Can't decide whether to buy FM12

As the title suggests.

I have been eagerly anticipating the game for months, but since it was released, I just can't get round to buying it. I think it was the demo that put me off a little. It just felt like too much of the same for me and I had grown bored of FM11.

But I would like to hear some genuine opinions and reviews.

Now I have FIFA 12, and with MW3 soon to be released, I don't know if it is worth making time for FM. As much a I have loved the game on the past, it feels to me to have lost some of it appeal.

Like I said, I am looking for honest opinions, and really, I suppose, looking to be talked into buying a game which in the past was a no-brainer!

I played the beta for BF3, and wasn't impressed.

Do the new features actually make a difference?

Is the new switching nation feature any good? It sounded like a great idea, but I am apprehensive about how it has been implemented.

Has media interaction improved at all? And player interaction for that matter.

Also, board interaction was a big downer for me in FM11 too. Although it was an improvement on FM10, I just felt like I wasn't involved enough, even after many years of managing the same team. Or is this something to do with the chairman and board you have? Maybe I have been playing it in the wrong way???

How does the game play on low spec machines? Another concern is that I like to play on a laptop, although I do have a good pc, but it struggled after a few seasons and started going really slow.

Thanks for the feedback peeps. :)

i'm a die-hard, so i'll always buy it. my opinion is biased. i've been playing non-stop since the release and enjoyed every minute of it. i can't say if its too easy or not because i'm currently playing with a big club. i don't go to LLM until after the january transfer patch, just a personal preference.

If you're bored of 11 then buy it, if you feel you can start a new save with 11 then don't. Like I said on another thread the game is too easy this time, no matter who you choose and for me anyway, has no fun factor so I have gone back to an old 11 save, will probably start with 12 again when the post January patch is available as hopefully they may have made it more challenging.

If you're bored of 11 then buy it, if you feel you can start a new save with 11 then don't. Like I said on another thread the game is too easy this time, no matter who you choose and for me anyway, has no fun factor so I have gone back to an old 11 save, will probably start with 12 again when the post January patch is available as hopefully they may have made it more challenging.

Unfortunately SI into another thread has confirmed that there not will be any adjustment of the AI in this FM version :(

I'm biased. Scratch that, heavy biased.

But that being said, I'd stick with FM11. I'm extremely disappointed with "our way or the highway" attitude by si/sega this year, plus the aforementioned too easy game play makes me stick with FM11 and suggest you do the same until si/sega provide a more customer centric product.

Again, I'm biased and hoping that more people don't buy it to show them that customers want a better product.

seems the poll in that other thread would disagree with you guys about it being too easy.

Maybe we're just FM masters :D

What I have found is that if you don't touch tactics, training etc the game is massively easy (and not just with big teams). Obviously people like to do their own tactics etc and maybe they are trying to be more complex than this version needs to be, hense finding it difficult?

Didn't buy FM11 and so the two year gap from FM10 has been beneficial personally. From what I read on this forum, there are not many drastic changes from 11 to 12 but just the updated databases etc are always a plus. the FM games always have more mileage in them than FIFA anyway so that decision is an easy one for me.

Didn't buy FM11 and so the two year gap from FM10 has been beneficial personally. From what I read on this forum, there are not many drastic changes from 11 to 12 but just the updated databases etc are always a plus. the FM games always have more mileage in them than FIFA anyway so that decision is an easy one for me.

Yeah thats what I do as well, you notice the positive changes a bit more if you skip a year I think. Also means you can get 1 or 2 epic saves outof each version before you have to start it all again (or heavily edit and twiddle with gfx before you even begin playing, which i'm sure is true for a lot of people!)

There is many improvements in relation to 2011.

- 3D match where are goals scored in many more ways than only from crosses

- scouting system is better

- half-time talk doing wanders

- selling players with ease

- other clubs are buying players smartly after two seasons ( in 2011 , after season or two, City, Chelsea, United did not buy expensive players which was stupid and that make 2011 easy - so 2012 is not only harder - but also more interesting after few seasons ).

- there is much more things which separates last year and 2012 version and all are positive.

My advice - buy the game.

Thanks for all the feedback.

With regards to the difficulty, (or apparent lack of), what exactly is it people are finding so easy? Is it winning games and titles with big teams, or building small clubs into euro giants etc? Personally I'm more of an aspirational manager. I liketo star with euro teams no one has heard of and do what I can to make them successful. In FM11, I had a save with Nadta Lendeva (Slovenian First League). It was such a challenge but I loved it for the first few seasons while I overhauled the team and staff, but after 5 seasons, and only 1 euro appearance (plus no reserve fixtures which was really annoying!) I soon decided it was too difficult to force success upon a team like that.

But with FM12, would I be able to just pack my bags and move to another country whenever I wish once I am fed up, or is it slightly easier to become more successful? Either of these would instantly make the game more appealing?

Also, is there's way of adding reserve fixtures/teams, as I couldn't seem to do this in FM11.

Thanks again, all responses much appreciated.

The reserve fixtures have been much improved: your assistant manager will fix up a good few on his own initiative, though I've found I've needed to add ones occasionally when I've got several players needing to regain fitness.

On "too easy" some people say they've found an exploit where you can over-perform by doing absolutely nothing but click continue over and over again. That doesn't seem a problem to me because I'd find that so boring I'm not in the slightest bit tempted to try it.

Archived