FM 2009 Idea: Unlockables

Now don't be hatin' me on this and I'm not sure it's in the right forum but hear me out.

I'm not sure what unlockables there'd be exactly but something to make you want to keep playing 20 years down the line would be great.

Think Smackdown 2 for the PS1. If you can remember that far back you could play 11 years and still unlock wrestlers which gave you the incentive to keep on going.

Obviously you wouldn't unlock footballers as they need to be available all years round and some people are more motivated than others to keep on playing for 20/30 years, but there's a lot of people who give up after 5 years and start a new game, me included and I feel this could be looked at.

What do you think? And sorry if I'm in the wrong place.

:/

Now don't be hatin' me on this and I'm not sure it's in the right forum but hear me out.

I'm not sure what unlockables there'd be exactly but something to make you want to keep playing 20 years down the line would be great.

Think Smackdown 2 for the PS1. If you can remember that far back you could play 11 years and still unlock wrestlers which gave you the incentive to keep on going.

Obviously you wouldn't unlock footballers as they need to be available all years round and some people are more motivated than others to keep on playing for 20/30 years, but there's a lot of people who give up after 5 years and start a new game, me included and I feel this could be looked at.

What do you think? And sorry if I'm in the wrong place.

:/

Haha, that's where you come in! I have the bones, you add the meat. (I think that's how it goes anyway)

And are you actually a postman? Because I've been thinking about maybe trying out to become one, it's something that quite interests me strangely.

Any tips on what I can do to maybe get ahead of the pack? Obviously this is if you're actually a posty >_> Which if you're not then I apologize.

How about an online store?

The further down the line you get the more codes you unlock which result in prizes online? For example posters, mugs, keyrings, gradually getting bigger and better the further you get. Obviously you wouldn't be able to claim more than one for each but that'd be pretty good I guess.

I realise there'd be a money issue though.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Syxx_Pac:

The further down the line you get the more codes you unlock which result in prizes online? For example posters, mugs, keyrings, gradually getting bigger and better the further you get. Obviously you wouldn't be able to claim more than one for each but that'd be pretty good I guess.

I realise there'd be a money issue though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What about that Nick though he is about 150 years into his game. What would you propose he gets a Car?

On the issues surrounding Postmen This website is where you need to go It's slightly different than you may think however

i think that although this idea is generally hated from other members i think it could be done with some work.

for example i thought maybe something like stuff for an online mode. or something on those lines.

i think the acheivment points work so well for the xbox 360, although you dont actually get anything for them alot of people me included play games longer to get those points. so that could be brought into the pc, i would appreciate it.

Originally posted by Syxx_Pac:

And are you actually a postman? Because I've been thinking about maybe trying out to become one, it's something that quite interests me strangely.

Any tips on what I can do to maybe get ahead of the pack?QUOTE]

dont do it its rubbish . that's the only tip i will give you icon_smile.gif

I hate unlockables so very much, leave them to EA sports titles.

I agree with you that something down the line as incentive to play long careers would be nice though even if its fluff and has no real basis in game.

Maybe the ability to bet your personal earnings on games throughout the season? (not your own games though) I know that sport betting is illegal in some countries but is it legal in a game like this?

Guest sav112

Just want the football feel to it back and not this beat the Ai feeling, Ai teams that have no form when playing human players....

Goals from corners from DC etc.

Hope the tactics gets locked down and get rid of this downloading stuff...or put an option for clan games. (hard I know)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">but there's a lot of people who give up after 5 years and start a new game, </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

...So?

Who says that's a bad thing?

Bad idea anyway. Unlockables add nothing to the intent of the game, and in many cases would actually detract from the game's intent.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by el sid:

SI could make a few more skins for the game themselves and have them as unlockables ! i think that will be great ! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's matter of opinion, though, as I really couldn't give a damn about skins.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bomjr:

Actually, FM already has an unlockable... the addictness rating... icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

and the Hall of Fame icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by el sid:

SI could make a few more skins for the game themselves and have them as unlockables ! i think that will be great ! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It would be better if they were available already unlocked. Why prevent people from using features just because they are not good enough players to be able to unlock features?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Syxx_Pac:

I realise there'd be a money issue though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So anyone could go on holiday for a couple of hours or so and then come back in 2020 and get a free t-shirt?

It will not work at all, how would you combat cheats? Its not a moderated game.

Sir alex furguson has been managing for ages. I bet he has hundreds off t-shirts and recently unlocked his 317th keyring from Si.

No bad idea - destroyes realism.

Although someones idea of a knighthood will go well with the stadium name and son in game easter egg

I would argue that the game is almost unlockable as it is.

You take a nobody team in the premiership - congratulations..... every big team wants you as their manager.

You win lots of leagues and competitions and the money that comes with it..... congratulations... you can buy an expensive player now.

You are now highly thought of.... congratulations.... you can have (someone great) as your assistant manager

You take Spurs to three consecutive titles ... congratulations.... there is a spare seat next to god!

I think we are already there for those that didnt like the idea and we are already there but in a different format to what Syxx wanted.

Just my two pennies worth....

Archived