Getting bored with the game due to winning all the time!

Yes it really does look like I'm boasting but I want to make it sound like I;m not which is impossible.

The thing is wherever I go whether Cardiff(twice), Celtic, Sporting CP,Ajax, Ac Milan, Man U, mainly Liverpool I always be succesful, I build a dream team, and yeh it gets boring and I get bored of it, despite how I kinda would love to sign Messi one lucky day I don't need him it's just not as fun.

IDEAS NEEDED: How could you make the game more rewarding, don't make the game harder please it's hard enough making a fli;pping solid consistant winning tactic anyway, I couldn't care about getting my name into the top topp top of the hall of fame or the minority chance of getting a son/stadium named after you...

Any ideas?

As you've mainly gone with big name teams, it's not surprising that you've been winning all the time. Try the little leagues, such as the Blue Square in the England. Pick a team and dive in. You won't know the players, so it'll be a challenge to create a winning combination. :)

Its becasue the long terms playability of FM is not that great. How often do we see people making the lowest divison team's and making then team into world beaters? For me it happens all the time! At the start of the game it can be competitive when the AI have decent squads but give it a few years and the AI do not have much of a clue! It does need to be harder - as in the future you can create a super squad/team which is not realistic.

There is plenty you can do to make it more rewarding, for instance:

A) Only use the job centre to sign staff

B) Only use scouts to find players

C) Don't use the player search

D) Don't use third party applications

E) Don't sign players you've read about on forums

F) Don't use RL or previous save knowledge

G) Don't use exploits that give an unrealistic number of goals

H) Try different countries/league levels

I have my own little plan. It took me a while to get in the prem. And i found the perfect thing to keep me motivated. Try to have an one nation squad that is world class. I'm going for Newcastle Town with an all english squad, i own 8 of the england first team, and domestic player bias of 85% Its tricky and you may have to spend a lot of budget.

Have you got to the top of the hall of fame yet?

What I do is not build dream teams (relative to my level), and always sell players given a reasonable offer. I also try to spend as little as possible, regardless of budget. On a more subjective note, I try to not sign players that would be very unlikely to join the club irl.

Generally, what that does is make you successful for a season or two when your squad "peaks", followed by a dry transition period when you sell all your star players and rebuild.

Think Arsene Wenger. :)

I've had the same problem. especially on FM 10 because it's just to easy to build a team a keep it together. The thing that could be changed by SI in my opinion is to make it harder to keep players when they are looking for a new challenge. Now when a player of may Ajax team says he's looking for a new challenge all I have to do is say 'will strive to improve club" and most of the time they will stay. Depending on their loyalty, players should just want to move on after a number of years at a club or when a bigger club shows an interest.

I now just try to make them stay at the club only once, after they complain about wanting a new challenge again I always sell the player. I'm sure that if I had wanted to I could have kept all of my best players and make a dream team. In reality clubs like Ajax always lose their best players after a few years, because they just don't get the TV income and so on to pay the kind of wages clubs in England, Spain etc. can afford to pay.

i ve sometime the same problem on the long-term i set up a new challenge after few season like not buying new player just promote from your academy only (very difficult specially if you getting under pressure from the board) ,get player on bossman free only or limited your own transfer budget to 10M,buy player only from the country you play.

the last save i leave my club for a new one every two season.you build a team (or rebuild for some) and leave to let another manager get the success and move another club left in mess by the previous manager so far i manage in the same save :Toronto (win the title),psv (cup),St Etienne,A.Madrid and my new job is getting is getting Blackburn back to the EPL in two season (hopefully one as i m 2nd i think one look good :p:thup: )

Play in Spain, but don't use Real Madrid, Barca, or Valencia (use Zaragoza!). The 25man registration window + HG rule + 3 non-EU players limit makes it interesting if you're used to playing in EPL, where there are no restrictions when it comes to non-EU players. Really limits who you can sign outside of EU--you'd have to sell or wait for a foreign player to gain citizenship when you're trying to get that 4th non-EU from Argentina and/or Brazil.

Try to build a team playing total football, i mean create your own tactic, not using mr houghs 4123 anchor which exploits the ME, not saying you are by the way, dont exploit corners. I play all mine on short ive built a quality side playing free flowing football in a 4231 formation with full freedom and roaming. Loving it.

The best challenge ive done is the journeyman, start unemployed with sunday league football rep, see how far you get :)

Try to build a team playing total football, i mean create your own tactic, not using mr houghs 4123 anchor which exploits the ME, not saying you are by the way, dont exploit corners. I play all mine on short ive built a quality side playing free flowing football in a 4231 formation with full freedom and roaming. Loving it.

The best challenge ive done is the journeyman, start unemployed with sunday league football rep, see how far you get :)

This is how I always play. Against stronger opponents it really does the trick. It's quite attacking, but defensively solid at the same time. In European games, I'll often lose the home leg by the odd goal because my players are overconfident or something, but then I always manage to score three goals in the away leg. I've recently beaten Chelsea and Arsenal like that: and I'm playing with ADO Den Haag (won the dutch league once, Ajax is otherwise dominating. CL Semi-final is my best European result). It does take some good players for this tactic to work. It's always a disaster when I try it with a lower league team.

I do switch to a 433 with three strikers against weaker teams, because my normal formation gives me 80% possession, but rarely gets through the ten-men wall the opposition puts up on the edge of the box.

as the "original" players are shifted out and replaced by regens, the game gets way to easy.

I´ts the same ***** every edition.

tha Ai should be enhanced, here im not talkng about tactical awareness, but decision making regarding buying, selling and developing players.

The best thing about this is the online play i never really touch the single player game anymore get yourself in a good clan and you will start enjoying it alot more m8 theres nothing better than beating your m8s (well i aint that good) have a look at this clan it will give you some ideas http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/161440-Premiership-Glory-2010-Clan-Thread?p=5722123

Need a challenge? Try to take on dafuge`s challenge:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/158987-dafuge-s-FM10-challenge

And if you think that`s too easy, apply that to the leagues below that with this update:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/161216-FM2010-England-Levels-7-and-8-Southern-Northern-amp-Isthmian-Leagues?p=4543124#post4543124

So far nobody who took up the challenge never managed to win both the Premier League as the Champions League, as far as I know.

Archived