3 years looking and not one club would offer me a job in the Championship or League one so decided enough was enough and i deleted the save.

Maybe the problem is with the assitant manager? Stars are not too important, I manage arsenal and I had a striker crisis so I played an U-18, cant remember who now and he scored a hat-trick then he scored every game for the next few games, I didnt want to bring back fit again adebayor and eduardo lol.

Basically, if your players are willing to work hard and you use the correct tactics most stats and stars mean nothing! Thats just my opinion, I would rather use a striker with 10 finishing who is on form than a £30m rated striker with 20 finishing who is playing average.

When you get to the prem, the scouts and ass man seriously underate your team. I got to the CL in my 1st year and he was saying I should sell everyone and all the stars were bad. They would underate world class players too saying they wouldnt improve the squad.

It need to be fixed so that the teams ability is judged better when you get to the top flight.

Archived