Creating our own 3d stadia - When is it going to happen?

?

Hi all,

Given that we have the ability to edit pretty much everything else in FM, I am wondering if the ability to create and map our own 3d stadia is going to be available any time soon in FM?

Currently the provided stadia are all extreamly Anglo-Centric so whether you are playing in Italy's Serie A or in Cameroon the match experience still feels as if you are at aways day in Bury.

There has been talk of this ever since stadiums came into play and I know some work was done post release in FM 10 and 11 by certain folks to try and unlock the proprietry graphics files that came with the game.

Anyway, this has been around in other games for many years (PES noteibly). Have a lookm at what their user community created - I think you would agree that it would be a very good addition to the game:

http://www.pes-serbia.com/threads/1636-Stadioni/page80

Monaco:

monaconv6.jpg

Lecce:

leccees3.jpg

Sporting Gijon:

gijonvq2.jpg

I don't know about anyone else, but I rarely look around the stadium when I'm playing a game. It's usually just eyes on the match.

I wouldn't mind if 3D models could be made externally by 3rd party and implemented somehow, but personally I wouldn't be interested in creating a Stadium to use within the game.

Jesus, I mean just like folks create kits, badges etc.. not some feature in game

All thats required is for SI to create the stuff in a format readable to many of the 3d graphic rendering programs - currently we can open stadia but not edit anything as their graphics folks have locked down the format

The possibility for users to create stadia would be quite nice, just as it is for kits, badges, etc...

The only problem I could foresee, would be when it comes to stadium expansions or stadium moves during the game. How might that affect what happens to a user created stadium?

Nice thought all the same, but not sure it's something that will be feasible for some time.

Some of those stadiums for PES look great though. I recall seeing one that a Granada fan had done of Nuevo Los Cármenes and the detail was superb.

I wouldnt expect an exact replica of every stadium but there should be more variety, for example Loftus Road should be double tier on 3 sides and single tier on the other side.

I think its a single tier all round in the game because its under the threshold to go to a double tier.

Expansions would also be shown easier.

Jesus, I mean just like folks create kits, badges etc.. not some feature in game

All thats required is for SI to create the stuff in a format readable to many of the 3d graphic rendering programs - currently we can open stadia but not edit anything as their graphics folks have locked down the format

Please SI, consider this...

The only, safe, way i see this happen, its perhaps a new model in the FM editor.

Something like, we have various type of stands that we can add on untill it make a stadium. And then all the other stuff (roof, etc etc) to add.

Although its not a very important thing, imo, it would be cool if we could replicate the stadium ambience from different parts of the world. English stadiums are very different from stadiums in rest of europe (Arsenal stadium beeing one exception). But on the other hand, we see so little of the stadiums (for example, the big ones we only see stands), that perhaps its not worth it.

But on the other hand, we see so little of the stadiums (for example, the big ones we only see stands), that perhaps its not worth it.

The new camera angles in FM12 should sort that out. The more I think about a stadium builder the more I like it...

i think that when we move to a new stadium, expand our stadium, or buy it, we should be able to make modifications to it, not just whenever we feel. However, if you don't, you can just waiver the option and allow the engineers to actually do it.

of course, FM13 could just make it possible to change existing stadiums whenever you want, but not generating ones.

I want that stadium of the Portugese team that knocked Liverpool out of the europa league last season? (braga was it?)

In a quarry with rock face cliffs looking down on 2 sides?! :D that's the nuts. "abandon all hope ye who enter"

and some bible quote about walking in the valley of death fearing noone (or something like that :) )

Point of all this of course is to add realism, but also to give you a feel for the nation you are playing in. If I'm playing in Serie A I dont want it to look like I'm playing at the Reebok, and even more so for smaller foreign grounds. Anything that adds immersiveness is a bonus in a game like FM IMO

I'm very surprised nobody has shown up in this thread and in the spirit of this thread, raged "It's not Football Stadium Designer!"

Personally, I think it's a great idea. The ability to design your own stadium to a certain capacity would be awesome (it's largely cosmetic, after all). It's something the Editors' Forum would kill for.

i like the idea too. would be good if in game your team is moving to e new stadium and you are allowed some input into the stadium plans. possible a simple implementation initially of having 10-15 stadium styles to pick from with each one having further expansion options or maybe no expansion options depending on the price of building the stadium

E.g. Stadium 1 will cost 200 million to build with a 55k capacity but option to add further 15k seats in 5k portions per season at further cost of 25m

or stadium 2 will cost 350m with a capacity of 65k

you could then have naming rights options which could bring in extra revenue.

different stadium capacity option depending on the level of the league you are in.

some people like to run the club from top to bottom in the game and this would be a great feature to have

Guys it would have to work just like kits etc... Its a skin so no input in game. If you r club gets a new stadium FM would revert to an ingame stadium because the assosiated id would change.

Archived