will SI be able to implement the new UEFA financial rules?

i really wish they'd have a stab at it. i wont be comfortable playing FM12 knowing i can let wages spiral out of control, i'd welcome the challenge of having to trim the wage budget.

even if they just took a guess as to how i would work i believe that's better than ignoring the issue altogether.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/may/27/uefa-michel-platini-club-financial-regulations

This is an article which covers the turnover part of the Financial Fair Play rules, The full Financial Fair Play Rules cover training facilities, youth development facilities, wages etc.. But here it a paragraph from the article which basically stats what is going to happen with turnover.

It is understood that clubs must not return losses of more then €45m (£38m) for the 2012-15 period. After 2015 clubs are given a leeway of €30m (£26m) for three-year losses after which the figure will be reduced still further.

Clubs that breach the rules will not be granted a Uefa club licence to take part in European competitions.

So, over the next Three season any club that qualifies for a european competition will be allowed to lose £38M if they lose £39 they will be banned. I'm trying to find the wage percentage

The FFP is not going to happen...

UEFA know all too well how football works, and they're not going to ruin the toy they're making and selling... There'll be plenty of loopholes and expections, so no club bringing significant media coverage and TV revenues is going to get banned for a couple of millions of overdraft

There is no wage percentage rule has such just got to keep within the loss limits but I did find this on The 13 Man forum:

Clubs could be banned from European competition from the 2014/15 season onwards if they do not comply with new financial rules.

The rules state clubs must break even over a three-year period.

Club owners will be allowed to put in up to €15million a year but only as equity, not a loan. This figure will then drop to €10million annually.

Clubs will be able to spend as much as they want on stadiums, training facilities and youth football.

UEFA will have a range of sanctions from warnings to a transfer ban to exclusion from European tournaments

So there will effectively be no more sugar daddy chairman

The biggest problem is when clubs like man city start selling sponsorship rights to their owners for hundreds of millions, there is nothing UEFA can do to stop them, there is no way City can make this without some back door, Chelsea the same, and as for Real and Barca............

Bottom line is this is a good idea but it wont really change things as we know it, not for the big clubs at least.

So there will effectively be no more sugar daddy chairman

Yes, I think the simplest way to comply would be to simply eliminate sugar daddy chairman or boards 'gifting' money to the clubs. SI wisely do not replicate many things that are not allowed in the real life business of football, but still happen. Ever see a match-fixing scandal in FM? No.

Forget whether SI will be able to implement the new UEFA financial rules, who knows if UEFA can implement their own financial rules...

Not everything in real life football on and off the pitch are in the game so it's SI's call. Since no one really knows how these rules are going to be enforced SI shouldn't implement them for the time being.

The only way this should be implemented in FM is if it is optional, I know it is not optional in real life but I think it would ruin the fun of FM. No one knows how this will work in real life and what loop hles clubs will be able to find. For me and this is just my opinion, I want to manage a football team not concentrate on finances. In real life the finances are controlled by other people not the manager. In FM we do not have financial advisers and office staff to work out how much we can spend to stay within the financial fair play rules.

The only way this should be implemented in FM is if it is optional, I know it is not optional in real life but I think it would ruin the fun of FM. No one knows how this will work in real life and what loop hles clubs will be able to find. For me and this is just my opinion, I want to manage a football team not concentrate on finances. In real life the finances are controlled by other people not the manager. In FM we do not have financial advisers and office staff to work out how much we can spend to stay within the financial fair play rules.

That's very true with your last point. I think that nothing much will change. We're playing the game as football managers, not financial advisers. The board is going to give us budgets like previous FMs and we have to stick to it.

The wages are my least concern in football manager.

Somehow I seem to lose about €3m a month in wages and other things. And 12 months later when the rich clubs list is issued I've moved up the rank despite the board gnawing at me to reduce the wage bill. Go figure.

In terms of the game - it wouldn't be fair to players to implement rules on matters they have no real control over, we have no say in what sponsorship to take or on things like tv rights and ticket prices. So I wouldn't be too pleased, personally, if SI implemented this into future games without overhauling the financial aspects of the game first.

Archived