Nations in the World Cup

I have done 3 world cups on my game and there haven't been any surprising teams to qualify, from any continent. Infact almost all the countries in my game are in the world cup in real life. So my question is what are some weird teams you have seen qualify in the 1st 3 world cups? I have seen none.

I would not call that a shock. I've seen them to. They were in the 2002 cup in real life.

DivineOne is from Belgium as am I, so I can tell you: he's joking. Belgium's nation football team (the "Red Devils", but also now known as the "Red Smurfs") is currently so far in the drain the only way they'll ever make it to a WC is through organizing it (which they are trying to do).

If you don't have the qualifiers processed in detail, it's unlikely you'll get surprises.

I thought Belgium were doing quite well for themselves? Fellani and the one with the cool name that I have forgotten in midfield, Kompany and Vermalen in defence, AVB and Jelle Van Damme at full back, that's a good side. Have I missed anyone obvious?

I thought Belgium were doing quite well for themselves? Fellani and the one with the cool name that I have forgotten in midfield, Kompany and Vermalen in defence, AVB and Jelle Van Damme at full back, that's a good side. Have I missed anyone obvious?

We have the players to be a decent team, it just ain't happening. Hopefully Dick will help us become a good team.

Not in the first 3, but..

35960356.jpg

Guatemala and Hondurus are both regular qualifiers since the 2030's.

New Zealand and Uzbekistan amongst others have also made appearances, and Scotland have won it twice, with Wales making the semis in 2038.

2010 was pretty normal, besides my USA team winning it (over Russia, also weird), 2014 had Bosnia and Jamaica, 2018 had Israel, El Salvador, Mali, and China, and 2022, coming up in the summer, just had the group stages drawn - we have Bosnia again, Honduras, Ireland, Denmark, and the first real shock qualifier - Singapore. They beat New Zealand 4-3 on aggregate in the OFC-AFC playoff, the second leg was a great match. New Zealand just needed to level the aggregate scoreline to qualify on away goals, and hit the post twice in stoppage time.

We have the players to be a decent team, it just ain't happening. Hopefully Dick will help us become a good team.

I stand behind my dick. :D

We do have the individuals (although I'm doubting the qualities of Vermaelen), but we had a lousy coach... they fired him a few months too late, making this session of qualifying for a big tournament already as dead as a fish.

Archived