Unrealistic Chelsea

Hi all, playing a long term save atm and Chelsea are very unrealistic, is really frustrating to have such a powerful and rich club not mirror real life, here are the key points

- IRL managers get no time if the fail to win something for Roman, but in fm 2011 i have seen many chelsea manager who will gradually ruin the team and keep his job

- they dont spend enough, sure Roman has cut back more than his initial outlay but still they have spent lots in last 2 season IRL, (torres, luiz, mata etc)

- the board are not aggressive enough to stop 'the rot'. basically if chelsea fail to make top 4 or finish mid table etc the board seems contented when i feel they in real life would try to do something about it

- Roman never leaves, in my current save chelsea didnt make top 4 for like 10 years and Roman is still happy and still not doing anything to try sell club or invest.

please feel free to add any feedback, i appreciate teams can lose stature over time but this is not really my issue, i dont mind that they became crap if Roman sells or trys to make changes but atm is like they have mega rich oil barren who is just happy with mediocrity

PS - just worth noting Chelsea is AI controlled for my whole save, this is just my observations being manager in same league as them

Every career is different, no doubt.

AI Chelsea in my game have gone through plenty of managers (6 managers in 18 years), having never won the Premiership, spending about £30m per year in the good days.

Eventually dropping down to Championship level within 10 years of Roman Abramovich leaving the club.

2013 Sacked Avram Grant

2015 Sacked David Moyes

2017 Sacked Frank Lampard

2022 Sacked Mick McCarthy

2026 Sacked Tomas Rosicky

2027 Sacked Ertugrul Saglam

2028 Roman Abramovich leaves

2038 Relegation to the Championship

Abramovich has left as well so they dont have the spending power they used too.

I think this will happen in most peoples games, turning Chelsea into a selling club. To be fair to them, in my game - they have a great deal of British players in the squad!

yeah their biggest problem seemed to be players on huge contracts when he was in charge which they obviously struggled to meet when he left which ment a few years of signing rubbish until they balanced the books a bit, they were in the champs league every year except the past 3/4 i think.

I have a game going where Chelsea slipped off the pace a little, but they bounced back in 2023 winning the league and FA Cup double.

In another game they've gone through 4 managers in 4 years.

Every game is different, and if Chelsea (and other clubs for that matter) always did what you expect, then the game would be far too predictable and boring.

Every career is different, no doubt.

AI Chelsea in my game have gone through plenty of managers (6 managers in 18 years), having never won the Premiership, spending about £30m per year in the good days.

Eventually dropping down to Championship level within 10 years of Roman Abramovich leaving the club.

2013 Sacked Avram Grant

2015 Sacked David Moyes

2017 Sacked Frank Lampard

2022 Sacked Mick McCarthy

2026 Sacked Tomas Rosicky

2027 Sacked Ertugrul Saglam

2028 Roman Abramovich leaves

2038 Relegation to the Championship

Hiring McCarthy? Shouldn't the apocalypse have happened the next day?

Hiring McCarthy? Shouldn't the apocalypse have happened the next day?

Never mind merely hiring him, he was in charge for 5 years!!! How often does that happen at the Bridge (sorry, Chelsea Stadium)? Unheard of since Dave Sexton spent seven years there in the 60s/70s.

Chelsea is often very bad too in my saves. In my current save (2014), they have only national reputation. And Blackburn is a powerful team. I don't like when games are the same but I hate when it's too irrealistic.

WHy is Chelsea being bad in time is unrealistic?

Ever heard of clubs such as Bologna? Torino? Notthingam Forrest in UK perhaps?

Once they used to be so good but in time problems occured and they became mediocre.

There is no rule or guarantee that Chelsea will always be a great team.

Were they so good before Abrahamovic got in charge? Not really.

WHy is Chelsea being bad in time is unrealistic?

Ever heard of clubs such as Bologna? Torino? Notthingam Forrest in UK perhaps?

Once they used to be so good but in time problems occured and they became mediocre.

There is no rule or guarantee that Chelsea will always be a great team.

Were they so good before Abrahamovic got in charge? Not really.

You are slightly missing the point.

The main point is that Chelsea has failed to fire underachieving managers. IRL Carlo Ancelloti won the double and then was fired for finishing 2nd in the League.

When Chelsea start to do poorly, they spend a lot of money. This isn't being shown ingame.

Archived