Revolutionary Tactic

Hi i have been playing FM09 and found whilst searching for tips a certain corner tactic that someone developed. Now to say that this revolutionised my season is an understatement and it seems to me that not alot of people are not aware of this brilliant tactic for corner taking. So i have decided to post it here as this is the most widely viewed forum area, as not everyone goes into tactics and training tips. Just to give a little insight into its effectiveness: 1st season i scored 5 goals from corners and in my 1st full season using this tactic i scored 25-30 goals from corners directly. It seems a massive amount and it can entirely be attributed to this tactic, so here it is:

Firstly set your corner taking to 6 yard box.

Use good corner takers preferably inswinging corner takers. (i.e left foot player takes right sided corner or viceversa)

Pick your 2 best players with high ratings in heading, jumping, strength and height. Set one of them to near post flick-on and the other to challenge goalkeeper.

Them simple arrangements get me a massive amount of goals with various teams so i believe it will work for everyone.

Im currently Real Madrid at end of season i used Pepe and Ramos as my 2 best headers with in-swinging corners and Pepe got me 19 goals with Ramos getting 12. Other defenders in my team seem to score quite regularly when i change the players around.

So let me know how you get on.

Its not my tactic i got it from some genius and i know this is not the tactics and training forum, i want to post here so it can become more widespread.

Thanks for reading and good luck

It's cheating in my book, but each to their own....

It's not cheating in my book :).

The computer can set up tactics too. It's only cheating if only one side can do it, or does it. I've no idea how the computer is set-up tactic-wise, but nothing stopping them from doing it.

Wasn't there a bug in one of the versions that the computer played a certain tactic and it was undefendable?

Anyway, I'm in my 80th season or something. I think I should be allowed to exploit some tactics at this stage. No harm really. I've already won the Serie A 30 times in a row. The only thing that will happen is that I'll score more goals.

I personally see it as cheating as it is a deliberate way of exploiting a weakness in the coding rather than an attempt to beat the AI in a realistic way, especially if you are aware of it being a problem with the coding as everyone reading this now is. Like has already been said though, each to their own.

Not cheating at all dont be ridiculous. The whole point of the game is to try and be successful against the AI and this TACTIC, not a cheat, facilitates this success. Its not our fault the AI cant get to grips with real intelligence.

Well last season Lescott got 4, and the season before that he got 10.

That's just one player I researched.

I don't see it as cheating for myself, but I understand for people only starting out their managerial career.

I am over 80 seasons into the game. Not much else to do with it now except mess around and try beat some records until the next version comes out.

This has been around a while and is definitely exploiting a weakness in the Match Engine. Goalkeepers do not come for the ball realistically off corners, allowing nearly every ball played into the 6-yard box to reach an offensive player.

Is it cheating? Debatable, but personally I'd say yes when you design your corners to take advantage of a known game (not AI tactical) flaw. Either way, it's your game, play it as you see fit.

Dave Byrd thats pretty impressive never seen that level of goalscoring before. How many of them roughly were due to corner taking

About half.

Have a look in the challenges and experiments forums, there are threads with strikers scoring over 1000 goals in their FM careers, puts Zigic to shame!

It's an exploit. I wouldn't really call it cheating but people pay money to play how they want anyway. In a single player game, it's upto the person playing to decide what's cheating.

It's unrealistic and I personally would say it's cheating as it's exploiting the ME so therefor I don't use it. I can see why people would do it as it's possible that the AI uses it also. As you say people have spent the money so they can play the game however they like. I wasn't getting at anyone just saying that I don't use it.

:eek:

44 GOALS

for zigic bloody hell

never saw it work that well

the most i've got is 21 with pape diakhate :D

He is THE perfect player for it though! He's 6'8 and has 20 for jumping and 19 for heading.

You'll have noticed that screenshot was taken early April in the season. He went on to get over 50 in the league and almost 80 in all comps.

That was for FM08 though and doesn't work nearly as well in FM09. This is the current striker i'm using with it, not that great but he's 8 goals clear as top scorer in the Prem in his 1st season in England. He scored 5 in a single game but NONE of them were headers!:

97296323.pngw1088.png

It's only cheating if only one side can do it, or does it. I've no idea how the computer is set-up tactic-wise, but nothing stopping them from doing it.

I heard that one of the patches stopped the AI from using this corner set-up, so therefore it is a cheat :)

Oh right, i was a beta tester on all 3 patches and never saw it on any of the fix lists.

May not have been a patch fix then. I just know I've seen it said that the AI can't use it - not from an official SI source mind. Don't suppose any staff are lurking to confirm...?

I was pretty sure I've read somewhere that the AI can't use it. Not sure who it was though.

Ditto. It's a vague recollection but I believe it was in response to the furor over the bug in general. Completely removing the exploit would have caused knock-on problems so SI at least prevented the AI from using it.

who are the best headers in the game can someone name a few thank you very much !

Just search for players with jumping=20.

The AI doesn't look to use it, but it can and does put a player on the goalkeeper. However, it doesn't put a man on each posts and everybody else back defending (the most potent version).

More mythbusting: This cheat started in 08. There was a similar one where you selected "near post" for 07, but that only got say 5 goals a season, maybe 8 at most.

It certainly isn't a "clever tactic" :D

I agree with Neji, I'd call it exploitation rather than cheating...

Some people will use it.. some people will not...

Some may have it without knowing (downloaded a tactic with it built in)

Everyone will take thier game experience differently,

but it's a great starter to use for anyone new to the game,

to get them hooked on winning

Can't see how its fun to use it - a monkey could manage successfully with it.

And to whoever used the Lescott got 10 goals in a season and 4 last year argument... he is one of the most prolific defenders from corners, and still go nowhere near the amount someone using this would get.

Archived