DMC Position bugged?

Have a quality side, nearly world class, nearly world class DMC (hamsik) but no matter the formation/quality of the player this position consistently underperforms for me. Is there anyone out there having success with a DMC?

Have a quality side, nearly world class, nearly world class DMC (hamsik) but no matter the formation/quality of the player this position consistently underperforms for me. Is there anyone out there having success with a DMC?

I agree for the most part - I had 'leading star' premiership DMFs Ducasse, Matuidi and Benzerga - and they all got consistent 6s with occasional 7s. I think they perform better as CMFs - with more 7s. I know how to get them to perform well - put them on other teams - then they'll all be superstars and destroy you.

So it's not just me.

My DMC position has been a problem, they just stand there and let people run past them. In previous versions a decent DMC would cut out a lot of the opposition attack and get involved in our own attack, now they just seem to be lazy and don't bother with anything. I have tried several players and it is the same result everytime, they do get a lot of 6s and some 7s but rarely do they have any influence over the game.

Have you all started new game for 8.0.2? I bought Veloso from Pporting CP and he works wonderfully. I play 4-4-2 diamond and he plays DMC. He hardly get below 7, usually 7-8 forms.

I had that problem before this latest patch but then since I started a new game (3rd season now), I no longer think that there's a problem with that anymore.

tell them you are disappointed at half time and that 6 should more often than not jump to a 7 at least, but i find it hard to get most players beyond a 7 unless they score or my team wins heavily now.

if not then could be your tactics, get your dmc tight marking and hard tackling and hopefully it will help.

i cant say ive noticed anything really bad with the dmc this time round, im more cursing my defence for not sticking with their men at times than anything.

I play my DMCs in a flat 442 usually. Set him to forward runs rarely, defensive mentality. Rarely scores less than 7 - usually an 8 or 9 if my team scores 3 or more. As long as he has good passing ability.

If I use him in the actual DMC position he isn't as effective unless my full backs are also defensive-minded.

I've noticed that most of the guys I play at the DMC slot lose possession too easily. They have the tendency to just stand there holding the ball, waiting for an opponent to take it from them. I'm convinced that players in that position now need to have high dribbling and decision-making skills. I don't use that tactic anymore, though, and it's greatly improved my defense.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pauly15:

Have a quality side, nearly world class, nearly world class DMC (hamsik) but no matter the formation/quality of the player this position consistently underperforms for me. Is there anyone out there having success with a DMC? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There have been a few threads on DMCs. If you simply mean that he gets poor match ratings, then ignore it.

If you mean he is playing poorly, I suggest you nip over to the tactics forum for invaluable advice from experts.

my dmc (zokora) regularly gets 8's and a few nines (on the odd occasion he has scored) and his average is 7.29. i play him usually in MC with settings to close down everywhere pass really short, mentality is normal, mixed forward runs, never run with the ball, lots of through balls and mixed long shots. the rest is team set.

i sometimes play him in DMC role as a playmaker, and he sets up all the attacks.

Now you come to mention it my Werder Bremen DMCs tend to only ever get 6 or 7 ratings desppite the fact that when I watch them play I am often quite happy with much of their play and they provide a very good pivot for my passing against many sides who don't have an AMC directly up against my DMC.

I remember bringing in Frank Baumann to play there because Leon Andreassen was only getting 6s and 7s and I was impressed by Baumman's performances and so a little surprised that he only got 6s and 7s too.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by philly_flyer10:

A DMC seems to have no effect on stopping the other team scoring. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Complete nonsense from a tactical idiot icon_rolleyes.gif

its true to life then! look at when makalele went to chelsea first he was immense but didnt seem to do much. thats there job to do nothing special. ive got alou diarra. his average is 7.12 across the season. he scores some from corners, but apart from that hes has 40/41 passes everygame and 12 interceptions and lots of tackles and headers nothing special. no runs or spectacular goals. thats his job. hes not ment to get 8 or 9's!

i love my DM, i play him behind three MCs (with runs to the left and right) and he is able to supplement my defence when needed and also join counter attacks.

when i want to kill the game i'll even bring on a second DM behind two side midfielders to really plug up the middle of the pitch. works a treat.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jkae:

its true to life then! look at when makalele went to chelsea first he was immense but didnt seem to do much. thats there job to do nothing special. ive got alou diarra. his average is 7.12 across the season. he scores some from corners, but apart from that hes has 40/41 passes everygame and 12 interceptions and lots of tackles and headers nothing special. no runs or spectacular goals. thats his job. hes not ment to get 8 or 9's! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You could argue that he should get 8s or 9s for doing his job, but unfortunately the rating system isn't complex enough to know what you expect of a player when giving them a rating. I remember previous versions when my winger used to get horrible ratings seemingly just because he never won any of his headers, which I never expected him to anyway!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by phnompenhandy:

Complete nonsense from a tactical idiot icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, this "tactical idiot" has just got into Europe with QPR and it only happened when I removed my DMC and I went from finishing 17th to 6th.

Twat.

i just think defensive mids are underated, mine alwasy cleans up, saves my ass alot but if they dont score goals they dont get a big rating. its just that the ratings system needs sorting out, if a defender has a horrible game but scores he gets an 8, my keep let in 3 the other day was on a 5 but he puted it upfield and got an assist, he finished on 8. my tip, just go on stats, if you know hes playing well you dont need him to get 8s and 9s

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by turn it upto 11:

if a defender has a horrible game but scores he gets an 8. my tip, just go on stats, if you know hes playing well you dont need him to get 8s and 9s </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep. Completely agree. The rating system is not complex enough. Last night, my star striker played crap for 88 minutes, and in the last minute he scored a penalty. Result: an 8. While he won just 3 of 10 headers, completed only 40% of his passes.

So, do not base your assessment of a player on the rating alone!

This is not my experience.

I bought Jean Makoun a DMC. I play him as a DMC and have him as my playmaker. He is also not to hardly ever get forward

He regularly receives good ratings out of ten and is the most mentioned player in the post game highlights, both tv commentator and media

Think about this also in real like, a DMC say like Hargreaves / Makelele / Gareth Barry of recent even Batty of old not matter how efficient or how effective a game they have they don't always get the praise from the media or tv pundits they deserve, particularly compared to strikers scoring goals or keepers making a string of saves

Look at things another way. When I'm restricting teams to just 2 shots of which both are off target and this player putting in tackles and setting up attacks he is for me performing an effective role

My view as mentioned earlier is that there are more considerations than just ratings to assess your player

Also think in similar way that a keeper getting just a taing of 6may not have had a bad game, it maybe that he has not had a save to make

I have found that DMC tend to play better in the 2nd season onwards. Wierd I know, but on my Arsenal game Palombo (I think that is how you spell it, the guy from Sampdoria) sits in the middle of the park with defensive instuctions, rarley getting forward. He is used as a playmaker (20 passing, good creativity). However first season averaged just 6.94 and I was thinking he was yet another amazing player who couldn't play well in the Prem. 2nd season though he up it to 7.17 3rd season 7.48 and current season is 7.20 (10 games in)and is now often mentioned as key player to watch.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by millsy1982:

I have found that DMC tend to play better in the 2nd season onwards. Wierd I know, but on my Arsenal game Palombo (I think that is how you spell it, the guy from Sampdoria) sits in the middle of the park with defensive instuctions, rarley getting forward. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Does that mean the MC position? If so then it is a different issue to if you are actually playing him in the DMC position (apparently). I use Palombo in an MC position at Sampdoria and he does far better (in terms of rating) generally than my Bremen DMC despite the fact that Bremen are flying as a team and Sampdoria are dossing around mid table. We play possession short passing slow tempo football at Sampdoria though - Palombo actually got through 139 passes (130 completed) in his last game so that aspect of his game was working fine!

In my game at least, I’ve found the DMC position to be a bit of a problem spot. He would always complete a stupidly high amount of successful passes but still get a decidedly average 6 nearly every game.

I've since moved my DMCs up to the MC position and also added backwards arrows and it seems to have done the trick. They now usually get 7.40+ rating per season and have also found that I get a lot more goals and assists from them.

I now actually use a formation that uses two DMCs this way.

Archived