Premier league tems should have much higher reputation?

Recently on sky sports i read that Taye Taiwo is interested in joining sunderland as is zigic joining a premier league team also i think that the reputation of all premier league teams should be highered as every one wants to join one...

Recently on sky sports i read that Taye Taiwo is interested in joining sunderland as is zigic joining a premier league team also i think that the reputation of all premier league teams should be highered as every one wants to join one...

I agree you are right they need to make reps higher for newcastle as many internationals are interested in joining them.

They want to join them because we have more money than most of the other leagues. In terms of playing quality, people outside of the UK generally rate Spain, and possibly Italy (although its gone down recently), above the Premier League. The reputation is about right as it is, imo.

I'm not too sure.

If you look at the Champ's league over the last three or four seasons, the sheer volumn of internetional players in the premiership and that exiting players considered past their use by date are going to large European sides, it's clear that the prem is currently what Serie A was about ten to thirteen years ago and what La Ligua was about five or six years ago.

I don't think it's about club reputation changing though. I think it's more about league rep. If you look at some of the names linked/transfering into the prem this season it's clear it's just about just playing in the league. Man City, Newcastle and Sunderland have all been linked with big players.

Man City finished 9th and 'almost' signed ol' horsefaceio and got Jo for £19m. Atalanta finished 9th in Serie A and without being disrespectful haven't been linked with similar.

Tottenham finished 11th and have gone crazy on highly rated players, Sunderland finished 15th and are linked with the likes of Taiwo, Bolton £11m on Elmander, etc...

There is little doubt (with the exception of Horseface) that players are choosing English teams over non-English who are better in terms of domestic position. There are several factors involved: money, being seen on a larger stage (most watched league in the world), etc. I think the reputation of the Premiership goes above the lure of playing for Sunderland or Newcastle. So instead of bumping up the team's rep, I suggest just bumping up the league's a touch.

Would disagree with the opening post, Taiwo going to Sunderland over maybe others would be down to money being offered rather than reputation of Sunderland/Premiership. Possibly he might go there to get a bigger move in a couple of years as he hasnt pushed on since winning African Player of th eyear 2006. He is not as good as he is on FM (yet)

Playing as HSV in Germany I get even championship players not interested in moving due to thinking a move to a German club would not be the right move! Im in Champ League second season for crying out loud! But offer them a wacking wage and they soon change their tune :)

Yes, that's the thing. In FM reputation rules everything so even if in real life the reason players come to Premier League teams is money then the only way to simulate this is by raising the rep.

Besides, this money argument is kind of illogical anyway - if good players go to PL clubs, for whatever reason, wouldn't that mean that the reputation of said clubs was to rise as well as the playing standard of the league?

I think there should be other attractions for a player to join a club apart from just reputation.

There is I think. The attraction of the city also has an affect I believe, as in the editor under the city option there is atraction level which can be from 1-10 iirc.

I agree with chocapik.

Instead of upping the reputation, money should be made more important in the game as it is in real life. Sunderland's reputation didn't change, Taiwo's bank account did.

But wouldn't Sunderlands reputation inevitably rise with Taiwo playing for them?

I do admit however that I don't have a clue who or how good this lad actually is though :o

Changing the reputation of a club when a new player arrive shouldn't have an noticeble impact unless it's a transfer like Ronaldinho from PSG to Barcelona.

It's money that dictates where a player moves. Bigger leagues will atract the stars because reputation it's also very important. But in the end in real life small clubs continue to buy star players that we thought they would move to bigger clubs. That happens because nowadays most players are mercenaries that don't love the club, they only think about their salary. FM should reflect that.

Isn't the EPL's rep around max anyway?

Money is factored in with rep- Chelsea have a higher rep than Liverpool, despite Liverpool being arguably the best known team in the world, and Chelsea just being rich and starting to get international recognition.

Money may have a larger impact at a later stage of a player's slog, but reputation, manager's repetition for development (something I've argued needs to be included in a manager's stats for years), the facilities, size of club/stadium, fans, continental competitons, etc are all more important then money for most players when you go over a certain number. Maybe it's a case that player mentality needs tailoring so that players either lean one way or another?

Players in recent years have stayed in Ireland rather then transfer to the English Championship because they can stay in their home city and play in Europe.

Also, if money was really more important then the clubs involved, why don't more players play in the middle east and why don't they do so before their mid thirties? If QPR offered Christiano Ronaldo £400k a week would he drop down a league? If Vaduz offered Berbatov £500k a week would he sign and spend the next three years battling to get the little team from Liechtenstein to the Swiss prem league?

Of course not.

There are a lot of different things at play here, the issue is that IRL players want to come to the prem because it will help their career to be seen on the world's biggest (domestic) stage and of course because the money's not bad either.

Money isn't everything though, remember it was only months ago big Kev went public with how angry he was that even when he went right over the top of what wages other clubs were offering for his targets they were choosing to play in the south rather then the north because their wives prefered the shopping and night life!

Regardless of people thinking it was money, even Beckham moved to LA because... well, it's LA isn't it? His wife was sick of Spain and if they'd gone to Germany it wouldn't have exactly helped his profile would it?

Also, if money was really more important then the clubs involved, why don't more players play in the middle east and why don't they do so before their mid thirties? If QPR offered Christiano Ronaldo £400k a week would he drop down a league? If Vaduz offered Berbatov £500k a week would he sign and spend the next three years battling to get the little team from Liechtenstein to the Swiss prem league?

Of course not.

Money should be more important, not the be all. Those examples are pretty extreme as well, if another champion's league playing team or a team in one of the big league's would offer them a much bigger amount than they're getting now, I'm sure they'd think twice before saying no.

Reputation for the Champions League is 20 (which is also the max the game allows). Reputatation for La Liga is 19, Serie A & Premiership = 18. Even if you raise the league reputation to 20, players still wont come to low rep teams. Many real life signings would be impossible in FM. They have to introduce the money factor into the game no matter what the league/team reputation is. Anyway here's a little funny example: I offered a Free Agent and old Ruud Van Nilsteroy contract with Shakhtar for a 7mill euros a year, instead he accepts the 500,000 euro a year with Xerez in Spanish 2nd division. Why? because his PA pride wont allow him to join a low rep league(in this case). This has to be fixed though I doubt SI would even bother so what's the point.

Man City finished 9th and 'almost' signed ol' horsefaceio and got Jo for £19m. Atalanta finished 9th in Serie A and without being disrespectful haven't been linked with similar.

Tottenham finished 11th and have gone crazy on highly rated players, Sunderland finished 15th and are linked with the likes of Taiwo, Bolton £11m on Elmander, etc...

Well, where was Man City two years ago without Shinawatra? How many "high" profile players were they signing back then? If Atalanta had the support of a big spender than they could be signing high profile players as well and keeping their prospects (like Montolivo & Pazzini).

Serie A is cash strapped as it is right now. Only 3 clubs are backed by billionaires who don't mind spending.

i agree that this does need some looking into.

for a bit of fun i started a game as Man City to see if i could sign some big names with their seemingly unlimited funds. I tried to bring in Veloso from Sporting (absolute god for Liverpool whenever i sign him) but he refused everytime, even when I offered up to $170,000 a week (i signed him at Liverpool for only $80,000 a week). this needs some serious looking into it, no other clubs wanted him why wouldn't he move? also Farfan decided to go to Tottenham on less than $100,000 a week when I offered $150,000 plus bonuses, doesn't make much sense to me.

Player signing dynamics coudl be a little more polished. rather than league rep/club rep it should be more on personal situation.

example Crouch has joined Pompy not becuase they are bigger/better/richer etc etc than Liverpool but becasue he wants to play football with a manager he knows/respects adn get into the england team (and possibly win a cup or two). On the flip side Steve Sidweel joined Chelsea from Reading to get more money, improve by training/playing with better players, and possibly win a CL or EPL trophy (neither happened) he believed he could break into the team and hopefully the national team (none of this happened so he has now gone to Villa to better his chances. Note the common factor in all of this is the desire to represent your country (go figure in a money grabbing they dont care for the shirt era (suposidly))

While money does play a big part now with players wanting to cash in b4 their career ends (this could be the next day because of injury for all they know), I would romantically think that many other factors play a part on an individual - Andy Johnson to Fulham only thing making Fulham more attractive to him personally is the fact it is in London for his family

Would be nice if Individuals had more reasons for their transfers and that this could be shown in the Media activity in game. After all transfer dealings make or break the club so more time and depth on this aspect of the game I would find fully justified.

To tie in with sydfc4ever maybe Farfan liked london over manchester, looked at the squads and thought he coudl get more games for Tottenham and just maybe thought he had more chance of winning something for Spurs :)

Archived