pa 198

PA of 198 is indeed very high but the player is unlike to get near that unless he gets first team experience at the highest level, great coaching and training tacilities. It also depends on his current age and CA as to whether he will near his potential.

It also helps if the player has a high current/potential positional rating as given in FMGenie scout.

For example if two players with a PA/CA of say 190 but 'Player A' had a current rating of 85% and 'Player B' has a current rating of 78% then 'Player A' on paper is statistically a bit better than 'Player B'. Well that's how it used to be and I don't think it's changed.

PA of 198 is indeed very high but the player is unlike to get near that unless he gets first team experience at the highest level, great coaching and training tacilities. It also depends on his current age and CA as to whether he will near his potential.

the guy i have is 22 i will loan him out if he won't go then i'll put him in the firat team.

It also helps if the player has a high current/potential positional rating as given in FMGenie scout.

For example if two players with a PA/CA of say 190 but 'Player A' had a current rating of 85% and 'Player B' has a current rating of 78% then 'Player A' on paper is statistically a bit better than 'Player B'. Well that's how it used to be and I don't think it's changed.

I'd always go with player 'A' in my experience they do perform better.

just for my curiosity.. whats the point of knowing players' CA/PA? - I used to use scouts programs to find high-pa players back on CM, but that quickly made the game boring for me.. so I was just wondering what people like about knowing the CA/PA of players as I'm pretty sure that the game is ridiculously easy when you know how good players are and can be..

Not judging people, just asking :)

just for my curiosity.. whats the point of knowing players' CA/PA? - I used to use scouts programs to find high-pa players back on CM, but that quickly made the game boring for me.. so I was just wondering what people like about knowing the CA/PA of players as I'm pretty sure that the game is ridiculously easy when you know how good players are and can be..

Not judging people, just asking :)

I find this aswell, I used editors when I first started playing FM and it ruin my experience and just got so boring. Now my saves are so unpredictable and makes it more interesting.

So many players that use editors, (including me years ago) would instantly think that high PA means awesome player. As stated in the above posts, it's all about where the attributes are. No real point getting carried away with a 199PA defender with 5 for jumping, for instance.

I still have an academy player (now 30yrs old) that is only rated 1.5 stars in my team, just because his attributes are in the right areas and always performs. There's a reason he's a fan favourite despite all my coaches not rating him.

I have a regen with CA/PA 193/199. I don't usually check but I was trying to prove a theory of mine. But as posters have said CA/PA is not as good as often thought. If you have a player with the right spread of stats then he will be good, for example until last year my best AML was a 138 CA/PA player who was keeping out a regen with over 30 points on him in the PA (and about 15 in the CA) simply because he had the stats in the right places (especially mentally, as the technical stats were pretty similar). Unfortunately he's now too old and I have a massive AML bought in from Italy.

I find this aswell, I used editors when I first started playing FM and it ruin my experience and just got so boring. Now my saves are so unpredictable and makes it more interesting.

So many players that use editors, (including me years ago) would instantly think that high PA means awesome player. As stated in the above posts, it's all about where the attributes are. No real point getting carried away with a 199PA defender with 5 for jumping, for instance.

I still have an academy player (now 30yrs old) that is only rated 1.5 stars in my team, just because his attributes are in the right areas and always performs. There's a reason he's a fan favourite despite all my coaches not rating him.

Yep, I had a guy just like that in FM08. Decent player, but was a brilliant free-kick taker. Scored 15+ goals a year and bagged a ton of assists. Legend in my book. When I left the club, he got relegated to the reserves, so I brought him along to my next club.

Archived