Bedlington Billionaire

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/04112010/58/billionaire-invests-non-league-side-bedlington.html

Just seen this obviously as it says there will not be millions to spend on players however it does sound like the owner may ease some of the costs of running a football club. How would this be implemented into FM? The guy has the resources but will not be spending loads of cash would that even count as a sugar daddy of some sort?

Jesus! That was only today the news came out and you want it in the game already?

Where do I say that I want it in the game? I know it will not be in the game being as the game is out tomorrow and has already been sent to the stores.

I was asking so I could edit the database myself, I know there are different types of sugar daddy and wondered if this counted as one of them.

Jesus! That was only today the news came out and you want it in the game already?
Does it really matter? Its basically a way of saying whens it in the game? Like i said, are they even in it? I'm out.

Read the OP again, not once has he asked if its in the game, he asks 'how would it be implemented'. Which actually makes for a decent question.

Does it really matter? Its basically a way of saying whens it in the game? Like i said, are they even in it? I'm out.

No, no it isn't.

You obviously didn't read his post properly.

Typical GD users I see...

What a save game it would make though, 9th tier with a billionaire!

With the 'down to 11th tier' file coming sometime in the near future, I might implement this myself using the database/editor and play as them! Could be a bit of fun.

Maybe the owner in FM would act as an Underwriter (not sure if that's the correct word, feel free to correct me!), basically ridding the debts but not giving a huge transfer budget. I think that exists in the game already.

It would make a fun save even with an underwriter sugar daddy and maybe a decent good players and team guide official thread.

You make it, and I will be there!*

*After many hours with Portsmouth and Arsenal.

Thanks for that AcidBurn.

I just put him into my game after looking him up on Google and then Wikipedia to get his place of birth etc.

Made him very good at business and resources with a love for Bedlington Terriers. Then added him as the chairman of them.

Though I won't be using any non league teams first game it will be interesting to see how they do. :thup:

http://www.journallive.co.uk/north-east-news/todays-news/2010/11/04/mr-rich-to-plough-cash-into-bedlington-terriers-61634-27599412/

All the backer Mr Rich has done (and yes, his name is Mr Rich) has reseeded the pitch and paid for a £30,000 scoreboard. It seems more of a philanthropic interest for him and a bit of publicity.

He is richer than John Henry and the Glazers mind....

Bob has been over to meet us at the club. I can assure you he is NOT doing this for publicity, simply listen to his interview on sky sports news tonight!

Whitley fan in peace mate, what do you reckon will happen to the Terriers now?

Bob Rich lives 15 minutes from me, here in a suburb of Buffalo, New York. (I'm only a hundredaire though) :D

He has a great reputation, and many local fans have always wished he'd purchase our Buffalo Bills. (American Football)

Buffalo is an underdog city, and we love rooting for the 'dogs around here. I'm happy for the fans of Bedlington.

I'm interested in seeing how people would represent his contribution, in the game.

Went down for both Vase finals with our chairman, cracking games! Chow won me £25 with the first goal, woo!

We've been progressing very well both on and off the field recently, with the upgrades in the ground and players we have. We hope the marketing aspect in the states will help us improve merchandise sales, infact it has done massively so far today with the webshop selling out of most home shirts!

Same (sort of). I'm Stockport County through and through, but I get down to Hillheads when I can, as I have geordie heritage. Saw the Bay at Wembley both times (6-1!!!)

We'll never win the league anyway, as Chan and the board are too focused on the vase, so I doubt it'll really matter.

Same (sort of). I'm Stockport County through and through, but I get down to Hillheads when I can, as I have geordie heritage. Saw the Bay at Wembley both times (6-1!!!)

We'll never win the league anyway, as Chan and the board are too focused on the vase, so I doubt it'll really matter.

Can't argue.

Knob McDude, I'm from Amherst, NY. I have to say, when I heard the news this morning that Mr. Rich was going to be buying (or contributing to, whatever) Bedlington, I had to do a double-take. Just a bizarre series of events. Would have been nice if he had put that money towards the Buffalo Bills, but I can't pretend I'm too bothered. Not a big gridiron guy. I'll have to start following Bedlington now, if for no other reason than the local connection.

Bob has been over to meet us at the club. I can assure you he is NOT doing this for publicity, simply listen to his interview on sky sports news tonight!

Somebody else gets why this post is funny, right? :D

Archived