2 simple changes required in next patch...

1. Players should never be "not interested" in coming to your club. You should be able to offer them a contract at the very least to try and tempt them. Players chase the money and should be interested as long as you can give them enough money. Look at Eto etc going to Russia, etc.

2. Contract offers should allow you to set ANY wage within your wage limit. If my wage limit is 2k a week and it's currently 1k, I should be able to offer someone 1k a week and not just £100 or £25 if they are 16..

1. Players should never be "not interested" in coming to your club. You should be able to offer them a contract at the very least to try and tempt them. Players chase the money and should be interested as long as you can give them enough money. Look at Eto etc going to Russia, etc.

So if you played for Manchester United, would you be interested in moving to Macclesfield Town?

yes, i tried to get a very nice newgen. they wanted a first team contract now they are 16, they will not be first team, so why? common sence shows that a 16 year old would need to be sepcial to break into the first team.

So why should he move to your club then if he won't be in the first team?

There are too many users who think they have a right to sign any player they want.

because it is not realistic for a 16 year old player, who will not accept a contract at thier club. to then go around and demand first team contracts when it is obvious they won't get first team football unless they play 2 leagues down. which also adds on.

wage bill (first team costs more)

annoyance when they demand first team football

annoyance when i downgrade them.

and when i have apporached other young players they take the youth contracts.

i do not exepct to sign any player i want, but i do expect some common sence in terms of contracts, i could afford the contract but the hassle of the contract would be a nightmare.

they might well get into the first team within a year of so. but way too much hassle.

and the not interested thing should be within reason.

on my balckpool save i am 2nd in the league won a few tropies etc. hazard.. not interested even though his team is doing nothing, ballotelli wants first team football... not interested. yet adebayor, tevez and carrol are (only thing stopping me is wages)

and the away from needs fixing getting rediclous how many shots on target i get at big club grounds (1 at white heart lane?) when i outplay them easily at home. and also league top scorers

2. Contract offers should allow you to set ANY wage within your wage limit. If my wage limit is 2k a week and it's currently 1k, I should be able to offer someone 1k a week and not just £100 or £25 if they are 16..

1/ Absolute nonsense. A well paid premier league player should enter negotiations with a L2 side that couldn't possibly match his 20k p/w wages?

2/ Absolute nonsense. If I'm 300k p/w under, I should be able to offer that to any one player I feel like? Yeah, right, cause that's how wage structures work.

I agree to a certain degree, I mean as the game is now transfers like the Eto'o and Anelka ones will never happen. I think the OP is on about these sort of transfers and not Messi talking to Darlington, I have seen players on 15k a week in Russia unwilling to discuss a contract with my side that can potentially offer them 10 times their current wage, some players will move to a club simply for money even in a slightly lower reputation league. Some players are not willing to move to a higher reputation league for 10 times there wage players like this should at least listen to offers.

There should also be the option to ask the board to increase the amount you can offer one player, I have been 600k a week under my wage budget yet unable to offer over 150k a week to sign a world class player. During negotiating the contract there should be a button to ask the board to spend more on this one players contract.

yes i have had that, it is annoying, board says offer this maximum.. i look and think.. what.... yet can offer it to some noone.

also players retiring because they dont want to play lower league... when i ask them to not retire from my premier league team and they activated the clause that gives them another year.

not going lower league for a year.

the issues with players not being interested is affecting loans.

east stirling have a goalkeeper on loan at the start, who you can not extend the loan for due to the reputation.

yes i have had that, it is annoying, board says offer this maximum.. i look and think.. what.... yet can offer it to some noone.

also players retiring because they dont want to play lower league... when i ask them to not retire from my premier league team and they activated the clause that gives them another year.

not going lower league for a year.

the issues with players not being interested is affecting loans.

east stirling have a goalkeeper on loan at the start, who you can not extend the loan for due to the reputation.

Exactly. I am East Stirlingshire right now. There are tons of unemployed 25 year olds who are all not interested even though they have been without a club for 2 years etc. A lot of players who aren't even as good as my current ones won't even enter negotiations.

1/ Absolute nonsense. A well paid premier league player should enter negotiations with a L2 side that couldn't possibly match his 20k p/w wages?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sol_Campbell#Notts_County

I think the OP is on about these sort of transfers and not Messi talking to Darlington

Exactly.

2/ Absolute nonsense. If I'm 300k p/w under, I should be able to offer that to any one player I feel like? Yeah, right, cause that's how wage structures work.

But there is no wage structure in FM. The board just decide what they want, even though it makes no sense. The manager should have control.

You can't include Sol Campbell as an example.

Notts County were taken over in what FM would deem to be a "Tycoon" takeover. However Sol Campbell only played one match for them before leaving and when the FA investigated the takeover the club got sold for next to nothing less than six months later.

Kasper Schmeichel moved to Notts County, whilst they were in league 2, for the money.

I said played, not sat in the reserves playing in front of a couple of hundred v Oldham Reserves. Schmeichel probably did move for money but also to play first team football.

I think the OP puts some very good points forward. Read again, he isn't suggesting stupid transfers. I agree with the wage thing to a degree. Obviously you are not gonna offer your whole budget on one player but sometimes you miss out on key players by a couple of thousand pounds when you are still within your budget!? Extremely frustrating and unreal.

Kasper Schmeichel moved to Notts County, whilst they were in league 2, for the money.
and playing first team football as opposed to reserves/youth fixtures had no influence, no? had he have stayed where he was he would probably still be playing reserve football as there was some pretty strong competition ahead of him.

of course a stupid amount of money will make some players change their mind, but look at how many players turned down man city when they inherited a billionaire. just because some players are willing to sacrifice one of the best leagues in the world for a lesser one with more money, it does not mean that every player will do the same thing

Your wage structure is logical. You have a certain amount of money for transfers or wages at the start of any season, which you as the manager can decide the balance of. The wages are then made for that structure, divided up logically.

So if you sign a key player, he will be able to get the high ceiling of wage, and if you get a prospect, he will get that ceiling of wage. It makes no sense for you to sign a prospect then pay him over the odds (of your particular pay structure) to stay there. Clubs like Anzhi would, presumably, in the simulation, have a higher initial budget, but that doesn't mean they are going to sign a squad player and pay him £200k p/w just because 'logically they could afford it'.

Everything is balanced well in the game and I don't really think this needs changing, especially not being able to pay players over the odds just because there is a surplus (and remember, a surplus is a good thing, it's not a target to knock down asap).

So why should he move to your club then if he won't be in the first team?

There are too many users who think they have a right to sign any player they want.

It's not about signing any player you want. It's about having the opportunity to actually be able to offer them a deal.

I agree with the two original points. When you approach a player and an agent says 'My client isn't that interested in joining your club but make us a good offer etc. etc.' - that could be the response from otherwise 'impossible' transfers i.e. those that currently won't even start negotiating. It's not as if a player will refuse to receive an offer. Imagine a team putting an offer forward and the player and the agent putting their hands to their ears so as to not hear it: 'blah blah we can't hear you, we don't want to hear what you have to offer blah blah'.

It's not likely is it?

OK the transfer system needs a lot of work on it, as usual but your suggestions here are absurd, why the hell would a player, no matter who he was just sign up and play for any team that fancied signing him?

Sorry mate, I find this a rather stupid idea.

I had it with Prestatyn, Champions League every year, quarter finalists on a number of occasions, had a shed load of money but could not sign anybody really. I had a few but it was very frustrating. My point is, I didn't expect to sign amazing players, but, I was regularly in the Champions League, Group Stage minimum, yet i still had to rely on released youth players predominantly? My board would never let me offer an extra few thousand for players who were slightly interested and my other issue is the club reputation which never improved!

That's a pretty ridiculous assumption that ALL footballers have no intrest in anything but money, do you really think someone like Gary Neville would have signed for Arsenal for instance, or even a team like Benfica (ie. Champs League grp stage regulars) at the peak of his career, no.

Thats silly, why would a half sensible chairman allow you to pay a 16 year old kid £120,000 a week.

<-> Have to say these suggestions strike me as ridiculous.

The OP is completely right, but like in real football for every player who can be convinced 19 others won't be, but there should be a system in place, however the transfer system and intelligence in the game isn't advanced enough to have this implemented correctly. A lot of factors would come into play for a player to decide to move to a smaller club with massive money, it would need the whole 'discuss future plans' feature which they havent introduced as well. if they had like we see _______ as a fundemental part in us becoming one of europes biggest clubs, w'ell offer you captaincy blah blah...

also the city should have more of an impact, any player in twilight of career with no sign of a contract coming from club would be tempted by new york or la(or any city that has a 20 rating)

That's a pretty ridiculous assumption that ALL footballers have no intrest in anything but money, do you really think someone like Gary Neville would have signed for Arsenal for instance, or even a team like Benfica (ie. Champs League grp stage regulars) at the peak of his career, no.

Gary Neville's loyalty would prevent him from doing that. Besides, it's not like his pay would have made a huge difference had he joined Arsenal.

Thats silly, why would a half sensible chairman allow you to pay a 16 year old kid £120,000 a week.

<-> Have to say these suggestions strike me as ridiculous.

The game lets you do stupid things in-game anyway. You can offer 16-year-olds stupid contracts, and pay millions for amateur players.

I think we should always have the option to give an offer. "No" really just means "Show me the money!" In contract negotiations where the player is interested in joining (or staying), the agent and player must "show their hand" with an initial offer - the club's offer will likely be quite different but this wonderful process of negotiation will bring it to somewhere in the middle. On the other hand, if a player isn't interested in moving, the agent doesn't have to show their hand, i.e. "show me the money." It is up to the club to offer something truly outrageous. And if it is truly outrageous, then the player should consider it - just like Notts County - for those times where the extreme and unexpected are possible.

Point 1: There could be a number of reasons a player just wouldn't be interested:

- your club doesn't have Champ League football.

- player doesn't want to move countries.

- player has just committed to a new contract with existing club.

Etc. etc.

Point 2: Absolutely agree! Manager should be trusted to use the remaining WR in the way he sees fit. If club doesn't like what he does, caution him, or sack him. Having loads of leeway in remaining WR & not being allowed to use it is one of the worst aspects in this game.

Eto'o moved to Anzhi purely for the money. There's absolutely no doubt about that. Now, if on FM you were playing as Anzhi in the first season and decided to bid for Drogba, for example, the chances are he wouldn't even negotiate with you. Should at least be able to offer him a hefty pay package that he's likely to accept.

Obviously without the realms of realism, not someone like Mansfield putting an offer in for Scott Parker and signing him cause they offered him a crap load of wages. If you have a chance of Champions league football, and a crap load of money, most players will sign for you. Isn't that why a lot of players signed for Man City in the first place following their takeover?

Eto'o moved to Anzhi purely for the money. There's absolutely no doubt about that. Now, if on FM you were playing as Anzhi in the first season and decided to bid for Drogba, for example, the chances are he wouldn't even negotiate with you. Should at least be able to offer him a hefty pay package that he's likely to accept.

Obviously without the realms of realism, not someone like Mansfield putting an offer in for Scott Parker and signing him cause they offered him a crap load of wages. If you have a chance of Champions league football, and a crap load of money, most players will sign for you. Isn't that why a lot of players signed for Man City in the first place following their takeover?

This sums it up perfectly you should be able to offer players huge wages to get them interested. There are players in Spain that are on 40k a week when playing as PSG or Anzhi these players would not even negotiate a contact, there could be several reasons their loyalty to their current club and unwillingness to leave Spain. However they are on 40k a week if a club said in real life we will give you 4 times your current wage then a lot of players would at least listen to the offer.

I don't agree with the a original suggestions but that doesn't mean I'm happy with the whole transfersystem.

Players that have been without a club for a considerant amount of time should be more willing to sign for lower rep teams, if for nothing else for the chance to be noticed and gain publicity to get a better club interested. There are so many clauses and such available for contracts it should be easy to setup a contract that will not hinder future carreerchoices, releaseclauss, amatour contracts, short term deals, maybe even month to month deals. Without something that makes sure he can get out at any given time if a better offer comes in I don't think they should sign.

I also think that team reputation should perhaps be split in two, one long term and one short term. The long term should reflect the history of the club and take time to change. The short term should be here and now, a team that is on the way up in the world should have a higher rep here and now than one of the big clubs plummeting deeper and deeper. If as an example Man UTD plays a few bad seasons they will still be Man UTD one of the most known clubs in English football history but that alone should not be enough to attract all the best players, while a team that is putting in constant good performances and is qualifying and doing good in Europe should have a lot easier to attract players, maybe on shorter deals and with release clauses and such untill they have established the long term reputation, but still they should be able to attract the players. And also it shouldn't be so easy for in this case Man UTD to unsettle a player that is playing in an at the moment successful club while they are deep in decline.

English is not my first language and sometimes when I can't think up the words I want the flow in the text suffers.

Archived