Is this year's FM worth it?

I downloaded fifa 09 for ***** and giggles and i cant start to explain how spoiled we all are by FM... the scouting, transfers, UI, ME, (trust me FM is better) and I'll even add in graphics because Fifa's look fake honestly, its all so very bad... I dont mean to bash it but compared to FM 07 and 09 that i have its rubbish... So my question is I've held out this long (had to wait for exams to be over... need the grades) for those of you who have played a long term game is this years title worth it? My biggest concern is the processing speed b/c 09 was dreadful on my laptop and the long term playability something we couldnt see on the demo which i've played

Note: I'll probably still buy it for myself for christmas but I'd just like to get some long term save managers opinions

I would say it is definately worth it in my opinon, the best version yet so far IMO.

You have no need to worry about processing speed as this version runs much faster that 09. i am 5 seasons into a long term game and really enjoying it.

The only real issues i have so far are that regens attributes are a bit crazy but this is being looked into for the next patch (due out before xmass) and too many long shots being scored (also being updated in next patch i believe).

Some people have had issues with crash dumps and memory leaks but i cant say i have experienced any so far myself.

Definitely worth it, in my opinion.

And like others mentioned; patch 2 is coming soon. After that there's no question for me.

Starting a new season in 2024 now and i'm enjoying every second of it. It's going to be even better after the patch is out :p

These threads are completely useless, you are only going to start debates and everybody is going to have their own opinion so if your trying to determine wether to get the game or not then its gonna be tough because some will love it and some will hate it. My opinion is yes you should buy for sure.

dosnt anyone else feel ripped off sometimes? these game companies bring out a new version every year that is only slightly different from last years! surely a download to update matters would be better and cheaper? tiger woods is the same for the games consoles!

It's all down to the individual but I'd say it's worth it. It hasn't drastically changed IMO, although there are some subtle changes which have enhanced the realism and gameplay. The ability to add new levels to existing countries is great, I'm also really liking the new skin/layout with the tabs etc.

For £17.99 or whatever it is now, I'd buy it.

I think it's definitely worth it, I enjoy this years one a tad more then last years and I imagine once the patch is released I will enjoy it even more, you should definitely consider giving it a try, as for the laptop concerns have you tried the demo to see what that runs like then you can make an assessment.

Ignore that I see you already tried the demo my apologises

It'll be worth it once all the patches are out for it. As much as I love FM10, there's a few tactical inconsistencies that I'm hoping will be fixed in patch 2 at least - for the first time last night, I lost my temper with FM10 due to sloppy defensive issues, and I've never lost my temper with FM before at all in my life. It's very frustrating, as I've also tried to start countless saves with FM10 and just can't seem to get into it. Very odd considering I loved the demo.

At the moment, I've gone back to FM07, but once patch 2 is out, I'll give FM10 another go.

It'll be worth it once all the patches are out for it. As much as I love FM10, there's a few tactical inconsistencies that I'm hoping will be fixed in patch 2 at least - for the first time last night, I lost my temper with FM10 due to sloppy defensive issues, and I've never lost my temper with FM before at all in my life. It's very frustrating, as I've also tried to start countless saves with FM10 and just can't seem to get into it. Very odd considering I loved the demo.

At the moment, I've gone back to FM07, but once patch 2 is out, I'll give FM10 another go.

I find if you play with one ball playing defender set as stopper and one central defender set as cover the defense problems are less

I find if you play with one ball playing defender set as stopper and one central defender set as cover the defense problems are less

I totally agree with this. Since I started doing this, my defense is pretty solid and not doing much in the way of silly things.

You can't compare Fifa and Fm because they're two different types of games, FM is management simulation, Fifa is button mashing with a few added simple simulation options.

Is FM worth it? That depends on your expectations. As this year's game was advertised as 'a more polished product', at the moment I don't see evidence of 'more polish', the same olf bugs regarding defending, closing down and too many spectacular goals are still here on release, just as they were when 09 was released. Ask again in January once it's fully patched and I might have a more positve answer.

Archived