FM 2009 v 2010

2010 is much better than 2009!

In fact, due to a problem with my 2011 game (saved game cannot be loaded!!!) I have been forced back into playing 2010 for the last few weeks & I am now convinced it is a lot better (more enjoyable) game than the 2011.

IMHO there are only "improvements" that the 2011 version has over 2010:

1) Superior game engine (big one this).

2) Board giving an opportunity to adjust "Season Expectations" at start of calander year. I love this & miss it in 2010!

Still playing FM10 - will be wiating for the last patch for starting with FM11.

Started a career game again after I had problems with a save and am loving it - now into 2022 and have got Wycombe successive promotions to the Prem and Europe - then Everton (got sacked after 3 months because of a new chairman) - then Juventus - then Man City - now at Spurs and plan on being there for years. Loving how I've built my career up so far...will be hard to switch because I imagine the new patch for Fm11 will be early Feb.

Don't remember FM9 being as much fun as my save so far on FM10.

I started with FM09, and the tactics were so confusing that I couldn't even win a friendly with Tottenham against League 2 sides in pre-season friendlies. I started downloading tactics, and did decent.

In FM10, I created my own tactic and played with Athletic Bilbao. My team never did great, but won the 2011 Spanish Cup and finished in the top four every year before winning the league in 2019 then winning it twice in a row from 2021 and 2022, and they won the 2023 Champion's League.

Because of this, my vote is for FM10- the tactical system and touchline shouts are more intuitive while at the same time being easier to use compared to FM09's sliders. Then again, maybe I'm just another dumb American :)

Archived