Accidently skipped the teamtalk...uh oh

:eek:

I've just taken the Liverpool job after years of Rafa running the club into the ground. So halfway through my first season it comes to a huge game against Chelsea at Anfield.

So after setting up the team, its teamtalk time, and of course I click past it to go straight to kick off! I'm sitting in bed, raging at my laptop and my stupidity! No teamtalk for anyone...

Halftime score: Liverpool 3 - 0 Chelsea !!!

Fulltime: 3 - 1.

Does anyone ever do this on purpose, or have done it by accident with similar results?

Earlier today, I did something similar. I accidentally clicked the 'the team have no chance of winning this match' option going into a match against a similarly struggling team with my side on a bad run, only realising my terrible mistake once it was too late. I was so furious with myself for rushing through it and not thinking properly. :(

We won for the first time in about ten league matches! :D

yeah i done with once with my Crew save against Newcastle in the FA cup i was so annoyed about it, but i won the game on penalties so the next time i play a top team (went out to Huddersfield in the next round) i will use the same tactic to try and get the same result.

I'm never letting an assistant do a team talk ever again. In my first match as QPR manager (only a friendly, luckily) I let my sidekick do the team talks. We beat the Glenn Hoddle Academy 9-0, but the goalkeeper I had just spent half of our transfer budget on was furious at whatever my assistant had said. It suggests he might be a difficult character but I'm convinced this wouldn't have happened if I handled it. The very fact that the assistant had taken charge of the team talk is what seemed to make him so angry.

yeah i was leading 3-0 at ht and forgot to do team talk and my team fell apart and lost 5-3 ouch~

The same thing happens when you do give a team talk - saying 'pleased' or 'thrilled' is the best way to ensure your team will take it easy in the 2nd half and throw the game away.

For FM11 I'd be pleased if there was an option to play without team talks as they are so f*cking useless

• 4 months later...

i have found different teams react to different talks. 1st team i managed only bothered trying if i did a for the fans talk. another tried harder if i expected a win and my current team seem to do better on wish luck or pressure off.

i only use none if im 2 goals up at half time. its the only 1 where the players wont stop trying

• Administrators

It's just another option. Sometimes it's works sometimes it doesn't, it's dependent on the opposition, the state of your teams morale and forum - as you're all aware team talks are very open to user interpretation.

I forget the thread but someone gave some solid advice on team talks. I started doing it and noticed player morale is always around very good to superb since I have been doing it. Basically wish them luck before every match and then at halftime check their motiviation. If playing nervously tell them no pressure etc etc.....it really works if done properly. Pretty cool stuff.

Archived