The International Side of Fm11

To be honest i love FM11 i really do. I also love the fact that SI included an African U20 Championship but 1 thing is that im dissapointed to see that nothing has been added to the international side of the game?

I just want to know why nothing has been added to the international side of the game?

Why on earth would you chose to call up Kevin Davies....

But really there isn't that much they can do to international management, the fact is you only play games rarely and ones that really matter every couple of years. Thats the bit that makes it a bit boring and theres no changing that.

I think better choices of managers too, too often unknowns get the big jobs, for example I have turned Brackley into European champions in just 14 seasons, and we are a force in world football, yet I got turned down for the England job for a Macedonian with absolutely no managerial or coaching experience at all, and had only spent 1 season in England his whole playing career with Middlesboro' in the Championship 8 years before retiring.

add provisional sqauds, trial games before big tournaments, more hype before tournaments, and least of all when you become an international manager there should be contracts.

It was announced as a feature for FM11 that there will be more pre-tournament hype, like in real life.

And fixed squad numbers, for example when I play a qualifier against Moldova and I choose to start with lets say Kevin Davies he wears #10 ahead of Rooney who is on the bench.

I believe that's what happens in real life? It does for the England squad, at least. Squad numbers are given for tournaments only. Like I said, that's with England. Other countries may vary.

I want better scouting/coach reports on players like you get when managing at club level.

That was in FM10 already crouch.

Use your AM & coaches to scout and on the player page you get tabs for "International report" & "Club report"

I agree. I've always wanted to see contracts for international managers. It's beyond me why that isn't already in the game.

If there's contracts that means you would probably have to be forced to resign from your club team if you take an international job. And if there's contracts that means you probably need a finances tab for nations too...

That was in FM10 already crouch.

Use your AM & coaches to scout and on the player page you get tabs for "International report" & "Club report"

The problem I had Cougar was when trying to 'scout' players who were in a non-playable league. Because they never played in 'real' games, I never got a scout report for them. Extremely frustrating.

Plus, I think when my players come together, I should be able to get automatic reports from my coaches, just as you can at club level. It doesn't make sense that just because I have a player playing in a non-playable league, I can't ever ask my coaches for their judgement on him, even when I call him up!

It annoyed me anyway. Right now on FM10, having the leagues that your international players might play in loaded up on playable, or view-only at the very least, is absolutely key.

That does help Cougar, certainly. If I was to give advice to someone who wanted to do some international management in their save, I would definitely advise loading as many playable and view-only leagues as they can to support this part of the game.

Hopefully you also see the point I'm making though. I really ought to be able to ask my coaches what they think of certain players while they are on international duty with me. The current international scouting system is inadequate and it becomes quite irritating if you are managing an international side.

It's very easy to "forget" players when the game becomes full of regens - unlike now, where you know you're missing Gerrard for England, for example. I'd like to be able to keep track of previous squads and perhaps arrange them into an infinitely large squad with some categories. For example, I might have a category "must pick" that contains maybe 10-15 players who will be picked no matter what; a category of 5-10 players who generally make the squad but are droppable depending on form, and maybe 4-5 wildcards like Kevin Davies, perhaps players on really good form.

I'd like my backroom staff to regularly recommend players for these categories, and more importantly recommend players to be dropped out.

I'd like more informative match reports - like an email with every single rating for every single eligible player, plus descriptions of how they did (I don't need to scout them for crying out loud - how hard is it for Capello to get a video of the game?!).

I'd like regular feedback from other national teams in the country - like Capello is interested in promising England Under-21s and maybe Under-19s.

I'd like the national team manager to get more involved in youth development in the country. Help organise strategy for academies, for example. If a manager is brought in with a lot of experience in this area, perhaps the national team manager could organise things like training camps and get more involved with, say, the England Trialist teams but for kids.

I'd like to be able to talk to club managers more often. Perhaps suggest to Fergie that Rooney would make a good attacking midfielder, and try to convince him to train him like that, for example.

International management is rather boring but at the moment it's really boring. You get the feeling you're always alone. Your staff are largely useless. The players come and go, without saying much. It's all very boring.

Archived