Per Mertesacker - Singing On Fee..........

realistic ?

does this money then get deduced from your transfer budget if you sign him on that contract ? what was your bid that got accepted ?

seems a bit much!

They accepted £11.5M

The transfer fee , sign on fee and agent fee combined would be £26.4M :O

I know you have to negotiate those numbers down but even then are the numbers we are seeing in the demo for agent fees, signing on fees etc realistic? Can't say I know enough about it to know for sure, I'm assuming since SI have put them in the game they must be fairly realistic...

What's disturbing about that snapshot is that the player is 'Very Interested'....

Exactly. Per : "I'd really like to join your club, so just give me 10.5 million pounds upfront and I'll be on my way." I'm not sure I like this.

Personally i've only really managed Leeds in the demo but even down there the fee's seems very very stupid. Calum Davenport wanted £15k a week along with a large signing on fee and the riduclous agent's fee..... He hasn't played for god knows how long!

Willingness - 3, Fee - 17, patience - 3. This looks like an agent you really don't want to be dealing with :D

I'm not a professional football player and I don't have an agent so I'm not sure how these situations actually go down. Surely, however, if I am very interested in joining a club, I'm not going to agree to my agent asking a preposterous signing on fee - something that will ultimately go to me only anyway. I had thought that the agents Fee attribute only dictated how much of fee they would be asking for their own services.

Do 10.5 million pound signing on fees get thrown around often? Even as an initial request?

Exactly. Plus look at the wages, he's only on £59k a week at the moment, yet asks for £135k a week as a starting point? Also the agent says he would prefer these contract talks to be brief, meaning theres not much room to negotiate before he leaves. You might get the wages down to a £100k a week and shave a few mill of the signing-on fee, if you're lucky, which is still far too high. It's happening right across the board as well.

I just had Moussa Sissoko, a good 20 year old prospect who's on £14,000 a week, ask for over 5 times his current wage at £78k a week! Along with a £4.6m signing-on fee. My last offer was £50k a week and £3m before the agent left discussions. I'm Spurs btw.

You would think a realistic wage for a 20 year old currently on £14k a week, who's very interested in joining, would be maybe £25-30k at best and a £1m signing on fee...yet his agent leaves after an offer of £50k and a £3m signing fee.

I'm not a professional football player and I don't have an agent so I'm not sure how these situations actually go down. Surely, however, if I am very interested in joining a club, I'm not going to agree to my agent asking a preposterous signing on fee - something that will ultimately go to me only anyway. I had thought that the agents Fee attribute only dictated how much of fee they would be asking for their own services.

Do 10.5 million pound signing on fees get thrown around often? Even as an initial request?

I know players do sack their agents in the game, so it would be nice to see it happen in the wake of a deal collapsing due to the agent's demands. It does seem odd that he is very interested in the move yet the demands are so high.

I'd be interested to hear from the OP on how the negotiations went after these demands, did the deal go through? What were the final terms?

I know players do sack their agents in the game, so it would be nice to see it happen in the wake of a deal collapsing due to the agent's demands. It does seem odd that he is very interested in the move yet the demands are so high.

I'd be interested to hear from the OP on how the negotiations went after these demands, did the deal go through? What were the final terms?

I could only get his wage down to £120k , Sign on fee to £9M and agent fee to £3m

I decided not sign him.......

What is the going rate for a player of his quality? It's all about market value. What are the wages of some other internationally capped central defenders? I imagine John Terry makes similar money to what he wants although I'm not really sure. The agents' job is to get his player the most money possible regardless of how interested the player is in signing. Is it a cramp in the ass? Sure but sometimes you have to be prepared to walk away from a deal.

I could only get his wage down to £120k , Sign on fee to £9M and agent fee to £3m

I decided not sign him.......

Good on you for pulling out of the deal, but it does sound like the demands from the agent have ruined the deal, which looks like it wasn't in the interests of the player.

What happened after the deal broke down, was there any reaction from the player? Did he move elsewhere?

What is the going rate for a player of his quality? It's all about market value. What are the wages of some other internationally capped central defenders? I imagine John Terry makes similar money to what he wants although I'm not really sure. The agents' job is to get his player the most money possible regardless of how interested the player is in signing. Is it a cramp in the ass? Sure but sometimes you have to be prepared to walk away from a deal.

If people would stop justyfing these huge bugs we would probably be closer to a solution. This issue needs a lot of tweaking. Agents (as well as players) are asking for way too much money. Add this to the inflated transfer fees and you have to pay an insane amount of money for players.

If people would stop justyfing these huge bugs we would probably be closer to a solution. This issue needs a lot of tweaking. Agents (as well as players) are asking for way too much money. Add this to the inflated transfer fees and you have to pay an insane amount of money for players.

Ok some questions for you:

1) Have you logged this huge bug in the bugs forum?

2) Are you a) a pro footballer, b) a pro footballers wife, girlfriend, mother, father, son, brother or other close family relative, c) a pro manager, d) an agent or e)in any way shape or form connected to the professional football world and therefore have the knowledge that these numbers are completely and utterly incorrect?

My personal take is that there are some slightly inflated fees (this is based on gut feeling, I don't meet any of my 5 criteria :( ) but these are a result of unbalanced agent attributes. I also believe this is under review by SI.

I think its just because of the comparison to previous games because where as before if a player cost 10million and had a 2 mil signing on fee and cost 12 million total this years game the same transaction is costing more like 25 million because of the massive signing on fee. Also wage demands are a lot higher but perhaps that's an attempt to follow the current trend of asking for £150,000 a week (a la Rooney).....a comment from SI would be greatly appreciated.

Ok some questions for you:

1) Have you logged this huge bug in the bugs forum?

2) Are you a) a pro footballer, b) an agent, c) a pro manager, d) an agent or e)in any way shape or form connected to the professional football world and therefore have the knowledge that these numbers are completely and utterly incorrect?

My personal take is that there are some slightly inflated fees (this is based on gut feeling, I don't meet any of my 5 criteria :( ) but these are a result of unbalanced agent attributes. I also believe this is under review by SI.

I'm B but not D.

Seriously though, one of my biggest concerns is that players will cost alot more to sign now, but even more importantly - to re-sign. With the addition of agents to the game a new cost has been added to the contract process with nothing to offset it income wise, this is further exacerbated by comparatively higher demands due to some agents' attributes. This won't be a problem in some of the top European leagues but I know that I found it difficult to maintain a positive balance managing in some of the more obscure lower tiers and I can only see that being doubly the case now.

I'm B but not D.Seriously though, one of my biggest concerns is that players will cost alot more to sign now, but even more importantly - to re-sign. With the addition of agents to the game a new cost has been added to the contract process with nothing to offset it income wise, this is further exacerbated by comparatively higher demands due to some agents' attributes. This won't be a problem in some of the top European leagues but I know that I found it difficult to maintain a positive balance managing in some of the more obscure lower tiers and I can only see that being doubly the case now.

Doh! Fixed my post.

Maybe people are confusing wages before taxes and wages after taxes?

Clubs do pay a gross wage to the player.

But the player only receives his nett wage.

Maybe we are comparing apples and oranges?

I know Yaya Toure wanted a certain amount to join Manchester City to compensate for the massive tax rate we have here (50%), think it was £200k a week. From what i've heard he'll take home less that half of that.

Archived