the best

The best league is?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. The best league is?

• Premiership
    • Spanish Primera

La Liga.

No room for discussion.

The two best teams in the world, the two best players in the world ...

3 teams in the semi-finals of the Europa League, 2 teams in the semi finals of the Champions.

All these are facts and not merely opinions.

Only in FM the Premier league is better, but reality proves otherwise.

Reality proves nothing. We'll go on the past few years where English clubs have had the majority of the clubs in the European competitions. La Liga is quite a dull league as you know what will happen and the two teams that have a chance of winning it. In the Prem, anyone can beat anyone, and there are possibly 6 teams now, at the start of each season who have a chance of winning it.

Right now until the Bundesliga have better teams than the EPL. Dortmund and Bayern are a level above any English team.

EPL is the most competitive, but the competitiveness is flattened underneath.

Lmfao, someone has a problem with the EPL.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I pretty much hate watching Spanish football, it's freaking boring. "Oh look! Barcelona and Real Madrid have won again!" I like watching the EPL because you never know quite what's going to happen in a game, it's much more enjoyable for a neutral.

Yea, yea. Barcelona are the best team at present, and most likely will be for a long time. Im bored of them and their boring ass style of play. I'd rather watch Neymar then Messi.

Barcelona would destroy the EPL just like they have when English teams face them in Europe. Didn't Bilbao rip apart the best team in England?

On FM I find the EPL too easy to win.

So you think that is easier to win EPL than primera?

OP - Are you talking about FM or real life?

If you mean FM then you are better off posting in GD and if you mean in real life better posting in the football forum.

I mean on both. On Fm im playing with Liverpool and at the end of first season spanish clubs wins Champions and Uefa league. They had three clubs in semi final of Champions league.

Is premiership still the best league or spanish primera is now better?

In what context?

This must be a joke!

Bilbao ran over United and we'll see the massacre of Chelsea against Barcelona. These are facts, I again refer.

That is not a fact, but an assumption.

Please learn what the word "fact" means.

I reckon if you put Wolves in the Spanish league in real life; they would finish mid-table. They are by far the worst team in the EPL.

There are about 12 that could win the EPL if they played to thier potential. In Spain it's only Barcelona and Real... That's pretty boring.

Also Athletic Bilbao are not better than Man Utd. They had 2 good games against and Man Utd didn't turn up..... I'm sure if they meet in the a competition next year it will very much a different stroy.

It depends what you mean by "best".

I'd go for La Liga over the Premier League any time in terms of technical ability and all-round ball skills. Even the lowliest teams could pass most of the Premier League off the park (though not necessarily all).

In terms of pure thrill and entertainment, La Liga can be desperately dull. England's top flight might lack the technical proficiency of Spain's, but it makes up for it by being unpredictable and exciting. Though would be unfair to say that La Liga doesn't ever deliver excitement, because it does.

BPL is even worse. Does my tits in when people type that.

At least with BPL, you're getting an abbreviation of what the league is actually called - Barclays Premier League.

There's no such thing as the English Premier League. Well, it's not the league's name, anyway.

I pretty much hate watching Spanish football, it's freaking boring. "Oh look! Barcelona and Real Madrid have won again!" I like watching the EPL because you never know quite what's going to happen in a game, it's much more enjoyable for a neutral.

Try watching matches that don't feature Barcelona and Real Madrid then?

For example, I was at the Granada CF v Athletic Club Bilbao match last night. Cracking game.

Even though I'm also a Manchester United fan, being from Manchester originally, you could pretty much say the same thing about United having dominated the Premier League for the last 20 years. How "boring" is that, by comparison?

Outside the top few teams in either league, both are just as competitive as one another.

Right now until the Bundesliga have better teams than the EPL. Dortmund and Bayern are a level above any English team.

EPL is the most competitive, but the competitiveness is flattened underneath.

So you like talking about facts then? How about this one:

1 Arsenal 6 3 2 1 7 6 1 11

2 Marseille 6 3 1 2 7 4 3 10

3 Olympiakos 6 3 0 3 8 6 2 9

4 Dortmund 6 1 1 4 6 12 -6 4

Looks like the 3rd/4th best team in England, looking its weakest in a long time, dicked all over the German champions. La Liga might be better than the Prem, but the Bundesliga? Please...

People referring to the Europa League is flawed as well, did Man Utd care more about winning that, or beating City to the title? Paul Wilson did a decent piece about this very subject in the Guardian today http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/apr/11/premier-league-european-woes

La Liga these days. Premiership, maybe, possibly, a decade ago.

The premiership is now just the most hyped league in the world. Vastly overrated and constantly hyped by sky tv and its pundits to sell "their product" overseas.

Take a look at how well La Liga teams do in the Champions League and Europa League and compare it to how well Premiership teams do, and that'll tell you were the real quality lies.

If Barca and Real throw in the Premier League, would also be a race to two ....

Unlikely since they'd have to accept a TV deal that's a little more fair than their current ones. Would we be seeing £80 million transfer fees? Doubt it...

Oh and of course, no more government subsidization

Take a look at how well La Liga teams do in the Champions League and Europa League and compare it to how well Premiership teams do, and that'll tell you were the real quality lies.

Really? Look at the last 10 years and see how many times Premiership clubs have made it to the last 8 and tell me again which league does better in Europe On a whole not just 1 team.

Just in case you dont want to google it, http://www.europeancuphistory.com/ Its all their :)

Archived