Does Determination EVER increase naturally?

I am playing a network game with my friend, and his players Determination stat suddenly appear a lot better - players who CANNOT be tutored - players who are old (26+) or players who are big stars and first teamers.

Is it safe to say he is editing / increasing the stat himself using an editor?

As far as I am aware the stat will never raise without tutoring no matter how long their career is. It is the one stat that can only be altered through tutoring.

So yes, if his players suddenly all of a sudden have a much higher determination stat, than he is editing his players.

he cannot be editing, as if he was editing it he'd have to make a new database, and you both have to be using the same database ¬_¬.

I would do a little research before coming in and responding like that because this says different. Its an in-game editor that allows you to edit players while running the game. So yes if his determination levels increased without tutoring than he was editing the players.

I've personally never actually gone for players, who I can't tutor, who don't have at least 14 determination. So to the theories that players level's raise with a more determined squad I don't actually know. None of my players determination has ever risen when they weren't tutored, guess its just my bad luck.

Determination can be altered quite drastically through tutoring, I've seen a player go from determination 10 to 16 through tutoring, all within one season.

The only other way of raising determination that I know of is fining players when they play poor, if they accept the fine their determination or workrate usually takes a boost of +1.

Some unnecessary advice at the end: :D

Never underestimate tutoring with youngsters, giving them a determination boost and changing their personality to something associated with professionalism really increases the chances of the youngsters fulfilling their potential

But I'm seeing players determination go up between 2 and 9 points.

For example, Pavlyuchenko's Determination went from 9 to 18! That's probably the biggest increase I have seen. The others usually go up 2 - 4 points.

This MUST be cheating since these are players who CANNOT be tutored.

So, is it cheating or can there be another explanation?

Determination can be altered quite drastically through tutoring, I've seen a player go from determination 10 to 16 through tutoring, all within one season.

Very true. I'd underappreciated this until recently. One of my youngsters is being tutored by one of my most determined veterans, and he has gone from determination 9 to 14 in only three months.

Determination can raise without tutorin, eg; if a younger player gets first team experience. Through this theyir mental stats will grow well, I find; however, tutoring does help.

How does that explain how Pavlyuchenko's Determination went from 9 to 18? He's over 27 years old and cannot be tutored.

Anyway, I've NEVER seen a players determination go up without tutoring so what am I missing?

And for those of you that keep referring to 'tutoring' in this thread, can you read the thread again - this isn't about tutoring. I KNOW determination goes up with tutoring.

I'm asking if it can go up without tutoring because I believe my friend is editing the stats (we are playing a network game).

But I'm seeing players determination go up between 2 and 9 points.

For example, Pavlyuchenko's Determination went from 9 to 18! That's probably the biggest increase I have seen. The others usually go up 2 - 4 points.

This MUST be cheating since these are players who CANNOT be tutored.

So, is it cheating or can there be another explanation?

DET can change a little without tutoring, at best 1 or 2 points. a 9-point hike is not feasible without cheating.

Over the course of a good few seasons you might see it happening, even then I would say it is rare. But all at once, as you seem to be implying is impossible even with tutoring. As far as I can see the most an attribute will increase over a month is the very rare 2 points (when you see a straignt up green arrow for a few weeks in between training reports that is it). I've seen players attributes shoot up through a combination of good tutoring, training and proper playing experience, but all this has happened for me for players who are at most 24.

As far as I am aware the stat will never raise without tutoring no matter how long their career is. It is the one stat that can only be altered through tutoring.

So yes, if his players suddenly all of a sudden have a much higher determination stat, than he is editing his players.

That is quite true.

Progressional increase of determination of about 4 - 6 points across a number of years I can fathom happening, but not 9 in a season. Given he's not a regen then there is next to no chance this should be happening, best thing to do is to sign a good scout in your online game and scout him. Then on a single player game, sign the same scout and scout him again, see what difference there is in the numbe of stars. Because a determination hike of 9 would be quite CA costly, so either hes increased the players CA and PA, or in a few weeks you'll see other stats decline enormously.

I thought it was a mental attribute? I know professionalism, temperament, loyalty, ambition etc don't cost CA but determination is more to do with how players react when going a goal down. I'll dig out an editor and see what happens when I increase a players determination by 10 points or so and let you know.

I thought it was a mental attribute? I know professionalism, temperament, loyalty, ambition etc don't cost CA but determination is more to do with how players react when going a goal down. I'll dig out an editor and see what happens when I increase a players determination by 10 points or so and let you know.

I am a researcher for this game and I can tell you that Determination is a personality attribute.

is this the same for the hidden 'big game' stat too?

Is so, how much could we expect a good young player with average/poor consistency/big match attributes increase over say 3-4 seasons?

Yes, the important games attribute can increase too with experience. How much depends on the individual; not sure how much.

So based on that, a promising youngster with a consistency stat of say 10 should still be worth buying then, assuming you might be able to get it up to say 13-15. Would that be realistic do you think?

On the other had if a player between 25-28 had 10 for consistency, then this would be unlikely to go up much? Would that be a reasonable assumption then?

So based on that, a promising youngster with a consistency stat of say 10 should still be worth buying then, assuming you might be able to get it up to say 13-15. Would that be realistic do you think?

On the other had if a player between 25-28 had 10 for consistency, then this would be unlikely to go up much? Would that be a reasonable assumption then?

both good assumptions.

What about Influence and Consistency? A lot of my young players have problems with these and I'd like to think they can be improved on over time.

Influence can be increased significantly by making the player in question Captain. I've seen increases of 5-6 in a season from making a player with Inf ~10 my Captain.

Determination can increase or decrease by one or two points per season depending on certain ingame events such as criticism, fines and some other vague and non-obvious factors. It can also increase by around 5 points per season through excellent mentoring and a solid period of high performance appearances. The 9 point per season claim is to my knowledge not impossible but almost certainly a fluke.

Determination is as has been said a personality attribute. It is in the mental attribute category ingame because it is a vitally important attribute in understanding a players playing personality and general behaviour, but it does not share CA like most of those attributes and functions far more akin to Hidden Mental attributes. Aggression, Bravery, Flair and Influence work in the same/similar way as Determination and are "Personality" attributes which is phrase and not a fact that means that they have a hugely disproportionate affect on a players behaviour and playstyle than say Pace, Strength, Tehnique, Composure.

These "Personality" Attributes in the Mental Attribute Category function more like the hidden mental attributes and other hidden mental traits and do not take up CA and therefore cannot be increased through playing time, match experience or training schedules. They can be increased by Mentoring, by Fines and Criticism, and each of these attributes appears to have certain specific triggers that further increase them. Examples would be playing in a long run of games increasing consistency and scoring a winner as a teenager increasing your influence and important matches.

Determination itself appears to me to be linked in some way to either regular performance ratings or regular motivation levels. I have witnessed a first team member of age 25 play several games with "complacent" motivation and underperform in matches in comparison to his usual average ratings and subsequently lose 1 point of Determination after a few months. This may be coincidence, or it may be a trigger circumstance for altering Determination.

Archived