Offer to club tips?

Actually, there are times when a high asking price (even as high as two times the current player value) can make sense and will find an interested team or two.

I have to put that statement into perspective though, because you can't create the necessary circumstances for each and every player. A few circumstances are necessary: first off, the player needs to be wanted by other clubs before you decide to offer him out, the more clubs that are on this list the better your chance for a positive response. Secondly it's imperative that the player you are trying to sell has been in good form recently, but most importantly he MUST have been playing regular first team football in the recent past. The less match practice a player has had, the less clubs will be interested in him - going so far that true backup players won't generate any interest even when you offer them for free! Finally - and this is one other necessary important factor I have noticed when I was trying to sell players above their market value - the player's age must be below 23 yo, ideally his age should be around 20.

If those conditions were met, I've had the chance to sell players way above their market value regularly. My latest of those "projects" was a 19yo South African defender which I've sold for 4.7 million euro despite his value at the time of only 1.1m. His average rating of ~ 7.40 and the high heading stat of 18, which resulted in 7 league goals from corners and free kicks, did their part in generating high interest :) On other occasions I manage to sell a player for about twice his value, at times more and sometimes less.

That being said, even if you're only hoping to get a response close to the current market value, then these factors can be some help. If you don't get any responses from other clubs then try to put the player on your match squad a few times and try again later.

People defending the transfer engine in this version are nuts. I'm not a usually complainer or a whiner, but it is extremely difficult to offload players. I couldn't get an offer for Babel, and eventually got 2.5m for him. After playing him as a key member for a season. In the real world, he warms the bench for two years and leaves for 6m. I appreciate some players should be worth less than their value, but some should be worth more. Or are you saying I shouldn't be able to get 50m for Torres cos he's only worth 34.5m?

People defending the transfer engine in this version are nuts. I'm not a usually complainer or a whiner, but it is extremely difficult to offload players. I couldn't get an offer for Babel, and eventually got 2.5m for him. After playing him as a key member for a season. In the real world, he warms the bench for two years and leaves for 6m. I appreciate some players should be worth less than their value, but some should be worth more. Or are you saying I shouldn't be able to get 50m for Torres cos he's only worth 34.5m?

looking at his stats, babel is rubbish. he is also on a high wage. decent clubs won't want him as they have better, and clubs that could do with him probably can't afford his wages

Actually, there are times when a high asking price (even as high as two times the current player value) can make sense and will find an interested team or two.

I have to put that statement into perspective though, because you can't create the necessary circumstances for each and every player. A few circumstances are necessary: first off, the player needs to be wanted by other clubs before you decide to offer him out, the more clubs that are on this list the better your chance for a positive response. Secondly it's imperative that the player you are trying to sell has been in good form recently, but most importantly he MUST have been playing regular first team football in the recent past. The less match practice a player has had, the less clubs will be interested in him - going so far that true backup players won't generate any interest even when you offer them for free! Finally - and this is one other necessary important factor I have noticed when I was trying to sell players above their market value - the player's age must be below 23 yo, ideally his age should be around 20.

If those conditions were met, I've had the chance to sell players way above their market value regularly. My latest of those "projects" was a 19yo South African defender which I've sold for 4.7 million euro despite his value at the time of only 1.1m. His average rating of ~ 7.40 and the high heading stat of 18, which resulted in 7 league goals from corners and free kicks, did their part in generating high interest :) On other occasions I manage to sell a player for about twice his value, at times more and sometimes less.

That being said, even if you're only hoping to get a response close to the current market value, then these factors can be some help. If you don't get any responses from other clubs then try to put the player on your match squad a few times and try again later.

The major problem with this theory, is that if he is getting regular first-team football, in good form and only 20 years old, then why would you want to sell him in the first place??

I sold a 29 y.o. striker for something like double of his nominal value (he was very good but wanted to leave, and that money basically paid for half a year of running a club). I can't really complain about the transfer market, I usually get decent offers for my players. I haven't played in a top league/club thought so can't really comment on the like of Babel.

They need to fix the issue about players who haven't played not being marketable to the Ai teams. I had Connor Wickham at 16/17 because I'd read on here he was good. He looked alright and had worked himself up to the bench for the first team. But by 19 he wasn't cutting it, getting a 6 when he played in the lesser games for example and rarely scoring. All the time he'd been in my first team squad he'd had six or seven clubs interested in him. I offered him out when I dropped him and got about 9 bids. All acceptable but one from West Brom was £1m higher. So I accepted that on deadline day but he refused to go. So I forgot about him until June when the window opened again. At this time he'd not played in 7 months. His value had dropped from £4.5m to 3m in that time. So, wanting rid, I offered him out for £1.5m and got no offers and no interest at all. Offered him for nothing and got no bids. He is still at the club now in the reserves in the final weeks of his contract having not played in 4 years. I can't even loan him out. I sent him to a feeder club on loan (Aberdeen) and they didn't play him once.

Don't raise the asking price. You're basically saying "please buy this piece of rubbish", so to demand above his value is ludicrous.

Totally the wrong thing to do.

It really depends on the player you are trying to sell, some of the things I consider are how much has he been playing first team football in the last few months, his squad status, your reason for selling, how much time left on his contract, his happiness, his wages & have other teams shown an interest in him.

For a happy, regularly playing player I would probably start at 2-3 times his value, maybe even more whereas a player just taking up space in the reserves that I wanted rid of quickly my first offer would be much closer to his value.

In any case the basics of selling apply, you can always drop your price but you can never raise it!

If you don't get any offers your price is too high - lower it & try again.

If you get 10+ offers you could have got more money.

True.

I offered my backup right-back for £8 million and he was valued at £4M. Barcelona, Dortmund and Sevilla were interested and he went to Barça.

If a club is interested in buying your player and you are ready to sell, DON'T offer them out for twice their market value. Make it 4x or 6x. This sometimes helps to get good offers, more than twice the market value. Doesn't always work but it's worth a try and you can still offer them out for less if no club puts in a bid.

Dzeko was worth £8.5m, he wanted to leave at the end of the 1st season and Man Utd were interested so I offered him out at £30m

I got 3 offers, each for £25.5m from Real Madrid, Barca and United.

He joined Real Madrid.

Demand plays a massive role.

The major problem with this theory, is that if he is getting regular first-team football, in good form and only 20 years old, then why would you want to sell him in the first place??

There are many reasons why I keep doing it this way. The foremost one is the fact that I wouldn't be able to keep them at the club anyway, so it's better to decide myself when to sell them and get some money out of it as well. While I can get those hot prospects for a very cheap wage when they're 17/18 and have them locked into a long-term contract until they're 20+, some of those players are good enough to start in the Premier League at the end of their contract. That of course shows in their wage demands, if they're even willing to extend their contract with me. Since I'm only rarely playing in the strongest European leagues and my current club is a tiny upward climber originally from the lower Austrian leagues, I rarely have the means to keep those players at the club!

looking at his stats, babel is rubbish. he is also on a high wage. decent clubs won't want him as they have better, and clubs that could do with him probably can't afford his wages

...He just moved club for 6m in real life. Obviously something needs to give. Defending this is ridiculous.

...He just moved club for 6m in real life. Obviously something needs to give. Defending this is ridiculous.

Yes but he was in demand. Hoffeneim needed a replacement for Ba and he fitted the bill perfectly in terms of type of player - and the fee is probably comparable to his market value.

It's not the same as for example City offering out Santa Cruz & Bridge because they are nowhere near the first team and nobody is desperate for them.

Yes but he was in demand. Hoffeneim needed a replacement for Ba and he fitted the bill perfectly in terms of type of player - and the fee is probably comparable to his market value.

It's not the same as for example City offering out Santa Cruz & Bridge because they are nowhere near the first team and nobody is desperate for them.

But my point is that this happens with players who are in the first team and have played a lot. You can't sell anyone easily, and I have no problem with that to an extent, but it's unrealistic at this point.

What does this have to do with the thread?It doesn't matter why he wants to sell,what matters is that more often than not you can't get more than face value for your key players,yet you have to pay 4-5 times for crappy players.

Archived