rooney

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by htygyr:

how did rooney get so good on the patch??

he just scores for fun when on other patches he didnt!

its not cool </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tbf he scores for fun in real life. So i think it's more realistic

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mattskelding:

You obviously didnt see the Man Utd v Arsenal Cup match the other week... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That was one game and if we're talking about him scoring loads of goals, he only scored once.. Fletcher is the ultimate goal machine going by that game icon_smile.gif. In FM he is too much of a goal scorer (as patsyBlah said)

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Phil1987:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mattskelding:

You obviously didnt see the Man Utd v Arsenal Cup match the other week... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That was one game and if we're talking about him scoring loads of goals, he only scored once.. Fletcher is the ultimate goal machine going by that game icon_smile.gif. In FM he is too much of a goal scorer (as patsyBlah said) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif Fletcher, the ultimate goal machine!

Rooney does score way too many. He simply doesn't score that much IRL.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">how did rooney get so good on the patch??

he just scores for fun when on other patches he didnt! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What patch are you using because on my game using the 8.0.2 patch he's going through a terrible spell and hasn't scored for 10 games. I have him in the reserves currently trying to regain his scoring touch.

In my latest save he is an absolute machine. 8.0.2 patch.

From memory, he got 30-odd first season, nearly 40 second, and 32 latest, and that included a 6-game "goal drought".

Still not as good on the game as Adebeyor, who has 40+ every season. Most of them against me.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by el sid:

Both Adebayor and Rooney are over rated IMO.. they score 30-40 goals every season.. i played 6 seasons and in every one, the two are in the top 3 premier league goal scorers with 20+ goals in the bpl alone.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Adebayor scored 19 goals this season

Whats to say he scores 20 goals a season in the Prem for the next six years, seems realistic!

With Rooney, he has the ability to score the same amount as Ronaldo.

But doesnt due to his unselfish desire to score, the assists and the role he plays.

In FM, he is probably playing as a 'out and out striker'.

Does everyone here play in the Premiership or have it active with detail set to 'full'?

I'm asking because I have it active but detail level to none and his statistics are 86 goals in 200 Premier League matches since the beginning of the game. Most recent season he has stats of 37 appearances/100 shot attempts/61 on target/14 goals in the league.

The pattern of my game so far has been that any time I am in a league and it switches to full detail, the top scorer can bag 10+ goals more than in the no detail level of previous seasons, along with all other strikers in the league.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Whats to say he scores 20 goals a season in the Prem for the next six years, seems realistic! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This may sound silly, what with Adebayor having scored 19 goals an all but Adebayor ain't a goalscorer.

rooney became pritty realistic for me in my second season he was not the goal machine he was for me in the 1st after he came back from his broken finger that rulled him out for 2 weeks ever since he started piking up more injuries aswell

Rooney does score too many IMO in the game. IRL he's a pretty poor one-on-one finisher, and he misses an awful lot of chances. He's certainly not a natural finisher, or, IMO, an out-and-out centre forward.

Archived