I sign Fabgreas for At Madrid...

Eh how about the message about merchandise

Fans laud my ambition

etc.

This used to happen.

You guys really that happy with something like this?

When Ronaldo signed for Real there was news coverage 24/7

Eh how about the message about merchandise

Fans laud my ambition

etc.

This used to happen.

You guys really that happy with something like this?

When Ronaldo signed for Real there was news coverage 24/7

perhaps, all the news coverage about that started to annoy me, there was a lot more going on at the time. But having said that i think maybe there could be more anticipation around a big name players debut and ongoing speculation about how much of an impact they can make.

Hang on a second, spending 101 Million on one player isn't an achievement its moronic!! On Messi or Ronaldo it might be an achievement but Fabregas??? He's a good player but not 101 million's worth your chairman should sack you for wasting money instead!

Hang on a second, spending 101 Million on one player isn't an achievement its moronic!! On Messi or Ronaldo it might be an achievement but Fabregas??? He's a good player but not 101 million's worth your chairman should sack you for wasting money instead!

I agree. The purpose of this save game is to win the league in 5 leagues. So I'm buying whoever I can for whatever the cost.

Signing Fabregas was just a bit of fun.

Nothing came up other than it was a transfer record for At Madrid. No fans cheered. No fans declared it a waste of money. The chairman didn't say anything, nor the board. It was like throwing 101m away and nobody said a thing.

I was actually thinking the Board might stop this transfer. But it didn't happen.

Get no reaction whatsoever. Just think it's a bit bad.

I remember back in the days of CM 97, or whatever, wheh the onus was on the player to play the game and use his imagination to fill the gaps. The press conferences are crap, but if you are so inclined, use your imagination to fill in the gaps. Same goes with media etc. I did this when i was a kid playing the game, and find i still do.

That said, i think the media aspect of the game could be expanded and improved upon. It's a bit cold at the moment.

I remember when we didn't have a TV and we sat around the fire and my Dad read us stories and we used our imaginations to build up pictures of the words. They were good times.

At Madrid signing Fabregas - what is the world coming to? That would be the biggest news story in the history of At Madrid. Fans should have been carrying me out of the press conference on their shoulders and through the streets of Madrid after I announced his signing.

When Ronaldo and Kaka signed for Real the stadium was filled with fans wanting to greet their new heroes.

I really love the game - but it's missing the little touches that would make it that bit better. In the end, it's the little things that matter.

I remember when we didn't have a TV and we sat around the fire and my Dad read us stories and we used our imaginations to build up pictures of the words. They were good times.

At Madrid signing Fabregas - what is the world coming to? That would be the biggest news story in the history of At Madrid. Fans should have been carrying me out of the press conference on their shoulders and through the streets of Madrid after I announced his signing.

When Ronaldo and Kaka signed for Real the stadium was filled with fans wanting to greet their new heroes.

I really love the game - but it's missing the little touches that would make it that bit better. In the end, it's the little things that matter.

COMLETELY agree. I have won the Premier League with Leicester City 4 seasons in a row and I always get the same message.. It would be nice if SI congratulated us a bit more on these huge achievements. But to be honest, 101million for Fabregas is ridiculous! Lol

I would like to see a bit more press interaction here, some questions about whether it was right to spend so much on one player, questions about pressure on him for a few games at least, may be a bit more enthusiasm from the fans about the team for a while, a massive rise in shirt sales etc. Some of these things used to happen, some do to a little extent, but I do think the media world needs to be a lot more immersive.

The "fans welcome signing" message is still in there, but when you sign a player for 101 million I'd bet there'd be just as many fans thinking "what the hell, why did they waste all that on one player when we could have had many?" I'd say it right that you didnt get much more than that - as opinions would be very divided.

The "fans welcome signing" message is still in there, but when you sign a player for 101 million I'd bet there'd be just as many fans thinking "what the hell, why did they waste all that on one player when we could have had many?" I'd say it right that you didnt get much more than that - as opinions would be very divided.

so where's the news item?

Fans querulous over manager's philanthropy

:p

This was actually something I thought was going to be fixed in 11.3

I'm quite sure improved media is probably in the next patch, 11.4, for only ~USD$40 in late October/early November this year ;)

This 'bug' (or whatever you imply it is) was never going to be 'fixed' in FM11, especially when they didn't fix the more important Spanish minimum release clauses bug...

The worst example of this for me is when you lose after a ridiculously large undefeated streak.

Remember Arsenal's unbeatables? Remember the media furor around it?

What do you get in FM? Nothing. The "Brave team finally lose" message doesn't even turn up - that stops after about 8 games.

This was actually something I thought was going to be fixed in 11.3

Not really possible in a patch - would need far too many man hours to go in. This is the sort of thing you'd get in new versions (or if they'd already been working on it and it just wasn't ready for release, they'll sometimes slip it into one of the patches).

Maybe no-one knew who the hell this Fabgreas guy was who you'd just blown €100m on.

it's a new type of hair-gel, it's not a player at all! He's bought €101m worth of hair-gel for the players...

he reckons they'll be a slick team now

lol, ok. Well if you insist on moaning about a lack of virtual press coverage over your signings then who am i to make any suggestions?! :thup:

lol, ok. Well if you insist on moaning about a lack of virtual press coverage over your signings then who am i to make any suggestions?! :thup:

Your a Spurs supporter ;)

It would be nice to have a little bit more than a news item when we win the PL, but in the end, I think I would get fed up with the media circus.

Your a Spurs supporter ;)

It would be nice to have a little bit more than a news item when we win the PL, but in the end, I think I would get fed up with the media circus.

Yes, i am :D

I agree it would be great to have a more expansive celebration, but let's be honest that's never been what the games about. We should have fireworks and confetti coming out of the screen too!

Yes, i am :D

I agree it would be great to have a more expansive celebration, but let's be honest that's never been what the games about. We should have fireworks and confetti coming out of the screen too!

I’d love a cake with a little “surprise” in it :D

But a little bit more interaction would be nice.

Archived