Penalty cheat/bug

I believe I have found a long running glitch in the FM series since FM08, basically when the opposing team is about to take a penalty, dropping the speed slider down to the minimum just before they are about to kick the ball seems to increase the chance they'll miss. My friend says I am talking rubbish, however I am convinced this works, is this glitch well known about and/or does anyone else use it?

I think you'll find the only way to reliably stop them scoring is to click them rapidly as they run up, thus distracting them.

That or try to "save" the shot with the cursor.

I think you'll find the only way to reliably stop them scoring is to click them rapidly as they run up, thus distracting them.

Hahaha! :D

I very much doubt it, and you have put "seems to increase the chance they will miss" so they still miss some penatlys.

So have you ever thought that, maybe they still would have missed the penatly no matter what setting you had the speed on. :D

Pretty much this. Even during the regular game. If you blow at your monitor, too, it makes the ball swerve, with the added "wind" factor.

I believe I have found a long running glitch in the FM series since FM08, basically when the opposing team is about to take a penalty, dropping the speed slider down to the minimum just before they are about to kick the ball seems to increase the chance they'll miss. My friend says I am talking rubbish, however I am convinced this works, is this glitch well known about and/or does anyone else use it?

Your friend sounds like a level headed guy :cool:

• Administrators

There's always theories like this for certain elements of the game, I wouldn't get on his back too much, even if yes, pausing it would make no difference whatsoever.

There's always theories like this for certain elements of the game, I wouldn't get on his back too much, even if yes, pausing it would make no difference whatsoever.

It's a conspiracy!

I have it on good authority that if you kiss your screen the penalty will go in.

I even heard from my friends dogs sisters owners dad that sending lots of cookies to SI means you will never concede a long range shot ever again...

Of course, I've only heard...

Before the 2D match engine, I used to have a mouse position on the match screen which would greatly increase the chances of winning.

Unfortunately my mate did too, so when we came head to head we had to have a half each... not forgetting nudging the cursor out of position during key junctures of the game.

Pretty much this. Even during the regular game. If you blow at your monitor, too, it makes the ball swerve, with the added "wind" factor.

I always turn my monitor on the side, so that gravity pulls the ball into the opposition goal ;)

Half time can be tricky though.

Reminded me of Gary McAllisters penalty for Scotland against England in Euro '96 where the ball moved as he was about to strike it :(

Then that reminded me of that pleb Uri Gellar, who tried to claim it was him that moved the ball with the power of his mind :(

Feeding the cat whilst the opposition penalty was taken helped me once, so I always try it.

I now find that I still concede penalties and have a cat shaped like a balloon into the bargain :(.

Archived