Impossible Half time team talks

In regards to ridiculous come backs

3-0 up, 4-0 up no problem for the AI

doesn't make any difference what you say in the team talks, your team always comes out and plays like theyve all got broken knees and the opposition suddenly turn into brazil 1970

farcical, the worst yet for it, feel like uninstalling the game, fed up of blowing massive half time leads, the game really is impossible to understand sometimes

doesn't make any difference what you say in the team talks, your team always comes out and plays like theyve all got broken knees and the opposition suddenly turn into brazil 1970

farcical, the worst yet for it, feel like uninstalling the game, fed up of blowing massive half time leads, the game really is impossible to understand sometimes

Say nothing to them, say "you have faith' or 'pleased' to some well-performing individuals.

THat's my tactic and I've never had any problem.

Indeed, saying nothing before the game resulted in immediate benefits for my team, and only rarely do I use it at half-time, other than to single out individual performances (7.5+ or 6.0 and under.) I learned my lesson about never saying don't get careless...

Indeed, saying nothing before the game resulted in immediate benefits for my team, and only rarely do I use it at half-time, other than to single out individual performances (7.5+ or 6.0 and under.) I learned my lesson about never saying don't get careless...

Ive never lost a game after saying this, usually banged in another goal or 2!

The over-effects of teamtalks have me absolutely apoplectic. They should be binned; certainly pre-match teamtalks should be binned – get them wrong and you might as well right off the half, if not the entire match.

How are these implemented? Human player picks wrong talk (no matter how reasonable under the circumstances) and suddenly all the algorithms are weighted heavily against you. How? Why? AI cheating, as far as I’m concerned. A waste of the gamer’s time and effort.

Sounds like no teamtalk at all is the way to go?? Perhaps it has no effect at all, meaning no algorithms specifically designed to cheat the manager deemed to have chosen the incorrect talk; just the algorithms in their "natural" state, meaning you have a chance. All I want is a fair crack of the whip. I don't mind losing as long as I've played something that resembles football in the process. Teamtalks risk this being taken away from you. They can transform players, regardless of tactics, into incompetants who have never kicked a ball in their lives.

I always go for Don't let perfomrnace drop but then also change tactics slightly maybe doing one of the following- make the wingers slightly more defensive, play narrower, swap the strikers so they are playing against different defenders, retain possession, move from attacking to control. Not a massive change but some kind of reaction. After 10 mins see how you are going and change again to reflect how the game is going. This seems to work

Depends on the circumstance. 3-0 up in a tough away game? You bet I'm going to say I'm pleased to those players who deserve it. Those who are complacent, I'm going to give a quick kick up the backside. 3-0 up against the local pub team with a Barcelona? That's the bare minimum, so I'll say nothing to those who are doing ok, and rocket anyone who isn't pulling their weight.

Teamtalks are context dependant. They depend on your players' personalities and the match circumstances.

I think it's supposed to be a complex chess game between you and your players' fragile egos.

In practice it's just a tedious, baffling mine field.

I stick with "none" unless it's REALLY obvious.

Same with press conferences. Get in, refuse to answer any questions, get out.

I agree that this really is the best course of action. Tests have been done which prove not saying ANYTHING delivers better results. This being the case it really does sum up what an appalling mess SI have made of the press conference/team talk 'feature' of the game.

If anyone thinks they are experiencing team talks that cause unrealistic upshots in morale, could they please upload the PKMs to the bugs forums? Cheers.

It's not upshots that are caused, more 'downshots' (is that even a word?!) which is why saying nothing is the way to go. I've given up on the game to be honest.

Hi

I like them they add another rl dimesion (why would you want to scrap them). Though I hover between the Assman and myself giving the talks, depending on the circumstances.

* I have successfully thrown my toys out of the pram at half time and the team have gone on to win or drawn.

* I have said nothing and that has had an effect.

* I do think sometimes that certain talks can be counterproductive. I did have my assman tell me a couple of my players are getting too complacemnt and think that we can win everything; therefore I tailor my talks.

Again in my opinion I think this adds an interesting aspect to the game. And yes it can be frustrating and you quickly learn which talk/s not to use as they seem to have the opposite effect (not sure if that is a bug) or just how the individual players are feeling.

K...;)

Okay, I was coming here to see if this game had a Rubber Band A.I as three times this season I was leading games 3-1, 4-1 & 2-1 and the opposing team came back and beat me in the final 2-3 mins. I just found it weird that my team could never control the ball and was making horrible passes.

No team talk? Who would have knew?

I'm sorry, but this statement is hilarious.

If a calculation has been sufficiently weighted in one team's favour to render the outcome of the calculation almost certain on the basis of an arbitary decision, as picking the wrong teamtalk obviously does, then that constitutes cheating as far as I'm concerned.

It bothers me not what pompous statements dweebs like you might come out in a desperate attempt to pretend you know what you're talking about. The same goes for djwank6.

If a calculation has been sufficiently weighted in one team's favour to render the outcome of the calculation almost certain on the basis of an arbitary decision, as picking the wrong teamtalk obviously does, then that constitutes cheating as far as I'm concerned.

It bothers me not what pompous statements dweebs like you might come out in a desperate attempt to pretend you know what you're talking about. The same goes for djwank6.

Any proof of this favouritism of AI managers, or weighting against human managers?

It clearly does bother you or you wouldnt be trying to insult both of us "dweebs".

You cant play/understand the game so you come up with some kind of crazy conspiracy that the game cheats you. If this were true how do people win leagues year after year, or get back-to-back promotions?

When my teams play well in first half and have "secured" the win, they will lean back and do little to force it further, but that is pretty normal irl as they already think of the next game. This can be dangerous, but I don't think I have any issues of this kind. Think only I have had 1 draw after a big halftime lead(3-0), but that is not unlikely. And there is not much I can say to change it in halftime.

Not saying that things aren't different for others.

Oh dear. Another statement written without proof or facts :(

Any proof of this favouritism of AI managers, or weighting against human managers?

It clearly does bother you or you wouldnt be trying to insult both of us "dweebs".

QUOTE]

“You cant play/understand the game so you come up with some kind of crazy conspiracy that the game cheats you. If this were true how do people win leagues year after year, or get back-to-back promotions?”

Oooohhhh, a comment as to WHY the original statement was “hilarious”, rather than sneering dweeb insults designed to pretend the insulter has some notion as to what they’re talking about.

With this comment, however, you prove you know nothing. Just another keyboard warrior who, when he senses a smug insult opportunity, goes into such a frenzy they forget about their pimples and lack of girlfriends.

First of all, are you aware that the match is decided via millions of calculations? That these calculations might be a tad out of kilter occasionally, hence the need for adjustments from release to release and from patch to patch? Are you aware of patches, by the way, oh smug, all-knowing one? Do you understand that said patches contain adjustments to the match engine calculations because SI have found they aren’t perfect and are producing incorrect outcomes? Is the current problem with DC marking and through balls a “crazy conspiracy?” If it isn’t, why isn’t it, if a possible imbalance in the teamtalk effect is? Can you even grasp the concepts I’m putting forward, if you’re so stratospherically dense you think a criticism of one single aspect of the myriad match engine calculations constitutes not only a “crazy conspiracy” but, oddly, a proof that the poster concerned “can’t play or understand the game”?

A curious notion that any faults in the match engine (which there definitely is; hence the need for adjustments in the patch) means, if true, that nobody can have success in the game. Why, please tell, if people (like me, by the way) are having success and achieving promotions, is there any need for match engine adjustments in the patches? By your logic, a fault in the match engine calculations equals zero success? Can you grasp that a match engine can have its faults and annoyances while not returning constant defeat to the human player?

I used the verb “to cheat” in my original post by way of hyperbole (look it up) and in my second to demonstrate that, as far as the end user is concerned, under certain circumstances forces are effectively at work that they can have no control over. If this wasn’t the case, why do SI have to work on, to but one example, human player instructions for goalkeeper distribution? In FM10 they’ve solved it at last, in previous versions it was a problem. Do I take it that when people complained about keeper distribution pre-FM10 you got all exited and sneered about them “not understanding the game” and dealing in “conspiracies”?

Still, if it makes you happy and smug, carry on assuming the game is perfect, that SI programmers are omnipotent deities, and that anybody who spots a potential problem can’t play the game, are holocaust deniers to go with it and sneer away.

For all your big words and need to feel smart, you still feel the need to insult other posters and try to make them feel small. Fortunetly I don't need to rise to your bait.

Everybody knows the game is based on calculations, yet you seem to be the only person who thinks these are weighted towards the AI and cheat the human user. Again you may have used big words, but you still havent provided proof of this, just random theories that because the game IS based on calculations the game cheats you out of wins.

Posters like you are commonly know as griefers, or trolls or in non-internet speak: a snob.

Archived