FM 2010 new playable leagues

If not you can make it yourself with the new editor.

i understand that and thats fantastic for us in montenegro beacuse it was so difficult to create our own league, but I still wanted to find out is there gonna be our league, what are the chances that there gonna be our league ....

Well the blog about the editor said something along these lines, I cannot confirm it 100%, but basically all you need to do is go and activate the league in the editor as it is already set-up shouldn't take you more than 10 mins.

How many leagues are in the FM 2009, beacuse in the blog they said there gonna be 50 leagues in 10?

FM has had the same number of leagues for several versions. Nothing has changed with this. However, the new editor will allow the user to add lower levels of existing leagues or to create leagues in countries whose leagues are not already playable. In the case of Montenegro, you will have to create this league, but it can be done with the editor. The only question will be whether you can create the exact structure and rules for the Montenegrin league

I don't know how the league is set up in real life, but if it is similar in structure and rules to other leagues in FM, you should have no problem creating it exactly as it exists.

Well the blog about the editor said something along these lines, I cannot confirm it 100%, but basically all you need to do is go and activate the league in the editor as it is already set-up shouldn't take you more than 10 mins.

Hi. I haven't been able to read the blogs but I'm interested in this post.

Are you saying that si have set up all rules and structures for certain leagues but you need to activate then yourself ?

If so, why wouldn't they make it active by default.

I'm sure I haven't understood correctly.

Actually I don't think they have set up the rules. I think that you have to do that yourself. I just think that, for example in egypt, you can go in and create the leagues easily as it will add the teams to the correct leagues but according to the videos on the blogs you will need to set the rules.

Was wondering, if you want to create or add a league, are the teams and players already in the database waiting to be activated, or do you have to add them yourself?

good point. i want to start in the west sussex county league (level 10 i think) but i have a feeling you would start with a team of greyed out players unless you edit your team before you start.

i think if you add a league it will have real clubs and real players. using the egypt example, al ahly club will automatically be part of the league with all its players

I would doubt that, though I hope I am wrong. Al Ahly are a big club compared to a W Sussex County team, surely they are not in the Dbase - or will the greyed outs become the effective regens for such a team?

Was wondering, if you want to create or add a league, are the teams and players already in the database waiting to be activated, or do you have to add them yourself?

If the teams are the same as in FM09, you can check using the FM09 editor. The teams already there will be in FM10 and just needs to be activated, and the squad members will be too. If the team is not in the database you will need to create it; if the team is short of players they'll either be grays or regens, but you can add them.

For example, I want to manage wee Highland club Golspie Sutherland. They are in the database with 1 player. So I'm guessing the rest of the squad will be grays.

I would doubt that, though I hope I am wrong. Al Ahly are a big club compared to a W Sussex County team, surely they are not in the Dbase - or will the greyed outs become the effective regens for such a team?

It will add the right teams automatically - FM may not have added all the leagues but where an unplayable team is in the game, FM knows which country and which tier they are in. If you look in FM and select an unplayable team, if you use the arrows at the top to view the other teams it knows who is in which league, and will only flick between teams in that league, even though it doesn't actually say what the league is, so clearly FM has a clue who's meant to be where. However, I can't see teams filling with the correct players, except in the case of maybe the top tier or two in foreign countries (you will probably need to be sure to add the players from the database) - in a majority of cases I believe that lower-level division clubs are all handled by single researchers managing as many as maybe two or three leagues all on their own, so the chances of those researchers having added all the players, with correct stats and everything, is low. I might be wrong, of course.

It will add the right teams automatically - FM may not have added all the leagues but where an unplayable team is in the game, FM knows which country and which tier they are in. If you look in FM and select an unplayable team, if you use the arrows at the top to view the other teams it knows who is in which league, and will only flick between teams in that league, even though it doesn't actually say what the league is, so clearly FM has a clue who's meant to be where. However, I can't see teams filling with the correct players, except in the case of maybe the top tier or two in foreign countries (you will probably need to be sure to add the players from the database) - in a majority of cases I believe that lower-level division clubs are all handled by single researchers managing as many as maybe two or three leagues all on their own, so the chances of those researchers having added all the players, with correct stats and everything, is low. I might be wrong, of course.

I think your right, if you just look at the english lower levels down to level 10 the amount of teams is huge. i think to even have all the correct players names and positions is an impossible task but to have all the stats as well is unthinkable. my local team is rustington in the west sussex league (level 10 i think) who play at the end of my road and i would not be able to name all the players let alone put stats down for all of them.

So someone who is going to upload all these leagues on release day will not have a clue about players,just the teams.

Checking the editor, I note that in FM09 Al-Ahly have a squad of 30 players. So you can expect that if you activate or create a league with them, they will have a compliment of real players. As said, in contrast your W Sussex amateurs will have no one in the database and will need to start with either grays or regens.

Archived