What's the most amount of players you have signed in one transfer window?

Playing as Newport Co, first season in Blue Square Premier. Started offering contracts as soon as season finished (after blue square south play-off final). 1st of July 20 players joined, 27 were released. Then went looking for some more players for positions that didn't have any decent cover. Found that new, better players had shown up in Player Search, offered bunch of contracts. 17 more players joined before the window closed, 9 more released.

Total of 37 players signed in one transfer window :D

I often sign up a ton of youngsters, just in case one of them is a superstar. But because you have to offer them a lucrative contract before they sign a "will sign a professional..." one, you end up with tons of useless players.

So I've done a few windows in the fifties. But usually about six or so. But all my players are the same age, so once everyone is 30 I have to retool the whole squad.

I'm not really one who takes time to bring through youngsters, all 37 went into my first team squad. Naturally 1/3 will get relegated to reserves over the season, after I have seen who has what it takes.

It takes ages to go through all the players with expiring/expired contracts. I usually offer contracts to all sign at all costs/definite purchase/good signings and afterwards sort out and cancel the poorer ones, or if there isn't enough I go for the 'decent' ones.

If I already have a good team and some transfer funds then I don't bother with it, just make some quick signings/buys and go on with the game.

I often find that transfers can actually ruin my enjoyment of a game unless I get them spot on. I don't like seeing players I really want to play ending up on the bench all the time. This means I rarely buy more than about three or four players in a transfer window. And if I do that, you can guarantee I'll be quieter in the next window.

The top number for me is 9 players for Manchester United on FM07

I have recently started to by a small amount of players each transfer window, firstly because i have started to offer more trials than just signing them straight away, more scouting and i don't want to effect the harmony of the team. Am i being stupid? or logical?

I have recently started to by a small amount of players each transfer window, firstly because i have started to offer more trials than just signing them straight away, more scouting and i don't want to effect the harmony of the team. Am i being stupid? or logical?

Same here, I noticed in FM2008 team chemistry is more important, my team plays worse with every new addition to the first team I get.

Same here, I noticed in FM2008 team chemistry is more important, my team plays worse with every new addition to the first team I get.

you can check out how well your team is gelling together here:

feedlj1.jpg

I usually sign around 60-70 players at the start of the game - I start with no players

Then usually around 5 youngsters (14-17 years old) at the start of every season (kids released by English teams and regens) and 5 in the new year (kids released by Irish teams)

Signed 19 in my first season at QPR. 8 went into the first team.

Off the top of my head I remember I signed;

Lubos Kamenar, Austin Ejide, Paul Hanlon, Paul Quinn, Paul Caddis, Daryl Murphy, Simon Ferry, Nicola Madonna, Abdesslam Benjelloun, Roman Kienast and Rory Loy.

The only originals who remained in the side were Fitz Hall, Adam Bolder and Rowan Vine.

18 i just sold 4 player.. v good players too. and bought 18 kack ones. god knows why. well i say kack, they are just younger and havnt finished developing yet. it may cost me promotion to the prem in a season with which my board wanted me to win the league, so failing via the play offs may cost my job.

Archived