The FM "Wedded Bliss" Thread

FM is by far my favourite "pass time". I wondered if anyone else, probably the more "mature" players, have integrated it into familly life rather than it being a source of marital arguement. My partner & I have 2 PC's set up side by side, every spare minute we play together, I play FM10, she playes Farm Frenzy or the Facebook Cafe game thingy. It is a lovely sharing thing and we both look forward to Saturday mornings as then we can get up sometimes 5 AM to play 3 or 4 hours before doing chores. We have a 9 yr old to look after so spare time shared is precious but we both feel that PC games in general keep us mentally stimulated whilst allowing us to relax. As a single man I always imagined that FM time could be a problem in a shared life situation but am delighted that it is not so.

The Mrs and I came to an agreement that Mon-Thu after the kiddies are in bed then I can play as much FM as I want to Fri-Sun is our time ;)

Stick your foot down, man. Get her a PC and introduce her to Facebook games...that farm one for example. It's a great way to keep the missus interested while you game it up. :D

farmville is the way to go on facebook...

get the missus on that and you can get 3 maybe 4 games in before its eastenders cuddle on sofa time...

I am trying to get her into football.. took her to watch torquay last week first footy game.. so im nearly allowed to watch games on tv.. im only allowed newcastle games and MOTD at mo :/

Both myself and my gf have our laptops, sometimes side by side at the dining room table, sometimes in the living room. She plays Sims 3 or farmville or the cafe thing and its happy time for both of us. She's also a Spurs fan and loves playing fps' with me on the 360 so I think I've met the perfect woman. Happy days.

FM is by far my favourite "pass time". I wondered if anyone else, probably the more "mature" players, have integrated it into familly life rather than it being a source of marital arguement. My partner & I have 2 PC's set up side by side, every spare minute we play together, I play FM10, she playes Farm Frenzy or the Facebook Cafe game thingy. It is a lovely sharing thing and we both look forward to Saturday mornings as then we can get up sometimes 5 AM to play 3 or 4 hours before doing chores. We have a 9 yr old to look after so spare time shared is precious but we both feel that PC games in general keep us mentally stimulated whilst allowing us to relax. As a single man I always imagined that FM time could be a problem in a shared life situation but am delighted that it is not so.

I'm not married, but I play FM in windowed mode, while simultaneously playing that "Facebook Cafe game thingy", which my girlfriend also plays while I'm playing.

farmville is the way to go on facebook...

get the missus on that and you can get 3 maybe 4 games in before its eastenders cuddle on sofa time...

I am trying to get her into football.. took her to watch torquay last week first footy game.. so im nearly allowed to watch games on tv.. im only allowed newcastle games and MOTD at mo :/

surely getting her into football u wouldnt take her to see Torquay :)

Last year I bought my wife a laptop and she sits on Facebook et al whilst I am next to her on the sofa trying to win something on FM. After sixteen years married she is used to my obsession with 'that bloody game' and accepts it (and me) so all in all I'd say it's a pretty good arrangement.

The girlfriend doesn't really like it if I'm playing FM, but she kind of accepts it as well. She's into the whole Facebook thing with Farmville & Cafeworld too so when she's on that I'm on FM or on here, both sittin on the couch watching TV. I'd say she's actually quite impressed that I can pay attention to FM, the TV and occasionally her cuz apparently men "Can't Multi-Task" :D

Archived