Board Cash Injection

I'm managing Man City at the moment. I'm just wondering, because when i was managing Hoffenheim a club with very rich chairman they kept injecting money into the club throughout the season and it appeared in news items i'm just wondering does this happen with man city? because i'm halfway through my first season and there has been no cash injections yet.

has anyone experienced cash injections in the news screen with city?

I think it normally only happens with Sugar Daddy clubs or if you have made a lot of money. Unless Man City have had a takeover they are a sugar daddy club so you should see that if your bank balance drops to a certain level a cash injection will be forthcoming. So don’t worry about spending all your transfer budget :)

Unless you use the editor, in the 9.3.0 patch 2 clubs start with a SUGAR DADDY - Hoffenheim and Man Citeh. You should get cash injections, yes - but probably only when you need them. This normally happens when your balance dips into the red. Presumably it will take quite a while of profligate spending of Citeh's reserves for that to happen.

So basically, keep chucking money away and don't worry; when you're all spent you'll get top-ups.

In my Man City save, whenever the balance was around £50m, he put some more money in, never that much though, but that might be because the balance only dropped through monthly loss, rather than a huge transfer.

I think if I spent another £50m he would've brought it back up though.

It's irrelevant now, as my balance is always around £800m-£1bn :D

• 2 years later...

Well im Barnet in the conference in fm10 and i get often cash injections due to the club running at a loss? I was wondering what does people think the point of running a tight ship when if you dont you just get cash injections? Does it impact much on your board confidence?

Well im Barnet in the conference in fm10 and i get often cash injections due to the club running at a loss? I was wondering what does people think the point of running a tight ship when if you dont you just get cash injections? Does it impact much on your board confidence?

Massive thread bump... 2 years and then this1 :) lol

Actually there are 3 types of sugar daddies in FM:

1. Who pump money to excel, despite the losses. Real Madrid, Manchester City, PSG.

2. Who will pump money only when you ask them too, or if you are in financial stress. Cornithian, Zenit, Seattle.

3. Who will just cover up losses at each year end. Mostly in lower league like Lugo, Mohun Bagan, Osaka, Vettis.

Massive thread bump... 2 years and then this1 :) lol

I know lol, well i searched for it like your supposed to before asking a question people have heard a million times lol. But my question remains unanswered, whats the point of keeping your club finacially in the black if your board will help out if you go into the red anyway??

I know lol, well i searched for it like your supposed to before asking a question people have heard a million times lol. But my question remains unanswered, whats the point of keeping your club finacially in the black if your board will help out if you go into the red anyway??

I guess only clubs of a certain status would be able to continually bail you out. I've had West Ham, Derby and Tramere all go bust and get docked points in one of my saves!

1. You may end up in point deduction.

2. Ownership can be transferred with balance still in Red.

3. The subsequent cash injection are always lesser than earlier, i.e you have lesser resources later.

4. Not every club has sugar daddies.

I'm managing Newcastle Town in my FM2011 save and in the early seasons in the Northern Premier League we were losing a lot of money. Every time the debt approached administration level the chairman would inject enough money to stave it off. They must have invested close to £1,000,000 over five seasons.

It's not necessarily big clubs who see cash injections.

Archived