unwritten football law...

that witin 5 minutes of you scoring the other team HAS to have a very good effort on you if not a goal. (esspecially in all fm's.) it just garaunteed. iv lost count of the amount of times its happened, normally ending with a goal. Why? im 1-0 etc generally for a reason, my teams playing better! and it has nothing to do with how 'determined' or good the oppo is. so far thats my ownly bug bare of fm10 along with its predocessore. oh yea n too many lon shots scored. lol.

Anyone else know of any other 'sods law's?'

btw, game just froze 46mins into man u chelsea game n lamps just gaveme the lead. sods law eh. (dunno why, brand new 2 week old pc)

Agreed. I almost crap myself if they have a set piece straight after one of my goals. It really doesn't happen this often IRL.

I don't have many complaints about the game in general, I'm really enjoying it, just a few little problems. If they are fixed then it'll be amazing.

If you led 1-0 for most of the game, the AI will score on you in the last few minutes of extended time. Sod's law.

If you score a goal for every 4-5 fast-break counter attacks, the AI will score every time on a similar counter-attack chance against you. Sod's law.

The very player you want to sell/loan, the AI is not interested in. Sod's law.

I disagree with the former statement. "Pleased" is good if your players are demolishing the opposition at half time. "Thrilled", however, is pure suicide. Now, even if your side is having the best first half of the century, this law applies. Your players are gunning for the "thrilled" or "sensational", and if they get what they want at half time, they might as well go in the shower and finish playing. "Pleased" will at least have them running a little extra in the second half too.

Obviously, i agree that "pleased" is a bad choice to use if you're 1-0 up against a relegation candidate. Should only be used if you've totally dominated the first half, scoring at least three goals.

Alternatively, you can say "pleased at the performance", giving the message "you're outplaying them everywhere" if the score is 0-0 and you've had at least 60% posession and a bunch of shots, with your opposition having 0-2 shots of which none are on target. This is a good alternative to being disappointed for your team not scoring with all the posession and shots they've had. Stay positive, people!

Gotta love the realism;)

How many of those did Lucas grab?:D lol

No Lucas. I think it was Gerrard, Huddlestone and Mascherano.

exactly.can never hold on from 70 onwards if winning 1-0

I had a game once, leading 1-0 then after 70th min Craig Gardner scored a long shot and a freekick both from waaaaaaaay outside the box. Lost 2-1 in the end.

I think I've used "thrilled" precisely once. This was the effect:

Half-time score: Leicester 1 Charlton 4

Full-time score: Leicester 5 Charlton 4

This would be the same thing people are complaining about, but for one factor: I was playing as Leicester.

I dont think he really meant that it was impossible, maybe it was a bit of an exaggeration.

That may be the case, anyway it's probably best to drop the matter on this thread, we're getting a bit off topic and speculative now (with regards to what may or may not have been meant by the post I was replying to) and i don't want to be responsible for getting the thread closed:thup:

Ahhh, FM's unwritten rules, eh :D

1. [Player X] has just scored his first goal of the season.

2. [Player X] has just scored his first ever goal.

3. You will pay AT LEAST 100% more than the AI for any player.

4. You will not be able to sell your players for much more than they're worth.

5. You will have a player (yes, 1 player) that scored 3,000 goals for you.

Please note :

Number 5 might just be me ;)

I haven't had this problem at all - what I generally do, if I score first against a better team - switch to a more defensive lineup - and change to balanced and standard. Against smaller teams - keep attacking or at least try as hard as you can to get that 2-0 goal - usually an inspired sub after 60 + minutes do the trick.

i yea i missed out the daddy of it, when your top, 100% fit side is playing a much lower less fit side with 1 striker up front who has gone xxx amount of minutes without a goal. and BANG!! its either 1-0 win for them with him scoring or he gets a hatrick. quite how sum unknown poor stats portsmouth striker does that i dnt know.

Ahhh, FM's unwritten rules, eh :D

1. [Player X] has just scored his first goal of the season.

2. [Player X] has just scored his first ever goal.

3. You will pay AT LEAST 100% more than the AI for any player.

4. You will not be able to sell your players for much more than they're worth.

5. You will have a player (yes, 1 player) that scored 3,000 goals for you.

Please note :

Number 5 might just be me ;)

Funny you should say that I have only once in my 4 years of FM and countless seasons managed to sell a player for more than he was worth and it was the person

you would least expect (John Obi Mikel) ;)

Speaker at Phillips Stadium (PSV against VVV, Affelay just scored the 2-0): Hide your wife and children. They will come back.

VVV goes on attacking, dominate the rest of the game. PSV players crying for a map and some directions.

PSV 2-2 VVV full time.

I ALWAYS GET KOSICE in the 3rd qualifying round of Euro Cup. With Roma and PSV.

I HATE the ''within 5 minutes of scoring the other team score'' factor in FM2010, it's RIDICLOUS. If I could be bothered i'd post about 10 results in 20 games where the other team score straight after I do. Now i accept this does happen, sure but it's got to a stupid point now where no matter who the team is i'm playing it happens.

It's actually just happened again as I write this, full time.

Tottenham 1 West Ham 1

Modric 18 Diamanti 20

It's not as if i'm losing every single one, it's just so regular i'm noticing it now.

Typical. ****ing typical FM match.

The average football match (real life and FM) will have 20-22 shots on goal, with 7-8 on target. If your matches are generating 33 shots on goal, and 18 on target, no wonder scores are all over the place.

Given that the AI follows extremely tight and defined creator logic and stays roughly within the expected parameters for AI v AI matches, the only reason for this has to be your tactics. You are obviously playing extremely open football, which, while creating chances, is full of holes in defence. You are rewarded by scoring loads, but punished by conceding.

Think Keegan at Newcastle and Ardiles as Spurs.

The average football match (real life and FM) will have 20-22 shots on goal, with 7-8 on target. If your matches are generating 33 shots on goal, and 18 on target, no wonder scores are all over the place.

Given that the AI follows extremely tight and defined creator logic and stays roughly within the expected parameters for AI v AI matches, the only reason for this has to be your tactics. You are obviously playing extremely open football, which, while creating chances, is full of holes in defence. You are rewarded by scoring loads, but punished by conceding.

Not trying to be rude or offensive in any way but its like someone who suffered a heart attack and the doctor saying that the problem is his heart.

AI v AI matches ... you mean like the 8-6 match I saw the day before yesterday?:D

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=168017

Not trying to be rude or offensive in any way but its like someone who suffered a heart attack and the doctor saying that the problem is his heart.

If it is that obvious, why didn't you do something different? The equivalent of avoiding chips and beer and switching to salmon and red wine.

Archived