Your Tallest Regen?

I had a 202cms Italian Striker with amazing speed, balance and strength at the same time. His finishing heading etc were amazing too. He was a wonderkid and became one of the greatest forwards.

PS: His heading and jumping were 20, strength 17 or sth and with a 202 height, imagine what he was capable of in the air :D

I had a 202cms Italian Striker with amazing speed, balance and strength at the same time. His finishing heading etc were amazing too. He was a wonderkid and became one of the greatest forwards.

PS: His heading and jumping were 20, strength 17 or sth and with a 202 height, imagine what he was capable of in the air :D

Buzzkill: height is simply how good at Jumping he can be and has no relevance in the match engine except the appearance of the player. Since Jumping 14 is decent and Jumping 15 is good, I think there is a line drawn around 185cm"ish" for newgens; 184cm = max 14 jumping, 185cm= max 15.... or something like that.

i had a 180 cm (or less even) striker, but he was 110 kg, he looked so obviously different watching the ME which is why i checked. Scored a few though and had reasonable ability for the BSS.

For comparison, I am 194 cm, 100kg, which is overweight.

The tallest newgen I've had at my club is a 6'3" (187cm), CB/DM/MC weighing 14st (89kg). Not bad in the air and reasonably strong.

Incidentally, I'm 6" (182cm) but I only way a paltry 10st 7lbs (69kg). I'm not as physically skinny as that sounds, and I'm surprisingly strong for someone of my wieght, so I don't read too much into height and weight. As the old saying goes; quality not quantity.

Buzzkill: height is simply how good at Jumping he can be and has no relevance in the match engine except the appearance of the player. Since Jumping 14 is decent and Jumping 15 is good, I think there is a line drawn around 185cm"ish" for newgens; 184cm = max 14 jumping, 185cm= max 15.... or something like that.

Seriously? Well that's pretty stupid of SI. If that's true, they should definitely change that but since they're trying to make the game realistic, this can't be true. At least I hope it isn't for SI's reputation's sake

I've got a 6'9" Central Defender coming through the ranks at Barcelona, he's 14 st 13 lbs in weight, 18 Jumping, 16 Heading, 14 Strength and he's 16 Years Old. My coach reckons he's got huge potential, so i've got Carles Puyol tutoring him to get his Determination up as it was at 14, now 18. I'll get Pique to tutor him afterwards hopefully. I've brought him into the 1st team to get some game time too.

I've noticed some 6'10" players, originals and regens.

My team captain on my Lyon save last year was a 6'6", 205 pound CB/DM that I signed from Racing Club in Argentina. He had 15's in pace and passing as well- used him as a ball-playing CB and occasionally as a deep-lying playmaker DM. Wasn't as effective at scoring on headers as I'd hoped when I signed him, but still a very good player overall.

I've got a 6'9" Central Defender coming through the ranks at Barcelona, he's 14 st 13 lbs in weight, 18 Jumping, 16 Heading, 14 Strength and he's 16 Years Old. My coach reckons he's got huge potential, so i've got Carles Puyol tutoring him to get his Determination up as it was at 14, now 18. I'll get Pique to tutor him afterwards hopefully. I've brought him into the 1st team to get some game time too.

I've noticed some 6'10" players, originals and regens.

I'd love to see a screenie of him :)

Seriously? Well that's pretty stupid of SI. If that's true, they should definitely change that but since they're trying to make the game realistic, this can't be true. At least I hope it isn't for SI's reputation's sake

No, it's not stupid, it actually makes a lot of sense. There is no real point in having two different stats for height and jumping when what really matters is the sum of both - so they only have a single stat (which is named "jumping" for simplicity's sake, but will actually account for the sum of height and jumping). As long as taller players are more likely to have a higher jumping stat than shorter players, it works perfectly well. A 170 cm player who can jump very well and a 185 cm player who can barely jump will likely have the same "jumping" stat because they can reach the same total height, while a 210 cm player should always have a better "jumping" stat than both no matter what, so the end result should make sense.

I have a 6' 8" stiker/midfielder come through the St Albans youth intake this year. In fact he was the only decent one there.

I've already played him in a 2nd leg FA Trophy semi final after winning the 1st leg 7-0 just a few days after offering him a youth contract.

Archived