Can this lad become a decent player?

attributes.jpg

This player has a CA of 57 and a PA of 160, he currently plays for my league two club in England. The club has top training facilities if I was to play him in lots of games over the next few seasons what sort of level would he be able to play at do you think? It is hard to get a decent tutor at this level of football but I think in a couple of years if I can get promoted I may be able to bring in someone decent enough to raise his determination a bit.

What age is he? If he's 16 or so, sure. 23? Maybe not.

Also, what position does he play? If he's a centre back, for example, I'd say his key attributes were a bit low for there to be much hope of him being a PL standard defender.

Will take a lot of hardwork.

A lot of first team exposure and a good tutor as you said is a must.

I cannot even tell what position he plays from his technicals :confused: AMC perhaps?

Will take a lot of hardwork.

A lot of first team exposure and a good tutor as you said is a must.

I cannot even tell what position he plays from his technicals :confused: AMC perhaps?

Nearly he is an MC that is rated as having plenty of potential in real life. I have seen him play a few times and he looks like he could make the step up at least two leagues.

In FM10 I would have said yes. Uncertain in the current version as match prep takes up a good few % of training and the tutoring system is somehow limited. It all pretty much depends on his hidden mental attributes along with age (16 - yes) and playing time (yes). Otherwise, pretty decent starting attributes although I will put the focus on improving stamina.

determination is quite low, so he won't improve so much

That's why I need to try and get a good tutor.

Can someone help I know how to see a players CA and PA with th ass manger using the star system! When u guys say a players CA and PA is a number where do u find it?

I checked the editor before hand to see what promising youngsters the team had. He was a -8 which makes a random PA so I changed it to the highest he could get and am trying to make him into a decent player.

Looking at this, he's going to be a Central Midfielder with an attacking mindset - very much like a Leon Osman.

I doubt he'll ever be "great". However, there's a few core stats for his position which are on the decent side (physically he's alright, and stats like Teamwork, Aggression, Decisions and Off the Ball are all good for a CM - combined with a few other stats on around 9).

He could make it into a decent Championship player, or top end League One. If you want to improve him, first put him on a Strength regime and improve his pace. As he gets a bit older, you want to start working on his attacking Tech stats which are a lot more promising than his defensive ones.

I checked the editor before hand to see what promising youngsters the team had. He was a -8 which makes a random PA so I changed it to the highest he could get and am trying to make him into a decent player.

Can someone explain how you know the CA/PA numbers? (eg CA 130) I only know this stuff by stars...

There you go.

Since he's a central midfielder I would put him on intensive strength training and individual focus on stamina, because it's pretty much the most important physical stat for that position. I would also set his tactics training at least on high to especially improve his anticipation. After you get him tutored and he's about 20 years old, I'd put more emphasis on his technical abilities like passing & ball control skills instead of physical training. That way you could get a decent deep laying playmaker IMO.

Will take a lot of work...

Archived