Cup draws not random, why?

I saved my game after my last match, a win in the Champions league 3rd Qual round. The draw was a few days later so played on and got a CL Group of:-

Real Madrid

Man Utd

Werder Bremen

Me

Just after this my laptop crashed and I had to reload, redrawn CL Group was:-

Real Madrid

Man Utd

Werder Bremen

Me

So I reloaded and repeated the draw a few times and the group was exactly the same. Does this mean that cup draws are pre-decided?

I think when you get the news story telling you the draw is "today" then its already been made by the computer.....if you save your game a day or so before the news item appears then you will get different results - i just tried this on my game with the UEFA Cup and got:

Me vs Newcastle

then reloaded and got

Everton vs Me

then reloaded and got

Newcastle vs Me

then reloaded and got

Seville vs Me

I think when you get the news story telling you the draw is "today" then its already been made by the computer.....if you save your game a day or so before the news item appears then you will get different results - i just tried this on my game with the UEFA Cup and got:

Me vs Newcastle

then reloaded and got

Everton vs Me

then reloaded and got

Newcastle vs Me

then reloaded and got

Seville vs Me

Cheers for that, just made me wonder. Not really important/worried, just wondered.:thup:

The one thing that I always seemed to find was that towards the end of the season if I was still in any cup, I always (and I mean like 9 seasons out of 10) got drawn against the same team I was due to play in the league that week. I know that happens, its just coincedence, but it seemed to happen all to often in the game, my season would end with maybe 4 games against the same team, like CL semi two legs, plus FA cup plus league. Weird.

i think the cup draw is not random because it is very frequent that you have to play the same team a few times in a row between leagues and cups, ie - tuesday cup leg 1, saturday league fixture, wednesday league cup leg 2.

That is very true, every season I have had a set of fixtures which would be Arsenal on the tuesday, Arsenal on the saturday, Arsenal on the wednesday, or another team obviously. Something must be up with the cup draws to keep throwing out these set of fixtures every season.

• SI Staff

The draw is done a week in advance, so if you save a game a few days before, you will only get a variation of two teams. It is a random draw but its picked a week before and after the random draw is decided the draw is done with your team and the two teams the computer has picked out from the previous round.

So best to save a week before, before it processes and decides.

In my current game with Cherbourg after the 3rd+9th round of the F.A + League cup(forgotten their French names) I only get drawn AWAY, not had a home game in the rounds past these since the first season (2012-13 season now). Still getting to the semi's and actually in the league cup final now so NA NA computer you can't beat me. Marseille away...BRING IT ON.

Edit; I remember in FM 2005 with Rushden, then Oxford I became world beaters but could never win the league cup, I do believe that was rigged (as in I'd lose to league two strugglers every godamn season with a team of superstars). Never won the League cup in that version.

Me vs Newcastle

then reloaded and got

Everton vs Me

then reloaded and got

Newcastle vs Me

then reloaded and got

Seville vs Me

This got me thinking. I wanted to see if it was actually true. So in my Falkirk save I saved the game the day before the CIS Cup third round draw and reloaded it 5 times.

1st draw Falkirk V Hamilton

2nd draw Falkirk V Gretna

3rd draw St. Johnstone V Falkirk

4th draw Falkirk V Dundee United

5th draw Falkirk V Ayr

As you can see, each time I done it I got a different team which goes to show you that it is random. Hopefully that will stop people thinking the game is fixed or the AI cheats.

• SI Staff
The draw is done a week in advance, so if you save a game a few days before, you will only get a variation of two teams. It is a random draw but its picked a week before and after the random draw is decided the draw is done with your team and the two teams the computer has picked out from the previous round.

So best to save a week before, before it processes and decides.

Do you ever get that feeling that your being ignored? :D

All that said but doesn't anybody remember Chelsea Vs Arsenal about 4 years ago, when in January they played each other 4 time. 3 of which were in a row.

These things happen, and most Villa Fans will agree, when they claim they get Man Utd in the FA Cup, every year nearly always in the 1st round the compete in.

Obviously the computer does it randomly but probably only to a degree, which is why you get the same sort of teams.

This got me thinking. I wanted to see if it was actually true. So in my Falkirk save I saved the game the day before the CIS Cup third round draw and reloaded it 5 times.

1st draw Falkirk V Hamilton

2nd draw Falkirk V Gretna

3rd draw St. Johnstone V Falkirk

4th draw Falkirk V Dundee United

5th draw Falkirk V Ayr

As you can see, each time I done it I got a different team which goes to show you that it is random. Hopefully that will stop people thinking the game is fixed or the AI cheats.

well everytime you had Falkirk in the draw! That's a good start ;)

Archived