Anyone managed to get a non-top division club into a continental competition?

imo its not possible without cheating, even if its the old save re load trick...im sure youll tell me different but ive played alot of fm games and cm, and played alot of multiplayer games including large online leagues and never seen anyone go close

Yeah, with Middlesbrough won the 2014/15 Premier League and am now into the quarter finals of the CL in 2016.

imo its not possible without cheating, even if its the old save re load trick...im sure youll tell me different but ive played alot of fm games and cm, and played alot of multiplayer games including large online leagues and never seen anyone go close

Complete nonsense, I'm afraid!

There is also the pathway of EPL team, relagated, and winning the Cup or Runner up to a top team who already qualified.

I'm pretty sure that happened IRL 2-3 years ago, forget who.

I think you mean Cardiff City after they lost to Pompey or West Ham in the cup final. I think they didn't qualify because of rules that Welsh teams can only qualify through Welsh competitions.

I can't remember if i've done it or not, but i'm pretty sure it was waaaaaay back...maybe when i had Championship Manager 93'. I did get close though on FM11 with Nottingham Forest while in the Championship, but lost in the semi-final or so i guess.

I have not done this, one of my goals is to eventually have my reserve team win the Austrian Cup and compete in Europe. I need to first pay off my debts, then load the reserve team with good youths.

I think in order to do this and be successful, it has to be in a league where a few teams are dominant. I think it would be nearly IMPOSSIBLE in England/Spain/Germany/Italy where a ton of good teams exist, rather than top heavy leagues like France/Portgual/Scotland exist.

What leagues allow reserve teams to play in the National Cup? If that is the OPs goal, those are the leagues to try it in.

I have done this several times.

Back in CM4 I did it with Northampton Town, (took a few season since they where in blue square North/south, dont remember)

In FM09 I did it with Swansea.

FM10 I did it with Leeds

FM11 I've done it with QPR

When 3rd patch comes out I'm gonna do it with a Blue square north/south team.

It is possible but takes some patience and luck. All depends on your transfers and how well you run the club.

I think that taking a team from BSN / BSS to Prem and qualifying for Europe will realistically take at least 10 seasons if lucky, and about 15 - 20 on average.

Millwall lost the FA Cup to man utd when denise wise was in charge. Think they went on to play in europe the following season.

Correct - they went out to Ferencvaros at the first hurdle.

I won the League Cup with Wigan in 01/02 when they were in the Second Division and minted. Haven't done it since.

Archived