I just spent

I'm Man City into my 3rd season - just won the league in my 2nd season although was expected to finish 5th. Had Insua and Wayne Bridge at Left back, Insua was good, but not good enough and Bridge was getting worse every season so sold Bridge for 8 mil and looked at Margas, Maxwell and Bale all wanted over 50 mil and Bale is the best left back on the game so thought, it had to be done. Marcelo is way better than he is rated as well.

Bale is nowhere near the top. Best left backs in England: Cashley Cole, Bridge, Evra, Clichy - crivens, even Newcastle's left back is rated higher than Bale. Then you have Chiellini, Abidal, Chivu, Lahm, Maxwell .... Bale wouldn't make the top 50!

Cole are you kidding??

Anyway i was lucky, there were loads of regens at LB in my game that were amazing so i got a young 17 y/o to train up and replace Evra, plus he was english so :):)

Good player guide anyone?

To the OP, kudos on a descriptive thread title :thup:

No need to be an arse mate. And no, not good player guide.

I have never noticed a massive problem with Left Backs so that I would resort to £66,000,000 for one, but there aren't enough.

Yeah, I do have a couple of good very young left backs but still not as good as Bale's PA. The point is, the board have said the minimum expectation to win the league and with Insua at left back I needed a better left back and the only ones I found good enough were Margas, Maxwell and Bale. That Bettis left back does look good though, Taylorsmen. Scouting him...

And yes 66 million is madness. but I had 200mil to spend and was pretty comfortable with my team. I have 3 players for every position except Left back and Goalkeeper - where I spent 35million of Steve Mandana. Again, 35million on a keeper is madness. But Joe Hart just don't cut it.

Joe Mattock!

I'm telling you this mon is the future, you do have to get him straight away when the game starts though and nurture him but he becomes a leading prem without fail ;)

and available at the pricely sum of around £3mil usually

Joe Mattock has come very good in my game. Had to spend £10m to get him from Celtic (this is a few years down the line in my game and he'd moved there from Leicster), but since then he's become the first choice England left back, and Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal are all interested in him, making offers of £13m+

I dunno if he's the best LB in my game, but he's up there. It wouldn't do any harm to have a look, especially if you're early on in your game, as you should be able to get him on the cheap.

Joe Mattock!

I'm telling you this mon is the future, you do have to get him straight away when the game starts though and nurture him but he becomes a leading prem without fail ;)

and available at the pricely sum of around £3mil usually

He starts at Leicester, which is where I started and the amount of bids I recieved for him and the amount of times he got unsettled but I stuck it out and now hes my captain and one of the best LBs on the game XD

Archived