It is Unxplainably Unrealistic.

1st I am patched 9.3.0

Well I'm not going to make a long, tedious and boring post just to show the point I'm trying to get across.

They prices wanted for player are Unexplainably Unrealist It's beyond a Joke.

When managing Barcelona 2nd Season £187,000,000 to spend

£40,000,000 Offered for Mexes He was worth £15,000,000 and they counter it saying they want £110,000,000. In real life they would happily accept £40,000,000 for him.

£30,000,000 Offered for Diego Milito He was worth £6,250,000 and they say they want £85,000,000 Again they would happily accept £30,000,000 for him.

A few more shocking ones as well but I tried one just to see how silly this could get, Here we go.

£44,000,000 for Scott Brown(Celtic MC) He was worth £6,000,000 and had a bad 1st season and they counter it with a STUNNING £61,000,000 I am a life long Celtic fan and Celtic would accept anything in the region of £12,000,000.

So anyone got any explanation as to why this happens?? I know they are important players to the clubs but all above would IRL been accepted>

+ All money was offered straight up as was their counter bids.

If the team has no need for small amounts of cash then why would they sell him?

you can try to unsettle them and maybe lower their price, but it may take a whole because you may have to wait until their contract expiry date gets closer before the club realizes they have to sell him.

No, Rider have a point. I mean 110 mil for Mexes?? .If they didn't want to sell they should just reject any offer. On the other hand, If the offer is extremely high, as in this cases, then their board should interfere and accept it, like MY board does for LOWER offers in comparison to those that Rider made.

TBF i'm having very little problems with the current prices - even between clubs in the same league - with man city you can get the likes of woodgate, barry and santa cruz for very realistic prices.

The way i interpret £60,000,000+ requests is basically the AI saying "i don't want to sell" which is perfectly realistic - i do the same, if the AI asks for a key player, i slap a £100m price tag on him. You need to stop seeing this as the clubs wants "£x" for a player and start seeing it as the club doesn't want to sell him under any circumstances but may be willing to for "£y" amount.

I've slagged off the transfer market many times but it is heading in the right direction.

NB: If you feel there are faults/bugs - i would consider scott brown to be a bug btw - then post in the bugs forum - how else are SI going to know about specific bugs otherwise?

If they didn't want to sell they should just reject any offer.

No no no no

This is perfectly realistic - IRL no player is going to have any offer rejected - there is always a point where his value is met - if the player is essential to the squad saying we want £100m is fine.

£25 million for Eto'o? I got £50 million from Arsenal for him when I played as Barcelona. I agree sometimes it is unrealistic on my missus game as Arsenal she started at £15 million and went to £24 million for Carrizo the Lazio GK and they kept rejecting then 1 week later they offered him out for £8 million.

I actually find most of the negoiating to be really good on FM09 especially compared to FM08 I always try to offer say double their value then they counter with a higher offer. Did you really start the bidding on Scott Brown at £44 million?

Its hard to explain but maybe the first offer is so high they think that they can rip you off. I always start low and go up in £1million to £2 million until they negoiate. Trouble is some players the club just dont want to sell.

There can be no doubt the transfer system in FM is not realistic. Anyone can see that. The question is can SI ever make it work to a decent level?

60Million for Scott Brown?????? Come on, thats ridiculous.

What? IRL no plyer is going to have an offer rejected? What are you talking about? I mean, didn't you ever hear about a tranfer bid rejected without renegotiating? Or that "the player is simply not for sale"?

It's a turn of phrase - it is common sense that if someone offered £250m for Arteta everton would accept it, despite saying he is not for sale at any price.

This is all the £100m negotiations from the AI is supposed to represent. If you can't grasp that all players ahve a price, even those that are key, then i don't know why you're bothering to comment here.

Man, that was hursh. Anyway, If you can't grasp that there's no club in the universe to offer 250m for Arteta, so the expression "not for sale" means no renegotiating, then you're in the wrong sport.

For god's sake that's the whole point!!!

There is no club that would pay £250m for Arteta - in the same way that IRL there is no club that would pay £100m for mexes (as in the OP) - if you can pay a disproportionately large sum e.g £100m for mexes then you can buy a player who is "not for sale" - in the same way that IRL if someone offered £100m for most players they would sell, despite not being for sale.

I'll give you another example - Middlesborough stated that downing was not for sale - if man city had offered the same amount for him as they had done for kaka would downing have still been "not for sale"???

Every player has a price - if you don't think that is the case then *shrug* it's up to you. FM represents that "not for sale" actually means "not for sale unless for a huge amount" - there's more than enough real life precendent for this, if you choose to ignore it then that's your problem.

I think we're saying the same, the only point I disagree is that IRL a club would never put a 100m tag to a player like, let's say Mexes. They would just say "not for sale", stop negotiating. But IF the other club come back a huge offer, then and only then they would accept. That's the difference between FM and RL.

So in your example, Middlesborough would never say "we want 40m for Downing", but "Downing is not for sale". IF the citizens made that extreme offer they would accept. In FM it would probably be something like "we want 100m for him". By the way, I didn't mean to be irritating.

I think we're saying the same, the only point I disagree is that IRL a club would never put a 100m tag to a player like, let's say Mexes. They would just say "not for sale", stop negotiating. But IF the other club come back a huge offer, then and only then they would accept. That's the difference between FM and RL.

So in your example, Middlesborough would never say "we want 40m for Downing", but "Downing is not for sale". IF the citizens made that extreme offer they would accept. In FM it would probably be something like "we want 100m for him". By the way, I didn't mean to be irritating.

Ok, i can agree with this - we do appear to be saying much the same thing.

Yes IRL 'borough wouldn't say "we want £100m" - unfortunately this is just the way FM is, but you can see why i feel what it represents rather than what it says is realistic?

Applogies if i got too exasperated ;)

Dude, use SCOUTS man, the good scouts usually tell you whether the club want to sell or not, if the price the scout suggest is 5, 6 times higher then it would mean the other club doesn't want to sell.

Just let your scouts search for awhile, and then sorted everyone in the MAIN SCOUT filter. Sometime you will see very good player that could be bought for reasonable price (e.g: $10M, ask $15M....). There are many reasons for it.

...... It's realistic!

61 million for scott brown though.............

Of course it's ridiculous in real life, but remember that the game doesn't understand real life value, per se. Besides, you should be able to work that down quite a bit in the game.

I'm with Ched here, I understand some teams should just say "not for sale," but at the same time no team is going to turn down ridiculous money for a single player. Look at the possible Kaka deal. Milan would be able to buy multiple players--perhaps none individually as good as Kaka--but certainly the younger, better (cough defenders cough) players they need.

Sold Eto'o for £25,000,000 and Xavi for £17,000,000 + others and Won champions league and Serie A so I think not.

Still that accounts for about 50 M, So you were given 125 M British Pounds to spend .... that's a lot, even for Barca. Especially if you won the "Serie A" (i'm assuming you mean La liga) and CL, why would they give you so much money? You don't need players, you clearly can win anything without needing much reinforcements. I don't remember anytime irl when a team spent more than 100 M Euros during a transfer market, bar Man Utd the year before they won the CL, but that was to win it, not after....

Don't get me wrong, Im not criticizing you, I'm saying that in general the big teams are given far bigger budgets than irl, and that's not realistic imo. For example, my cousin was able to spend 250M euros with Valencia, and they're supposed to be close to bankruptcy...... ?!?!

Back to the point: as people have said, if the AI says it wants ridiculous prices for their players, consider it to mean they do not want to sell, unless you are willing to break the bank. It will make much more sense that way

Cheers

If you want to get good/great players for lower prices, the only option is to hope/wait for their clubs to become poor. For example, Bayern Munich always seem to get bankrupt (in my current game it happened near the end of the second season). Because of that it is possible to get their best players for low amounts. This is an extreme but the idea is the same, wait for their finances to become OK or Insecure and dive in.

As for rich clubs not accepting offers lower than 100M or more, this is the way SI devised to keep these players at their clubs. This is because, unlike IRL, I feel that, generally, clubs tend to amass too much money. For example, I'm at start of season 4 and Real Madrid has around 400M Euros in the bank. Is this possible IRL?

Another thing is that debt is, in most cases, not properly reflected ingame. For example, in Portugal the top clubs have debt in the range of 150 to 250 Million Euros each. This is not in the game, where they have no debt.

Because of all this, there's a lot more money on clubs' coffers than happens IRL. The solution is then to increase the price tag for top players.

I also thought that it was a bit ridiculous that the clubs' top players have such prices tags. But, after some thinking, I believe this is correct, to give some balance to the finantial area of the game.

There can be no doubt the transfer system in FM is not realistic. Anyone can see that. The question is can SI ever make it work to a decent level?

60Million for Scott Brown?????? Come on, thats ridiculous.

I've seen Man Utd (A.I) buy him for 30-60 million in every game ever I've started since FM08 came out. This game makes my head hurt sometimes.

• Administrators

Basically it's their way of saying that said player 'is not for sale' by quoting a ridiculous price. Really they should just continually say 'he's not for sale' rather than quote such huge fees - but then I'm sure when Milan said £100m for Kaka they never really expected Man City to say okay.

When i was City manager a while back, i had a bad CM so thought 'Oh look, Barry is class' so went in for a bid of around 18m for him. Ended up paying 42m for him, its ridiculous. Its like other clubs can tell how much money you've got to spend.

Hmm well i suppose that would be quite realistic.

Basically it's their way of saying that said player 'is not for sale' by quoting a ridiculous price. Really they should just continually say 'he's not for sale' rather than quote such huge fees - but then I'm sure when Milan said £100m for Kaka they never really expected Man City to say okay.
I would say that this sounds right if it wasn't for AI teams paying exorbitant sums for players like Scott Brown, which would seem to suggest that it's more a case of player values being out of whack across the board. Or at least for highly-valued players it does.

I think it ceases to be as much of an issue once you accept that even as the biggest clubs you can't just buy any player you want. And that's the way it should be.

Archived