There has already been a thread about this.

Guest vegyegan

Guest vegyegan

Funny, that got closed too, free speech doesnt seem to stretch to questioning the almighty Sega. We got an apology for the late/incorrect email. However I am at a loss to see how we got an explanation. It shouldnt have been sent isnt an explanation!!

This will be close quick sharp, just to prove my point.

Funny, that got closed too, free speech doesnt seem to stretch to questioning the almighty Sega. We got an apology for the late/incorrect email. However I am at a loss to see how we got an explanation. It shouldnt have been sent isnt an explanation!!

Well the thread's been open for nearly 10 minutes now.. Point dis-proven..

Why do you need an explanation other then 'it was sent in error' ?

I'm sure the people of SEGA are human and make mistakes like us 'normal' folk do, i know i've sent a text to the wrong person before, they don't text back asking for an explanation after i told them i sent it to the wrong person.

The explanation is that the email was sent out by Sega, not SI, and Sega have a record for being disorganised and this is simply a case of them being disorganised.

Now shut the hell up.

Guest vegyegan

I havent asked for one, just read the other thread that was closed. Stating that we had been given an explanation and apology. I agree we were given an apology. however to close the thread stating something that was also wrong, raised my point about cant Sega be called into question.

you expect free speech on a private forum?

anyway, i dont think its too difficult to work out what happened. Sega employ humans, humans make mistakes, email sent by mistake. explanation complete

My guess is the E-mail may have been a reminder, i'm guessing here but i say less than 50% of the people who play FM don't visit the forums and the E-mail was sent out as a reminder to people.

A few other things, free speech isn't exactly a liberty on ANY forum that has a set of rules which you are required to follow.

Secondly you created a rant over an E-mail that was sent late, really you have nothing better to do with your time?

Guest vegyegan

funny that, you read it and replied. So maybe my thread had some worth to yourself. It wasnt a rant, I mearly tried to raise the debate as to poor customer service from Sega yet again. I didnt realise it was in the forum rules to comment on customer service. Must have been my mistake.

funny that, you read it and replied. So maybe my thread had some worth to yourself. It wasnt a rant, I mearly tried to raise the debate as to poor customer service from Sega yet again. I didnt realise it was in the forum rules to comment on customer service. Must have been my mistake.

it wasn't a rant?

Do you want it more specific?

Such as, it shouldnt have been sent, but someone, accidentally, sent out a live email during training.

Or, our server messed up and once we finished clearing it out it appears all these emails spilled out.

The story behind the fact it shouldn't have been sent won't be too exciting mate.

Guest vegyegan

No, not a rant. If it was a rant i would be talking about sega fanboys etc, etc. I assure you im quite calm and just asking questions. Im afraid if its a rant it how you are reading it. You can show tone in writing. OH MAYBE I COULD SHOUT if I wanted to rant

No, not a rant. If it was a rant i would be talking about sega fanboys etc, etc. I assure you im quite calm and just asking questions. Im afraid if its a rant it how you are reading it. You can show tone in writing. OH MAYBE I COULD SHOUT if I wanted to rant

the problem is not the tone but rather that you are creating a whole thread about a non-issue.

Guest vegyegan

11-12-2010 07:04 #59

FrazT

* View Profile

* View Forum Posts

* Private Message

* Add as Contact

Moderator and Technical Support

27th December 2003

I've had a great night, this, however. wasn't it.

You have had an explanation and an apology from SEGA- thats enough for now.

If its a no issue for you stop posting. I havent asked for an explanation anywhere, Just said we have been given one. Poor customer service is my point.

We like to notify people of patches by as many means as possible - not everyone reads forums or is aware of them etc.

However - sending it as late as we did was not intentional, hence the original explanation and apology - which still, obviously, stands. We will try to make sure we're a little more prompt in future.

Cheers

Matt

I guess you have perceived it as just poor customer service, rather than any other problem. I wouldn't really consider sending out emails late as poor customer service. Not listening or not putting somethign right when it went wrong - now thats poor customer service. Both of which cannot be attributed to SI or Sega, in my opinon

We like to notify people of patches by as many means as possible - not everyone reads forums or is aware of them etc.

However - sending it as late as we did was not intentional, hence the original explanation and apology - which still, obviously, stands. We will try to make sure we're a little more prompt in future.

Cheers

Matt

People need to take it easy anyway, far more pressing and aggrevating issues in life.

Guest vegyegan

Thank you, Matt. I understand mistakes happen.

Postal, its all part of the customer service. Producing a poor product. Shutting down threads that people still want to comment on, However Sega and SI do on the whole listen and try to put things wrong. However if comments on the negative arent made they cant react and change. I love the FM games and contiune to buy them every year without fail.

Guest vegyegan
Man, I'd love to see vegyegan if he was confronted with a REAL problem, like if someone was to urinate in his hair or something. Soppy little hissyfitter haha.

you seem extremly bright. I asked a question thats all, people reply saying I have aske dfor this or that. Maybe learning to read and engage brain before replying would be good.

Well said.

OP, I think you got your answer. Of course it would make much more sense to have the email sent on the day the patch is released, but Sega have acknowledged that this didn't happen and they'll look to improve this in future. They made no mistake though, it was just your anticipation and expectation that made you believe it was the 2nd patch, which they never claimed it to be. I imagine the vast majority of FM players very rarely or never venture to these forums, thus it would have been fresh news to them which I'm sure they'd appreciate.

You're essentially roasting Sega because they sent an email a couple weeks late about a patch which you'd already been made aware of via these forums. They therefore didn't fail in their communications if you already knew about it, they were just covering all bases for those who don't frequent here. I understand your disappointment that it's not the 2nd patch, but you really need to lighten up.

Archived